A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 173864 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vw69
« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2006 02:55:20 PM »

Hmmm...keychains...that's not a bad idea. The ones I have made are thin and would not work well, but I have thicker pieces of wood that would be perfect.

Ok, keep your eyes open for some keychains. Thank you for your comments.

Karen

P.S. The measurements should have been in the description...I'll recheck them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FineGirl
« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2006 04:39:32 PM »

I really like your work. I marked you as a fav for future shopping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2006 09:25:54 PM »

Maybe the measurements were there, I honestly was distracted by my kids, it was just before supper and they were hungry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellenade
« Reply #933 on: November 11, 2006 04:51:19 PM »

That's really kind of you, thanks!

I was just getting really excited about the shop when they went and closed it down! ARGH!

Etsy is very tricky - it makes you think you can sell things, and then makes you spend hours looking at other people's things and writing lists of things you want for christmas to leave lying around (in the hope your boyfriend will find them)....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FineGirl
« Reply #934 on: November 11, 2006 05:44:58 PM »

LOL! Yeah - I do the same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellenade
« Reply #935 on: November 11, 2006 08:23:00 PM »

haha! I am glad that I'm not alone =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margeetaik
« Reply #936 on: November 15, 2006 09:06:28 PM »

So, I finally opened up an etsy shop to sell some artwork. Thought I'd see what y'all think.
http://margeeta.etsy.com
I think for now I'm going to stick with artwork. When I have more time I'm planning on trying to sell more stationary type things along with my artwork.
I'm open for any opinions. Thanks for looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 16, 2006 03:34:09 AM »

very cool, nice art. Wanna check out mine? just opened
http://flamingmice.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 17, 2006 06:26:32 AM »

CogansCreations, I'm sorry you haven't had the success with your Etsy shop like you would have hoped to.  The items that you have for sell are pretty, but do seem to be targeted more toward the mature buyer and not who I would assume are the majority of buyers on Etsy.  Most of the sellers on Etsy are young, so their goods are geared more toward a younger set.  But, that doesn't mean your Etsy shop is doomed. 

You have alot of really nice things, but they are all over the place in terms of type of craft.  If you're looking for sales within the Etsy community (i.e., other shop owners, buyers using the search function, etc.) you may want to either A) go with a more youthful feel or B) narrow down your selections a bit.  The other angle you could use would be to promote your Etsy shop outside the internet.  You can have the local Staples print business cards at a very reasonable price.  Do you have local specialty shops that specialize in Victorian/Traditional decor and gifts?  Talk to the manager or owner and ask if you can display your business card on their counter.  Alot of nail and hair salons also allow their patrons to leave a small stack of cards on their counter.  All you need is your name and Etsy shop URL and maybe a brief little catch phrase about what your shop carries. 

There is definitely a market for your goods, you just need to tap into that market and promote the heck out of your stuff instead of hoping that the browsers on Etsy will be drawn to your shop.   Anyway, I hope I didn't say anything to insult you.  I wish you all the best with your endeavor.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
diosaperdida
« Reply #939 on: November 17, 2006 06:50:45 AM »

My honest opinion..

first, ALOT of your viewers are crafters.
You have alot of things that I know that I could make myself.
I think crafters tend to buy from other crafters when they can't make the item themselves...or dont want to.
The doily is a great example. I would love to have a doily...but I dont want to take the time to make it.

I would , if I were you, focus on more complex, thread crochet of household things...heirloom type stuff. Bedspreads, doilies, table cloths. If you do the little bags and stocking stuffers, make them very fancy...and again, I suggest thread for you because you work with it very nicly. Use fancier stitches, and more advanced techniques, either way.
It'll take longer...you wont have so much inventory...but I think you will do better in the end.
One other thing...change your wording from just merely the idea of "let me know" for custom items and emphasize that you take commissions.
Make it all very special and fancy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...