A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 126587 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

projectwonderland
« Reply #1320 on: June 03, 2007 08:03:09 PM »

Hello! I just recently reopened my etsy shop. I am pretty happy with photography. It is something I have continued to work on and improve. Now Im wondering if I have overlooked other element. Particularly do my descriptions leave something to be desired? If so what? Am I missing something in my tags? Is my profile professional enough while still being personable? And most importantly (to me at least) what do you think of my products. Obviously I like them, but that is pretty much all Im going on. I am having trouble defining my target market. I describe my work at bright, colorful and fun. I know Im asking a lot, but any help with my many questions is much appreciated.

Bethy www.projectwonderland.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 03, 2007 08:07:08 PM »

Your etsy is great! Your banner leaves something to be desired. It isn't anything really special, unlike your awesome items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
projectwonderland
« Reply #1322 on: June 03, 2007 08:12:04 PM »

Oh thanks! I didn't even think of my banner...but now that you mention it, it really doesn't reflect my shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1323 on: June 03, 2007 08:15:56 PM »

Vannilalotus,

Your shop looks good.  I think to make your stitch markers stand out from others, you might create a neat cardstock with holes and your logo on which to sell them, such as the ones seen on a rack in a jewelry store.  Also, you'll want to branch out into the fashionable and trendy beads that are hot sellers.   Keep selling the ones you have now, just have more of a variety of styles from which to choose. (I.E., word beads, lampwork beads created by artists, pewter or silver theme charms, etc.)

If they are on the nicely-made cardstock holders, people will be more apt to buy them as gifts for their yarning friends!

Humbly yours,
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: June 03, 2007 09:46:44 PM »

Hey,

i love the pictures and the colours you have used in your jewelry is vibrant and appealing.

My comment would be pretty much the same. You banner is of much lower resolution and appears especially rough compared to your awesome product photos.

Your descriptions are indepth too so plety of info there. Might want to start with a snap shot of the info. Sometime's i'm too lazy to read if i see a paragraph of writing, simply because that's pretty much what i do all day...

apart from that, everything looks awesome.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007 10:57:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Removed critique request » THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1325 on: June 04, 2007 08:14:18 AM »

I would love a critique also. I opened my shop last week, no sales yet. Tell me what you think. Anything I could fix?

I think you got some great advice so I won't say anything there.  But I did want to mention that your banner is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillalotus
« Reply #1326 on: June 04, 2007 01:10:32 PM »

Thank you everyone for the advice and comments. I'll be sure to put it to good use so my shop will be better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1327 on: June 04, 2007 05:13:40 PM »

I've got to say that my entire shop needs some love.  I get views and hearts but it hasn't been translating into sales yet.  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!  I personally love all my stuff, but I wouldn't make any money if I kept it all...   Cheesy

http://organicstills.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1328 on: June 05, 2007 07:50:26 AM »

Okay everyone - I have several new banners to choose from, would you mind giving me your feedback? Smiley

Banner 1

Banner 2

Banner 3

Thoughts?  Banner 2 nearly exactly matches my business cards, without the contact info, etc.  But, they all appeal to me, so I'm trying to decide which looks better to others! Cheesy

Thanks again for this thread, it's very valuable to us Etsyians!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1329 on: June 05, 2007 08:07:18 AM »

I like the third one. It's informative but the squares add a subtle attractive detail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cajun Sausage Sautee
How to Make BBQ Lamb Kebabs and Thai Pesto
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
How to Make Chili Cinnamon Salmon with Mango Salsa Part 1/2
How to Make Parmesan Tuiles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...