A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 123074 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pawnshoppromises
« Reply #680 on: August 08, 2006 02:41:45 PM »

Thanks so much everyone! I will definately take your suggestions to heart. I have done a fair share of promoting myself on other forums and I have handed out some business cards locally (even put some on my local library's desk...my little sister volunteers there) so, hopefully, it's just a matter of time. Smiley

As for a blog, I currently have one, but where it is I don't get much exposer...I've been looking to get another one where more people are likely to see it, but I'm not sure of where to get one...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
sugarinthemorning

I love to knit, sew, and embroider!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: August 08, 2006 04:56:30 PM »

Since you have a blog, join the etsy blog ring! You can find the link to join on my blog.

Its given me a lot of exposure.

Participate in etsy forums and the chat rooms. Advertise with your family and friends. Make a ton of stuff and have a 'tupperware' party (but obviously for your items). Send an email with your link to everybody that you know.

Summer is the slowest period for shopping! Seriously, participate in forums. That is how the admin see you, and then hopefully you'll be picked to be on the front page!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: August 08, 2006 09:41:53 PM »

http://leesespieces.etsy.com

that's my etsy, i started it only about a month ago, 5 of the handbags have been on there that long, i had an inquery about ONE, and the person said they would get back to me, but didn't. what am i doing wrong, why isn't my stuff selling? what can i do/what other products should i try/etc?Huh =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 09, 2006 03:45:37 AM »

Your stuff is cute! Maybe add more info to the zipped pouch listings; what the lining fabric is and/or extra pics? I'm sure sales will pick up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strgazr
« Reply #684 on: August 09, 2006 08:29:50 AM »

I would add some more pictures.  I would like to see what the lining looks like and see it from some other angles.  Take advantage of all 4 picture slots that you are given. And to be very honest with you I would try and make your pictures look a little more professional.  Set up a clean white background to take your pictures against.  Seeing the purses next to your sewing machine just makes them seem unfinished but maybe that's just me...

Your stuff is cute and I hope that you start selling!

p.s. also add a profile.  It helps to make you a 'real' person  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sivi
« Reply #685 on: August 09, 2006 08:39:48 AM »

This same question was asked on the craftster esty forum and Violet 218 gave some great tips.  Take a look, maybe it will be of help to you.  I printed it out to keep as a list of things to do to promote my own shop also. 

Link:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112726.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xveganettex
« Reply #686 on: August 09, 2006 07:18:54 PM »

aw i love the blackand white polka dotted hobo bag its adorable...ide totally buy it if i had money!...maybe try doing some more advertising....?..post links to it anywhere you can think of?...you could even put an add in the pennysaver about your etsy site ? goodluck!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettynpink
« Reply #687 on: August 11, 2006 02:43:43 PM »

Prices, info and pictures look good. I would really work on having photos come out clearer. People want to see the detail and craftsmanship in anything they buy even if it's for only a $3.00 item. Photos of the coin purses opened and inside would be great,

I was reading the other night about photos of items we sell. A lot of folks seem to want items that are not worn. Try retaking photos of the items not being modeled. Or you can make 2 of the item you have listed and specify that the item being modeled is just a sample and won't be the exact item listed.

Also retake photos of your non-wearables in a different setting. Some folks may not like their item laying in the grass or on a tree branch. It could be due to allergies or a question of cleanliness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally updated my profile info!
calista
« Reply #688 on: August 18, 2006 08:41:31 PM »

I opened my Etsy shop today. Even though there is only one item for now, I'm going to upload more of my handmade goods, mostly clothing and accessories. Please stop by and please leave your opinion!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006 08:43:46 PM by calista » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyGirlBling
I love my Coastie and my Coastie loves me....... and my crafting addiction!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: August 19, 2006 07:49:22 PM »

I would also suggest to add more pictures. I've been doing etsy for about 6 months now and nothing has sold. I'm sure it will pick up eventually but it can be frustrating. Hang in there! Keep adding stuff as you get it made and try to not stress about it.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love swapping! PM me if your interested. I make custom jewelry and awesomer than awesome bags/purses!
http://www.myspace.com/Burnt_Toast_Designs Visit my Myspace page for examples of my work.
I love taking requests for custom items!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Product Photography
Canon A610/A620: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...