A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124379 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

foolily
« Reply #1310 on: May 30, 2007 10:01:59 PM »

Oh la la~  That's an awesome idea!  Thanks RM and WIPs you guys really talked it out while I was away!  Grin Grin Grin

and YAY for contributing opinions!  What would the rest of us do without them???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 30, 2007 10:03:11 PM »

and YAY for contributing opinions!  What would the rest of us do without them???

I know what you mean. I don't even have an etsy, but I can still give critiques, right? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1312 on: May 30, 2007 10:13:31 PM »

Oh la la~  That's an awesome idea!  Thanks RM and WIPs you guys really talked it out while I was away!  Grin Grin Grin

Thanks, Foo.  The good thing about getting advice from me is...you can take it or leave it.  If you leave it, doesn't hurt my feelings!  (I'm stepmom to a pre-teen...I have a feeling that in a year or two my advice will soon be 'left' here at home!)  Hee-hee!

See ya around the boards!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1313 on: May 30, 2007 11:09:50 PM »

Hey everyone Smiley I've been lurking for a while, and haven't done much in the way of making new stock for my shop. 
However, I did post a grand one item this evening - would you mind checking it out, and critiquing my shop, pricing, etc for me?  I've wanted to do this, but haven't had any product!!

Please - as expected on this board, I would LOVE honest opinions, they don't hurt, they help Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1314 on: May 30, 2007 11:21:51 PM »

Hey everyone Smiley I've been lurking for a while, and haven't done much in the way of making new stock for my shop. 
However, I did post a grand one item this evening - would you mind checking it out, and critiquing my shop, pricing, etc for me?  I've wanted to do this, but haven't had any product!!

Please - as expected on this board, I would LOVE honest opinions, they don't hurt, they help Cheesy

Looks good so far!  The white lettering on your banner is hard to read with the busy background.  Not that you should change the background...just maybe the font color.

Good price/description/photos of the product.  I would like a little embellishment on the 'bean bag' myself!  Ha.  Maybe something as simple as an embroidered bean on the front in the right bottom corner!  The lining is fabulous...the outside is a little bland.

Of course...keep working to fill up the shop!

Good luck!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1315 on: May 31, 2007 08:29:55 AM »

Thanks RM!  I've asked graphics whiz Hubby to make me a new banner - I don't particularly like the one I made, and I agree about the white font.  No other color I tried was any easier to read! Sad  but...a new one is coming soon!

Thanks for the tips on embellishing, I'm just starting to experiment with that, and so I'll be practising more before selling my efforts in that department (they're very amatuer looking right now!  Roll Eyes) Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1316 on: May 31, 2007 08:52:23 AM »

Thanks RM!  I've asked graphics whiz Hubby to make me a new banner - I don't particularly like the one I made, and I agree about the white font.  No other color I tried was any easier to read! Sad  but...a new one is coming soon!

Thanks for the tips on embellishing, I'm just starting to experiment with that, and so I'll be practising more before selling my efforts in that department (they're very amatuer looking right now!  Roll Eyes) Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion! Smiley

You're welcome!  Hey....I just had a thought.  Have you tried looking for bean-shaped buttons?  I'll bet you could find some!  Maybe even in the scrapbooking section of a hobby store if you can't find them in the sewing section!  That would be easy-peasy to attach! 

Or if you or someone else crochets you could make up some little flat crocheted beans out of the small diameter crochet cotton thread like you use for crocheted lace, that would be cool!  Maybe a needle felted bean?  Just thinking of alternatives! 

You know, your tag is nice.  Maybe put it on the front center of the bag instead of the inside!  Or even a cluster of regular round buttons in the corner would make it more interesting.

Later!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 31, 2007 03:18:32 PM »

RM already gave you great advice. I have to agree about the banner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillalotus
« Reply #1318 on: June 03, 2007 06:10:30 PM »

I would love a critique also. I opened my shop last week, no sales yet. Tell me what you think. Anything I could fix?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 03, 2007 07:27:39 PM »

I would love a critique also. I opened my shop last week, no sales yet. Tell me what you think. Anything I could fix?

Lovely stitch markers! But you have a lot of competition out there. Lots of people are making stitch markers too!

I don't understand this part:

The shipping prices to Canada and Everywhere Else may be off. Once I get a sale from someone I'll update the prices if they were off.

Why can't you find out what the shipping prices are now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Donald Trump Talks About Think Like a Champion
Perils of Pursuing a Prince Book Trailer
The Book of Spam Book Trailer Part 2
Jerry Falwell Book Trailer
Sometimes Moms Can Be So Embarrassing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...