A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 130685 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaymadben
« Reply #1700 on: October 02, 2007 10:36:46 PM »

I am looking for some nice criticism please. And don't go buying all my dresses before everyone has a looky  Grin I know maybe my descriptions could be a bit less brief but I have a 1 yr old, 2 yr old, and 3 yr old running around most times so I'm listing whilst changing a diaper, rewinding barney, filling up sippies and stepping on mega blocks to get back to the laptop. I did have the dresses at 15 dollars and no one bought them. Someone messaged me and said I should up the prices, maybe low prices were a deterrant so I did and still no one is buying them. What am I doing wrong? Am I the only one that thinks they are cute? You know there are people out there like that....they have this thing they've made that they think is just the cutest thing in the world....for a hundred bucks.  Shocked So some nice critiquing would be appreciated. Thanks to all you wonderful inspiring craftsters!

Jennifer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1701 on: October 03, 2007 07:48:17 AM »

kaymadben - First of all, I added you to my favorites!

I think your prices pretty good, maybe still a little low in the $25 ones. I think they're gorgeous dresses. Believe me, if I had money and a little girl, you'd have a sale. My suggestion is to use all 14 spaces in your "tags" area, and list the materials too. I love your pictures. You should get a banner and avatar. Definitely fill in your Bio and stuff in the profile. People like to know who they're buying from. Look through etsy in your spare time (I know, what's that?) and add sellers and items to your favorites list. People find shops through the connections of favorites and stuff.

How much are you promoting outside of etsy and craftster? I just got a bunch of free stuff from VistaPrint (I had to pay shipping) including 250 cute business cards, a sticky note pad, and a self-inking rubber stamp. I'm really impressed with their stuff. Definitely take your kids around town in these, they speak for themselves. When people ask where you got those amazing dresses, say you made them yourself and whip out a business card!

Hope that helps, I'm pretty new too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms.cate
« Reply #1702 on: October 04, 2007 04:47:34 PM »

I'd value any feedback...are the prices too high?
thanks
Cate

polkadotrabbitdotcom.etsy.com
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007 04:48:37 PM by ms.cate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooo
« Reply #1703 on: October 04, 2007 06:15:29 PM »

I think the prices are fine ...
well, in my opinion anyway,

have you advertised your shop?
(and I love your retro buttons!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeadSpinner
« Reply #1704 on: October 05, 2007 09:28:01 AM »

Your stuff is cute and your prcies are quite reasonable. 
Be patient as it takes time to be found on search engines. 
Also, we are sort of in between seasons and holidays. 
Seems that lots of folks are focused on Halloween items right now. 
Not quite Holiday shopping time...
Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Petunia0384
« Reply #1705 on: October 05, 2007 09:45:32 AM »

kaymadben - I LOVE your designs!  Those are the cutest little girl dresses I have ever seen!  I love your pattern and the prints...  They're just adorable.  If I had a little girl (and as much as I love kids, I hope I don't for about another 5 years), I would DEFINITELY buy one for her.

I'm not an Etsy seller, just a shopper...  But I agree with the previous poster about filling in your bio.  It's nice to know a little bit about who I'm buying from. Smiley  Also, you might want to tell what kind of fabric the dresses are made of, whether it's machine washable, etc.  I know you put some of that in the description at the top, but try putting it in the item description, too.  I didn't see it in the top description at first.

Also, I think you may just be in the wrong season with them.  They're beautiful, summery dresses, but fall is upon us and winter will be coming soon.  Do you have any designs for those seasons? Smiley

Definitely add some favorites.  Maybe consider purchasing some items if there are things you've had your eye on, so you have some feedback, even if it is buyer feedback. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
arrhythmia
« Reply #1706 on: October 05, 2007 10:21:51 AM »

kaymadben - I like the shop. The overall look is good and the dresses are very cute. I have a shop that hasn't sold stuff, so I'm not the kind that can give reasons/suggestions for that, but you have a good product. I think the prices are fine, for a begiinning shop. I think you may be able to go higher after you have a few more sales.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Star217
« Reply #1707 on: October 05, 2007 02:18:43 PM »

I've made a few changes to the shop and I'm thinking I like it a bit better now. Please let me know what you think. I sell mostly handspun/handpainted yarn and fiber for spinning.
www.stickyfingers.etsy.com
Constructive criticism is appreciated as are fawning compliments  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
SuperLupus
« Reply #1708 on: October 05, 2007 03:48:56 PM »

I agree with the above.

Really shamelessly promote your store. Hand out business cards everywhere to everyone. Advertising is key! And word of mouth actually works quite well. Make a sandwich board for your dog to sport when you walk him... I kid. but really it's all about the more contacts you make the more they'll buy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #1709 on: October 05, 2007 10:24:21 PM »

I like your fibers a lot star, and I only have three suggestions, which are all really picky.

It would be nice if the writing on your banner was a higher resolution - it's a bit pixel-y now, rather than smooth. Also, your batts seems a bit small to me in terms of getting a good usable amount of yarn spun up. Having the option of larger quantities would be great (I do see 3 oz of roving, so maybe you usually do have larger batts too.) Last one could be adding some consistancy of in your first picture of each listing. Like have all the batts positioned the same way, and on similar backgrounds. That's super picky though and I couldn't see it affecting your sales.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Styling Tips To Look Chic In Heels And Shorts
How to Revamp Your Old Clothes with Lace
3 New Ways to Wear a Vest
4 Wedding Guest Dresses You Can Wear Again
How to Wear Neon Colors
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...