A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124736 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KairiGurl
« Reply #2280 on: August 17, 2008 04:08:24 PM »

re: KairiGurl

Pros...and constructive cons...
Your clothing is so cute...I only wish I had the right body to wear them.

The photos are nicely done - you could maybe use some more, especially of the clothing - having some pics off a body might be appreciated by those who don't like the idea of clothing being worn b4 buying (personally, not a problem for me...buying in a store - who knows what bodies they've been on!)
...and pics of the lining - especially the corset since you described it in text (sounded cute)

Filling out the profile is always a plus - gives the buyer a connection to you.

Were you going to make a banner? They really help the shop stand out. (FYI - PicNik website and GIMP or Photofiltre software, and of course photoshop, are pretty easy to use - there are even people on etsy that sell or PIF banners)

It's great that you sold stuff in your first month...keep it up!

Thanks! The banner is a work in progress. I was planning on filling out all the details once I get that made. Oh, and on the stuff that I had sold before, like underwear, I think I forgot to mention that the model was wearing underwear UNDER the underwear that was being sold, so there was no...contact. But thanks so much for your advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2281 on: August 18, 2008 09:39:29 AM »

CraftyChef pretty much said it all.

The banner was one of the first things that stood out..in a good way...I really like the photo, but agree - a bolder color or "glow" around the text would help it pop.

Being able to see products right off without having to scroll is a big plus.

happy selling
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2282 on: August 31, 2008 01:02:12 AM »

If anyone has some time, I'd love to get some feedback about my Etsy shop *pokes siggy*

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2283 on: August 31, 2008 05:17:21 AM »

The photos are a bit on the dull/dark side. A lighter background would do you some good there.

You need to use more tags. You get 14 tags - use them all! Sewing, sewn, felt, silk, pincushion, pin cushion, sewing supplies...everything you can think of, type them in! No one will find you otherwise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbie2oo4

Show me your website and I will come! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2284 on: August 31, 2008 05:25:17 PM »

I agree with CraftyChef, you're pictures aren't that great - in fact, having stuff in the background is distracting.

But, your pincushions are super cute! Smiley You also have pretty good descriptions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a business website? See pageBuzz.com - ultimate do it yourself solution for $9.99/mo- includes everything, even a shopping cart!

Advertise your crafts for FREE? Check out http://craftersbuzz.com
CraftyMcCrafterson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2285 on: August 31, 2008 06:12:49 PM »

Thank you guys so much for your opinions! I am going to re-shoot some of the pictures tomorrow. I am going to try making a white box to photograph in, I hope it helps.

I will update the tags too. I didn't realize I get so many Smiley *dur*

I liked writing the descriptions the best.

Thanks again guys! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeanae
Seamstress to the cows

Seamstress to the cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2286 on: August 31, 2008 07:55:28 PM »

Cute stuff!  Bright pictures are, of course, a plus (still working on that myself) but presentation is good.

My only advice - price the barrettes at $7-$10.  Five is what I pay for a plastic barrette made in a third world country.  Your barrettes are worth far more than that, even if they didn't take long to make.  Likewise I'd price the pincushion at $12-15.  Everything else looked right on the mark to me, though that's subjective.  I really like your stuff and best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My shop!: http://cherrylime.etsy.com

Sometimes seamstress for the Chick-fil-a billboard cows, full time grad student, sewing teacher, and dabbler in steampunk, ren faire, and cosplay garb.  Keepin' busy!
CraftyMcCrafterson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2287 on: August 31, 2008 08:18:40 PM »

Thanks, Jeanae. I never thought twice about my prices. I tried to think about what I would pay for something like that but that is always tough because when I see something I like, I just make it Smiley

Anyone else agree about the pricing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #2288 on: September 02, 2008 06:09:38 PM »

You might not need a light box if you have a pretty good window to photograph nearby.  Just find a neutral fabric or sheet to lay under your item.  Be sure to use the macro setting on your camera (the little flower setting) and set your white balance correctly.  If I'm doing my photos in natural light, my camera has a cloud setting and I use that one. 

Try to take several angles of your items and be sure to show viewers construction details like how things are stitched.

I charge only $6 for my barrettes.  They didn't sell when I priced them higher.  Price them as you like.  It isn't really worth it to me to have things priced high and then have them never sell.  I do not feel that I am devaluing my work.  As a parent, $6 is about what I would personally pay for a specialty barrette for my child so I price according to what I would actually pay.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neigung
« Reply #2289 on: September 02, 2008 07:40:04 PM »

If I'm doing my photos in natural light, my camera has a cloud setting and I use that one. 

I forgot about this tip.   It really does help to brighten up your photos.   Windows are good, but I prefer to take mine right outside on really sunny days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alenecouture.etsy.com - updated: 13/04/09
alenecouture.blogspot.com  - updated: 06/01/09
Find Me on Facebook !
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Graffiti Painting
How to Make Graffiti Characters
How to Make Graffiti Cartoons
How to Make Graffiti People
How to Make Graffiti on Paper
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...