A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124601 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Supanerdstef
« Reply #2120 on: April 24, 2008 04:50:26 PM »

Could you guys check out my Etsy?
I just got it up and going. I would appreciate ANY advice yall might have Smiley
supanerdstef.etsy.com

Thanks!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie-
vira
« Reply #2121 on: May 01, 2008 03:27:01 PM »

Hi!
I opened up my very first Etsy store this week! Yay! I'm selling coptic bound notebooks and mini-organizer boxes. I researched my competition on Etsy and I think I'm reasonably priced...or maybe not? There are quite a few notebooks that are selling for over $20 and I have mine at $13....anyway, I'd appreciate it if any of you can take a quick look and let me know what you think about my prices and my actual merchandise!
I'll be putting more items soon, as I make them...I recently sold them at a craft fair and did pretty well...almost everyone that past by my table showed interest.
Also, do you think I should focus on the smaller size notebooks (4.5"x5.75") or the larger ones (5.5" x 8.5")...

LittleLucaDesigns.etsy.com

Thanks in advance for all your help!!
Vira
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaycrafts
« Reply #2122 on: May 02, 2008 04:33:50 PM »

They look really nice.  That's amazing that you made the accordion ones from scratch.  As for pricing...I'm as cheap as can be...so my opinion would not be valid.  I will say this...if you can sell them for those prices at a craft show, you can definitely sell them for the same on line. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kay at Craft Treasures
Shop: www.crafttreasures.com
Crafters pages: www.crafttreasuresnj.com
Fortunesfoe
« Reply #2123 on: May 03, 2008 08:06:40 AM »

Wow, I think your stuff is gorgeous and you're massively under-pricing yourself!  Your most expensive item is $15.00, so 7.50 (to translate into money I can understand!).  I'm not sure where you're from but I'm from the UK and over here we've got a store called Paperchase that sells pretty notepads and stationary bits.  You'd be lucky to get something *half* as gorgeous as what you're selling from Paperchase, and everything they sell is probably made in some hideously polluting manner in the third world by sweatshop labour.  Plus their stuff is at least twice as expensive as yours.

On the pricing front, are you paying yourself a wage?  I know if an item takes hours to make then it's not always practical to payyourself a decent wage since you end up with an item costing hundreds of pounds, but even 3 ($6) an hour is something towards your time.  I would happily pay $30 for those notepads, I think you need to add at least half what you're charging on again (so charge $22.50 for a $15 item) and even think about doubling in some cases.  Remember on etsy people are looking for hand-made things, so will be expecting to pay more for something beautiful and well made and totally unique.  Which is basically everything you're selling! Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2124 on: May 04, 2008 08:25:05 AM »

Unless you put those together in 1/2 hour apiece - and I'm thinking NOT - then you should double your prices. You can always sell for a discount at shows, if you must.

Your stuff looks pretty darn nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartalex

Makeshift Apparel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2125 on: May 05, 2008 09:49:51 AM »

Any feedback on my store would be appreciated!
http://www.makeshiftapparel.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2126 on: May 05, 2008 09:51:03 AM »

I just opened up my etsy. Any advice or criticisms? link is in my signature
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
angeltreats
« Reply #2127 on: May 05, 2008 09:54:58 AM »

Any feedback on my store would be appreciated!
http://www.makeshiftapparel.etsy.com

I really like your stuff!  The rhino is cool.  Your photos are good too.  The only thing I would say, and please don't take this the wrong way - for the photos of your bags, I wonder if it would be better to NOT have them hanging over a heavily tattooed arm?  The reason being that I found my eye being drawn to the tattoos and not the bags - they might be a bit distracting. 

(Please note I have nothing against tattoos whatsoever!  I like this sleeve, it's cool.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartalex

Makeshift Apparel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2128 on: May 05, 2008 10:11:44 AM »

Thank you angeltreats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinyhouse
« Reply #2129 on: May 06, 2008 01:10:00 PM »

I would love for someone to take a look at what I have online, and critique it.  (I always hated this in art school, but suck it up, right?!)

http://tinyhouse.etsy.com

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Highlight and Contour
How To Darken Your Foundation For Summer
Topshop Felt Tip Liner Review
6 Beauty Trends Under $20
Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Collection Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...