A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124118 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 12, 2008 04:38:03 AM »

I like the first one better -- the colors, the font and the TILT text placement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2271 on: August 12, 2008 07:38:06 AM »

Hey all! 

I'm in this thread a lot but I mostly just skim.  I wanted to put together a list of the top things to look for when trying to improve your etsy.  So what are the things that you find yourself saying to people over and over again?  What are the common things that people can change to make their etsy's better?  I'm going to compile them and put them in the first post and I'll try to use them in any other FAQ type situation that comes up.  Thanks so much in advance!

Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninja_Poo
« Reply #2272 on: August 12, 2008 08:25:47 AM »

Hi everyone! I would like a critique of my Etsy shop, here is the link and my current banner:
www.PeachAssassin.e tsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allyinthevalley
« Reply #2273 on: August 12, 2008 08:32:58 AM »

So what are the things that you find yourself saying to people over and over again?  What are the common things that people can change to make their etsy's better?  I'm going to compile them and put them in the first post and I'll try to use them in any other FAQ type situation that comes up.  Thanks so much in advance!

Kiss

Use up all of your tags!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #2274 on: August 12, 2008 09:28:07 AM »

Hey all! 

I'm in this thread a lot but I mostly just skim.  I wanted to put together a list of the top things to look for when trying to improve your etsy.  So what are the things that you find yourself saying to people over and over again?  What are the common things that people can change to make their etsy's better?  I'm going to compile them and put them in the first post and I'll try to use them in any other FAQ type situation that comes up.  Thanks so much in advance!
I say the same things so many times that I sort of quit doing critiques  Wink 

All 14 tags! 

Make all 5 photos match with a minimum of blurriness and a similar level of color and brightness.  Try to photograph the back to show clasps or other details.  Macro photos are very important to include if you sell items made from fiber or things that are tactile.

Aggressive non-use of capital letters and punctuation irritates more buyers than you might think.  Wink

Include a profile that briefly tells about yourself and your crafty talents.  You can still stay sort of anonymous, but you have to seem open so that buyers will trust you.

Do your best to include international shipping rates.  International buyers have a great advantage over the weak US dollar!  Shipping internationally is pretty easy especially if you have light items.  You might need to go personally to the post office to drop off your things.  Undecided

Put some personality into your descriptions and make sure that it is clear that you actually made the item with your own very skilled hands.  Don't forget to include measurements.

Personally, I think that overlong shop announcements with all kinds of policies are off-putting, some of that information can go into the product descriptions.  I think it's best when people don't have to scroll down to see your shop offerings...

Put your etsy shop in your signature line at forums you enjoy like Craftster and then be a pleasant supporter of that community so people will see your signature in your posts.  This is sort of obvious, but many people come here for critiques and then seem to disappear and plenty of others don't add the link.

Don't get discouraged! Successful Etsy seller and Craftster, BeaG, always advises to keep making and listing things and trying new categories.  Plenty of very nicely made things in beautiful shops go unnoticed for awhile at Etsy.  Don't take it personally!  Smiley  Self promotion helps too!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008 09:25:14 AM by IamSusie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2275 on: August 12, 2008 12:00:13 PM »

Ninja-Poo...re: peachy keen goods

Your pictures were good...I like that you show every "side" .. having one macro of some detail could be a nice addition (I know that'd mean losing one view, but the others show so much it'd still work) oh..btw, noticed one pic had a loose thread showing <pink skirt> - minor I know, but just trying to be thorough.

Are you going to add more in profile? Wasn't sure if it was just still under construction...alwa ys nice to read something about the person you are buying from - especially such a large purchase.

And your descriptions...love 'em (especially how much derriere can fit in the skirt  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

« Reply #2276 on: August 13, 2008 05:31:48 AM »

www.quarterpast6.et sy.com

Quarter/6; arts, crafts, design & inspiration

I sell my design services and the time orientated crafts.

Any advice, comments or crit would be fantastic. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KairiGurl
« Reply #2277 on: August 17, 2008 10:03:49 AM »

Hi! I started my etsy site almost 2 months ago. I've had 4 sales, but I'd like to know what you guys think! Thanks!

www.KairiGurl.etsy. com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiltcreations

« Reply #2278 on: August 17, 2008 11:44:32 AM »

re: KairiGurl

Pros...and constructive cons...
Your clothing is so cute...I only wish I had the right body to wear them.

The photos are nicely done - you could maybe use some more, especially of the clothing - having some pics off a body might be appreciated by those who don't like the idea of clothing being worn b4 buying (personally, not a problem for me...buying in a store - who knows what bodies they've been on!)
...and pics of the lining - especially the corset since you described it in text (sounded cute)

Filling out the profile is always a plus - gives the buyer a connection to you.

Were you going to make a banner? They really help the shop stand out. (FYI - PicNik website and GIMP or Photofiltre software, and of course photoshop, are pretty easy to use - there are even people on etsy that sell or PIF banners)

It's great that you sold stuff in your first month...keep it up!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 11:46:05 AM by tiltcreations - Reason: I was braindead - forgot to say who the critique referred to » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiltcreations

« Reply #2279 on: August 17, 2008 11:57:12 AM »

Hey all! 

... list of the top things to look for when trying to improve your etsy.  So what are the things that you find yourself saying to people over and over again?  What are the common things that people can change to make their etsy's better?  Thanks so much in advance!

Kiss

1. Use a banner
2. Fill out profile (not enough people do this - it can be short & sweet...just don't leave it blank)
3. PHOTOS - use all 5, even if one or two is just a macro of another <as long as it is in focus>
4. Shop policy...at the very least, write some quick lines: yes/no on returns, time until ship, best way to contact with Qs (convo or e-mail)
5.Drop the cutesy typing lIkE tHiS, iT iS aNnOyInG!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 11:58:22 AM by tiltcreations - Reason: forgot a word » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Wore It Best? Kim Kardashian Vs Rihanna
Rihanna & Kanye West Rock The Urban Skirt: VIBE VIXEN Style Profile
How to Make Your Own Feathered Skirt
Katy Perry and Zoe Saldana Shine In Nudes At Trevor Project Red Carpet
Celeb Street Style: Halle Berry, Gwen Stefani and Victoria Beckham Stylish
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...