A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1229
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How's Your etsy Shop Doing?  (Read 412358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elmonerd
Tutorial Contributor

Sporadic Crafter

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2005 11:23:14 AM »

Hi fellow etsy shop owners!

I just opened my etsy shop and was wondering how everyone was doing with theirs? I haven't sold anything yet.
Does anyone here go to etsy to buy stuff?

I already bought two bags from madbeautiful. I love etsy it's such a great idea. Do you think there's a lot of non-crafter's buying stuff?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005 11:24:46 AM by elmonerd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

little things I make http://vendibles.etsy.com
Spangle
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005 06:27:11 PM »

Hi, just setting up shop y/day and today. So far have 26 items listed and something over 50 views but no sales as yet.

I'd say it's mostly craftster-type people checking it out so far. Did you check out the thread on Etsy re getting the word out?
http://www.etsy.com/forums_topic.php?thread_id=13

Miriam
http://spangle.etsy.com
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005 06:29:58 PM by Spangle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005 08:03:07 PM »

Our store is doing really well. We have been up for almost a month & sold 3-4 items per week. It's a slow start but it's a start.

I do think it is mostly crafty types so far but I know they are working hard to get the word out & drum up business for everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
muchachaK
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005 12:09:49 PM »

(Hey thanks for the link to the "getting the word out" thread Spangle!)

I just set up my etsy store last night--saved my bf from having to install a shopping cart on my website, now I can link right to the etsy store.

I think like any internet business, it's critical right now for people to tell everyone they know about it to generate traffic, expecially among non-crafters.  Even if it's not fancy marketing, just sending out an email to everyone you know saying "hey wow, check out etsy" or "you know how you guys always tell me to sell my stuff, well here it is on etsy" is a great idea...if they like it they'll forward it to other people.  I'm still setting mine up so I just sent it to my mom, and she LOVED it, the site that is, not just my shop Wink  And you know how moms operate--you tell mom, suddenly the whole family knows!

Oh, so BACK ON TOPIC, it's too soon to tell how my shop will do but I think the success of everyone's shops is going to be very much determined by how much "getting the word out" everyones does!  Like any other website, if people don't know about it, they won't go to it...

OH and I have totally been browsing to buy on etsy, I love buying handmade stuff on the internet (two of my favorites are www.texashautesauce .com and www.snapcrafty.com...)...I'm just short of cash this month because I am in the middle of moving, but next month, look out etsy, here I come with my wallet...great way to support the site too obviously, not just get cool new stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005 07:50:56 AM »

I've sold a few craft supply items - but not finished product yet.  So right now for me it's a great way to sell off those unused supplies just sitting around - not making much of a profit on them, but it's better than having them sit around collecting dust!

I plan on doing some etsy shopping for birthdays and Christmas - other than that have to curb my spending habits!

And yes - the word still needs to get out to the rest of the shopping masses.  And have you noticed that there are now no fees until November! Woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.co m - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.bl ogspot.com
beadgalsarita
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005 11:05:33 AM »

I'm doing okay, I've sold a few items (one item through the store, but not through the store..if that makes any sense.)  It's enough to convince me that it's worth staying with etsy, even after the fees kick in.  I hope the site gets lots of great press, b/c it really is a great place with tons of great products.  I tell most everyone I know about the page, especially if I know it's the type of thing they enjoy.

~Sarah

p.s.  also loving the no fees till november Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muchachaK
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005 11:12:41 AM »

BTW I love it when people put their websites and etsy shops in your signatures here on craftster--I always go and check out the link and that is how I have made several of my craft item purchases.  So if you've ever wondered if that gets people visiting your shop/site, now you know, yes, it does Smiley  I have had several craftsters check out my site the same way over the past 9 months--unfortunately my bag biz has been very much in development during that time so I haven't been able to really focus on it--but it's neat to know that people do look!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
elmonerd
Tutorial Contributor

Sporadic Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005 12:08:22 PM »

Hi all, glad to here everyone's shops are going well.

BTW I love it when people put their websites and etsy shops in your signatures here on craftster--I always go and check out the link
I love it too! It's so fun seeing everyones shop, please people post more with your links, I'll visit.

-eleanor
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little things I make http://vendibles.etsy.com
meg4568
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005 05:53:38 PM »

i opened one the other day. I sold something right away and now that i havent sold anything in two days i'm discoraged!! But i shoud give it more time.

here's my site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=1139
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spangle
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005 08:52:34 PM »

Woohoo! I had my first sale on Etsy. It's not big, but it's a start :-)

And I think I finally finished listing all the stock I've had hanging about. Check it out! (you get to see a pic of one of my cute daughters).

http://spangle.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1229 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Fill In Eyebrows Using Pencil
How to Use a Crease Brush
Lip Colors That Make Teeth Look Whiter
How to Use Colored Eye Pencils
How to Use a Stippling Brush
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...