A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124046 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepishxlion
« Reply #1850 on: December 22, 2007 10:53:30 AM »

I think the things I have for sale are really nice, so why isn't anyone buying anything?  Huh Is it the prices, the photos, the descriptions...? I'd appreciate some feedback because I haven't made many sales and I want to do better. Thanks. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=89087

Some of your photos you are taking indoors with flash. Natural lighting no flash. Also, the horns you may want to have a pair to demonstrate how they look on but sell a different one. Many people will not buy items like hats, headbands, ect. that are shown worn for hygiene purposes. So just have a "model pair" and a comment about they will receive an unworn pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my shop: sheepishxlion.etsy. com
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1851 on: December 22, 2007 11:24:09 AM »

^Actually all of my pictures are taken in natural sunlight, but thanks for the advice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 22, 2007 11:34:21 AM »

I would have thought some of them were indoors with a flash as well (craft kit & the red leaves scarf).

I like your shop! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

« Reply #1853 on: December 22, 2007 12:09:14 PM »

Hmm, I'll have to work on that. Both of those were photographed right next to a big open window with plenty of light, but I guess I should try something else. Is there anything else about my shop that needs work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizbot

is it just me or is it getting awesome in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1854 on: December 23, 2007 02:54:07 PM »

thanks guys, I should take some new photos but my bf went and lost my camera! again! sheesh. I'll put free shipping in my shop announcement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViciousGossip
« Reply #1855 on: December 23, 2007 07:47:33 PM »

Hi everyone  Smiley
My shop is fairly new, I had a few different things on there before but nothing was selling very well, so I changed everything up.
Take a look and tell me what you think!

I've also been curious if I should make a lot of stuff and put it up (clothing, accessories, etc), or wait to see if anything sells before I make any more items...I think the good thing would be more selection for potential customers, perhaps sales, but the bad is making a bunch of stuff and still no buyers. Then I'm stuck with it! What are your thoughts? Hope I made sense. Thanks in advance!  Smiley

www.viciousgossip.e tsy.com
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007 07:48:54 PM by ViciousGossip » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1856 on: December 23, 2007 10:58:33 PM »

Hmm, I'll have to work on that. Both of those were photographed right next to a big open window with plenty of light, but I guess I should try something else. Is there anything else about my shop that needs work?

it could be the black backgrounds, maybe try something lighter.  i like using open books or "not too busy" fabrics as backgrounds.  i really like the craft kit idea!

I've also been curious if I should make a lot of stuff and put it up (clothing, accessories, etc), or wait to see if anything sells before I make any more items...I think the good thing would be more selection for potential customers, perhaps sales, but the bad is making a bunch of stuff and still no buyers. Then I'm stuck with it! What are your thoughts? Hope I made sense. Thanks in advance!  Smiley

www.viciousgossip.e tsy.com

your stuff is cute!  every time you list on etsy you a) scroll at the bottom of the main page under 'newly listed items' and b) since search functions sort by most recenlty listed items, you're going to appear in the first few pages of those for a bit.  for those reasons, you should try to list fairly consistently.  by waiting to list new items you'd be making it harder for buyers to find you!  And when buyers are drawn into your shop, they could very well end up buying one of your older items rather than whatever newer item you've recently listed. 

thats my theory, anyhow . . . hope its helpful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViciousGossip
« Reply #1857 on: December 24, 2007 03:22:25 PM »

Thank you! That does help!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #1858 on: December 29, 2007 11:10:42 AM »

I'm trying to work on getting a better overall look and my pictures. Any suggestions. I am not too busy sales wise, so now is a great time to revamp and improve my shop. I'd love any suggestions. I need a bit of help.

www.colorada.etsy.c om
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thriftjunkie

if patience started a band, i'd be her biggest fan

« Reply #1859 on: December 29, 2007 04:03:41 PM »

Hey all!

On the advice of my fellow Craftsters, I decided to start selling custom portraits. I set up my Etsy site yesterday: http://www.dworkine.etsy.com.
A few general questions- What do you think overall? Anything you would change?

My most pressing concern is that Etsy is not the right market to sell portraits. There are a good handful of other portrait artists on Etsy, and maybe 2-3 talented ones. They sell their work, which is bigger than mine, for less than I do. However, I consulted with three separate professional artists, who suggested that I sell my art for significantly more than I posted it for. I want customers, but portraits are a huge time commitment, and I need to make money off of them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Turkey
How to Make Turkey Gravy
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes
How to Make Turkey Stuffing
How to Make Cranberry Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...