A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124477 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

untoherselfalone
« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2006 04:49:59 AM »

i really like your two items so far! The thing I noticed was that the picture quality is sorta grainy. That may turn me off to your products if I was browsing your site. Good luck! I like the bussiness card idea a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2006 10:04:51 AM »

Heck, why not just sell the paper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2006 04:13:18 PM »

Thanks for looking! I know the photos are not top quality.  My little one took my camera out into the sandbox, it was an HP 5 megapixel.  It was pretty good.  Now I am down to my Kodak Easy Share 2 megapixel.  I am hoping my husband will buy me a new camera for christmas.  Until then it will have to do.  I can't get professional photo's done, at least not until things really start happening!

And as for just selling the paper, I am thinking about it, I am thinking maybe 5 pieces for $3?  The pieces are around 5 x 8 inches.   Would that be a good price?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosariared
« Reply #923 on: November 09, 2006 09:08:53 PM »

Hi Coganscreation, you are obviously very talented. The quality of your work is obvious, but I have noticed that your crafts have an old world charm about them which may not appeal to everyone. Unfortunately, as a craftsperson who has sold items at Craft markets, I have learned that there are three things that help sell crafts. One type of craft that sells is the trendy kind that fits in with the latest indoor or outdoor decor trends. these tend to be very unnusual and modern The second kind is craft that is considered art and will eventually be treasured as an heirloom. eg Quilts, painted art objects.  The third is consumable and gift crafts ie homemade soaps, cosmetics or crafts that make good gifts. Your lovely crafts are aimed at a very small specific market. eg. While I love miniatures, myself ( I have heaps of books on miniatures and I love them) there are a limited number of people who will spend money on them. Why not attend a craft fair and observe which booths seem to do good business and why. Listen to peoples reasons and uses for their purchases. Finally try to vary the types of crafts you offer. Try some modern stuff as well as the classical stuff. I hope my comments have helped and good luck. I sure can appreciate the quality and committment needed to produce your crafts. yours rosariared
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosariared
« Reply #924 on: November 09, 2006 09:27:32 PM »

I love handmade paper so I'm with you there. You definitely need to expand your collection. Have you considered appealling to the "greenies" with an emphasis on recycling. You might want to try appealling to shoppers by customizing your paper or cards. ie Valentines day cards, christmas, birthdays etc. It would have to be in keeping with the home made feel. you could also offer to personalise your paper on order with initials or letterheads. This would be a great gift idea. Why not try to create  inexpensive bookmarks. Apart from offering variety, price is another issue. I'm Just not sure what price people will pay for hand made paper but I find if it's special enough people will pay the price. Hope this helps and good luck.
rosariared 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellenade
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2006 05:39:30 AM »

Wow, those are really cute!

I've never seen anything like them =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellenade
« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2006 05:41:46 AM »

Hi all!

Just opened my shop - what do you think?

I hope I'm not being over ambitious with my pricing? And I wonder how much demand there is for caps? Basically I never consider these things until they're all sewn - I just make things that I like and hope for the best!

Aaaanyway...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007 10:39:57 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2006 10:26:35 AM »

I would use one as a keychain, or if you made bigger ones as pictures to hang on walls.  I don't really wear jewellery though.  The prices seem pretty good and I like your photos. 

One thing I looked for was measurements???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2006 10:29:46 AM »

Thanks!  I am hoping this weekend to get more photo's up and to make more stuff.  we will see how it goes! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FineGirl
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2006 11:47:43 AM »

I think your caps look great. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Nail Expert Sophy Robson
Get a Saturday Night Disco Look with Binky Felstead
Beauty Secrets Revealed: Coconut Oil
How to Wear Makeup on Date Night
Get Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen’s Smoky, Bronze Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...