A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 123095 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

etsybetsy
« Reply #1840 on: December 19, 2007 04:44:08 AM »

Very nice. I love the holiday baby burps. I never found cute stuff like that when my daughter was a baby.

Thank you for the nice feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #1841 on: December 19, 2007 06:05:52 AM »

Your things are great!  The prices are reasonable and your lighting is good.  the bangles are cool and the hats show off nicely.

I'd like a critique of my shop.
http://thegreencottage.etsy.com

Thanks!
Chole

I like the way you used your cutie pies in your photos. Your lighting looks good to me. Your items are cute!

That silk baby blanket!  Wow!  Maybe you could have another photo session with that one and try to figure a way to have it look photograph more like silk  Undecided  The gorgeousness of that fabric doesn't show up in your photo.  I thought it was flannel until I looked more closely at the description.  Maybe you could call it a "Silk baby blanket"  Then in your description tell about the flannel backing and emphasize how luxurious this is and how your babies preferred this blanket.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 06:06:29 AM by IamSusie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1842 on: December 19, 2007 07:26:05 AM »

So, I just wanted to express my excitement about having two whole items up on my etsy!! I also made a banner and an avatar tonight. While, i'm not exactly thrilled with the things that are up, the views certainly go faster than ebay. any ideas/criticisms for it? thanks!!

I really like your designs! My daughter would love the starfish necklace! I do have a couple of ideas to share with you (and invite you to share ideas with me when I get as far along as you!  Cheesy)

1. I really like the multiple shots. To see the necklace in different configurations sparks interest and imagination...like getting to know a new acquaintance!
2. The banner seems a bit blurry. Is it a function of the photo size when you uploaded it? Or maybe you meant it to be/my eyes are wonky?
3. My jewelry-mad child is allergic to many metals. It might be nice to explain the composition of metals, since I believe this is common.
4. Why not have a friend spell-check for you (or type in Word/whatever, let it check for you and then cut/paste into your etsy page if that's possible)? Someone else here has pointed out that it is distracting to have misspellings, but it's very easy to fix. It shows a level of attention to detail that is attractive to buyers, I think.

Good luck with your new venture! Congrats on getting it done!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 07:30:42 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1843 on: December 19, 2007 07:50:22 AM »

I'm a new seller and would really appreciate critique on my shop http://turkishvann.etsy.com
I'm selling pressed flower-fairy cards:

WOW! Your things are beautiful! I've seen lots of pressed flower items that require basically no skill or talent to put together, and they leave me unimpressed because frankly, I could do that.
Your work, however, goes beyond what most people could do. The delicacy of your artwork suits the fragile nature of the dried flowers! Hooray for you!

Okay, enough gushing. I really like the work, and the shop...

We've established I like your work...I'd like to see it just a wee bit better. Have you seen some of the directions around here for a build-yer-own lightbox for your photos? (Link to a DIY guide.) I think that a little better photos would do your work justice!

You might mention that giving this card is actually potentially TWO gifts, since they're really frameable pieces of artwork. That's what I would do with it, anyway.

Could you do custom work? I could see asking you to generally model one of your fairies after someone! Just an idea...I can't draw to save my soul, so I don't know how hard this would be.

I'd like to know a little about you in your profile page. It would add depth to the characters you create, and I think that people who make a point to buy handmade kind of like having a story to tell about their handmade items...sort of like having a personal "in" with an artist, or something. You wouldn't have to tell too much personal stuff, just interesting things about your craft. Hmmm...maybe other information you might add to help add the story...Where do your flowers come from? Do you have a press or do you use a favorite book? (I have a few hundred 4-leaf clovers pressed in books...opening any book I own is an adventure!) How did your art come to be--an obsession with drawing or with preserving blossoms and leaves? You might even include your favorite flower...that sort of thing!

Lovely work...
Best wishes!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 08:05:55 AM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
TurkishVAnn

festinabatur ad domum

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 19, 2007 12:43:36 PM »

I'm a new seller and would really appreciate critique on my shop http://turkishvann.etsy.com
I'm selling pressed flower-fairy cards:

WOW! Your things are beautiful! I've seen lots of pressed flower items that require basically no skill or talent to put together, and they leave me unimpressed because frankly, I could do that.
Your work, however, goes beyond what most people could do. The delicacy of your artwork suits the fragile nature of the dried flowers! Hooray for you!

Okay, enough gushing. I really like the work, and the shop...

We've established I like your work...I'd like to see it just a wee bit better. Have you seen some of the directions around here for a build-yer-own lightbox for your photos? (Link to a DIY guide.) I think that a little better photos would do your work justice!

You might mention that giving this card is actually potentially TWO gifts, since they're really frameable pieces of artwork. That's what I would do with it, anyway.

Could you do custom work? I could see asking you to generally model one of your fairies after someone! Just an idea...I can't draw to save my soul, so I don't know how hard this would be.

I'd like to know a little about you in your profile page. It would add depth to the characters you create, and I think that people who make a point to buy handmade kind of like having a story to tell about their handmade items...sort of like having a personal "in" with an artist, or something. You wouldn't have to tell too much personal stuff, just interesting things about your craft. Hmmm...maybe other information you might add to help add the story...Where do your flowers come from? Do you have a press or do you use a favorite book? (I have a few hundred 4-leaf clovers pressed in books...opening any book I own is an adventure!) How did your art come to be--an obsession with drawing or with preserving blossoms and leaves? You might even include your favorite flower...that sort of thing!

Lovely work...
Best wishes!

Graced - Thanks so much for the compliments and advice!! As soon as I get some more double A batteries I'm taking new pictures.  I didn't even think about how people might want to look at my personal profile, but it makes perfect sense.  I thought that people wouldn't really care about my bio, but you're right: it definitely adds to the hand-crafted charm.  And I added a sentence or two in my shop description about how the cards serve a double function as well as how I could do custom work to fit the receivers personality. Great advice, I really appreciate it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
choleblack
« Reply #1845 on: December 19, 2007 05:50:42 PM »

That silk baby blanket!  Wow!  Maybe you could have another photo session with that one and try to figure a way to have it look photograph more like silk  Undecided  The gorgeousness of that fabric doesn't show up in your photo.  I thought it was flannel until I looked more closely at the description.  Maybe you could call it a "Silk baby blanket"  Then in your description tell about the flannel backing and emphasize how luxurious this is and how your babies preferred this blanket.
 Smiley

Good idea. That blanket is really pretty in person. My DD has been sleeping with hers for 7 years & still *loves* it. Plus it's still big enough for her to snuggle under, which is hard to find in a "baby" blanket. I'll try getting some new photos, maybe move it around more to catch the light on it better.

Any other critiques. I really want to do well with Etsy.

Chole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oohmybees
« Reply #1846 on: December 21, 2007 09:29:35 PM »

First, I have been reading some of the older posts in this thread and I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone, I have learned a lot!
I have just started stocking my store and would love a critique:

www.crafterella.ets y.com

Specifically pricing, I think I've seen a million formulas for pricing and I'm struggling, I don't want to underprice my time, but I don't want to go over the top either.  I have searched for similar items and am just not finding anything that is comparable enough to what I'm making.
Thanks Grin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007 09:39:12 PM by oohmybees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1847 on: December 21, 2007 11:06:27 PM »

oohmybees- I love the mix of things in your shop! I think the photos make the colors stand out as well. I particularly love this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8528386

I think you are on your way to success! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oohmybees
« Reply #1848 on: December 22, 2007 08:04:13 AM »

Thanks, I worked hard on perfecting my sparklicious bags(I have a stack or rejects to prove it).
I also wanted to let everyone know that I bought a lightbox kit at my local walmart.  It came with a collaspable light box, 2 lights and a little tripod for my camera it folds flat and has pockets for everything and it was only $50.00.  I did purchase a third clip light.  Using it really improved the quality of my photos.  I was planning on making my own, but I could not find a cheap tripod locally and when I saw the kit I knew it would just make my life easier! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1849 on: December 22, 2007 09:31:48 AM »

I think the things I have for sale are really nice, so why isn't anyone buying anything?  Huh Is it the prices, the photos, the descriptions...? I'd appreciate some feedback because I haven't made many sales and I want to do better. Thanks. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=89087
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Zooey Deschanel 60s Updo Tutorial
How to Do a Chic Curly Updo
How to Style a Festive Bow Hairdo
How to Do a Vintage Beehive Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...