A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 414984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clarity
« Reply #7680 on: August 03, 2006 06:57:48 PM »

Hi, this is sort of future etsy related, I've been thinking of starting an etsy too. I know the items I want to make but I wanted to know what everyone thinks of my avatar for etsy. It was recently re-designed by the talented Jmi, I like it a lot, but what do you think of it for etsy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7681 on: August 03, 2006 07:27:04 PM »

... in other news I spent the past week lost in the adirondack mountains talking to loons and bears.  Oh, and my park ranger lover.  He and some of the other rangers have been carving peace pipes. 

Really really nice peace pipes and I don't smoke.  They are about 3 inches long, completely hand crafted... and made from Pine found in the deep mountain woods.

So here is my question, is there a market for this sort of stuff on etsy?  If i listed a pipe for them in my shop would it make me/my shop seem less credible/more trashy?  Is anyone out there even interested in a hand made peace pipe?

Here are a few thoughts I had on your question:
1. you'd only be out .10 if you listed and no one bought, so really not too much of a loss
2. are they useable/working pipes? I ask because many people will ask if you do list them... if they are it leads me to...
3. what are etsy's policies on items like this? Is it a devil may care as long as its hand made no problem kind of thing... is it a no go at all because of the possibility that someone may use it for you know.... would you have to carefully word your description to include the words tabacco and avoid others (this is a common practice in street stores here where I live, where all manner of working pipes have HUGE multiple signs that declare useage for tobacco only)
4. If everything seems like it would be totally okay to sell.... I say sell em... since there are alot of similar crafts on etsy there doesn't seem to be many pipes... in fact I just checked and so far searching for "pipe" brings up tons of stuff that isn't pipes and only two actual pipe like objects that are flutes.

I would think the only way it would make you or your shop seem less credible or trashy would be if they were presented in way that gave that impression. As long as you write a professional description accompanied with good pics.... I say go for it.

ETA: I continued my search and found only one peace pipe so far
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006 07:40:25 PM by Conley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
novemberlies
« Reply #7682 on: August 03, 2006 08:31:58 PM »

ETA: I continued my search and found only one peace pipe so far

I know, i searched too.  nothing.  i searched a lot of different things and nothing came up, just that one antive american looking thing.

These pipes are fully functional (good old boys in the mountains put the prototype to the test.)

I looked in the etsy rules and found nothing condemning smoking paraphanelia, but my concern is the 18+ thing, because as far as I know you do need to be 18 to purchase any thing like this.  Pipes are definitely not illegal and I would emphasize that it is intended for tabacco use only.

Thanks for the great feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: August 03, 2006 09:04:15 PM »

I dont know who else reads popgadget, but i do! They did a write up of etsy on tuesday http://www.popgadget.net/2006/08/etsy_is_where_w.php  and beag since you were featured that day you made it into their screen shot of etsy! just wanted to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
bixby2
« Reply #7684 on: August 03, 2006 09:48:23 PM »

Holy crap BeaG that rocks!! Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
dutchclassic
« Reply #7685 on: August 03, 2006 10:40:33 PM »

Modus, I love the gnome!
I'm working on a tiny project, but I dunno how it's gonna come out....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

believer10
« Reply #7686 on: August 03, 2006 10:54:01 PM »

wow this forum really does move fast....

sweets - thank you and yes i do combine shipping!

also i just got feedback form a user who bought thigns from me and my sis in april, which makes me happy cus a higher feedback score always looks good, plus 7 more people hearted me which makes me feel special.

oh and if you could check out this lovely ladies store: www.Cellardoor.etsy.com  i met her in my home town at an art walk and told her about etsy and just realized she signed up too!  hooray for getting more people on etsy! so please check out her work its lovely stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7687 on: August 03, 2006 11:30:47 PM »

Oh wow, my product was featured at the right time. Thanks for letting me know, superstitch!
Gr,
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarity
« Reply #7688 on: August 03, 2006 11:31:08 PM »

www.Cellardoor.etsy.com[/url]  i met her in my home town at an art walk and told her about etsy and just realized she signed up too! 

her items are unusual feminine but tough at the same time, will heart her I think

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7689 on: August 03, 2006 11:53:45 PM »

Hey all I just opened by Etsy shop today woot!
http://crafterbynite.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Popcorn Marshmallow Lollipop Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Cupcake With Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
Fat-Free Banana Ice Cream Floats Recipe
Strawberry-Banana Popsicle Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...