A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 142488 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2006 06:15:38 AM »

I opened my Etsy shop this morning. I only have a few of my items listed but it's a start.
What do you think?

I'm new to these boards too. You all are so talented! I can't wait to learn so much from you!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006 04:47:13 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2006 10:16:46 AM »

yeah, the pictures could be much brighter and clearer. i think the photos are the most important thing at etsy- it's what really draws people in. good luck!
project wonderland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2006 07:47:52 PM »

I heart you too!

I love your flower note cards! Cutest thing I've ever seen!

« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2006 10:24:24 PM »

Hey, your store looks great! I had to SEARCH for things to critique. Smiley

Here's a few things though:
In your bio you write, "It is one new favorite things." Did you mean, "It is one of my new favorite things?" Something is missing.
In the description of your lime box you give dimensions, but don't specify if this is inches, centimeters, etc. As an international site, you really should specify otherwise people in Canada and Europe, for example, might assume this is in centimeters.
I would try to make your descriptions sound more professional. Instead of saying that you're working on your photography skills, I would simply indicate that the photo does not do the item justice and that the color is more of a healthy grass green. Right now it sounds more conversational and some people find that off-putting.
I would also be a bit more vague with your materials in both the description and the tags. For example, by telling someone specifically that you use Mod Podge, you're making it REALLY easy for someone to at least attempt to recreate your work on their own. Plus, a non-crafty person probably won't know what this is. You could write that it is finished with a glossy coat...or sealed...whatever. It sounds more difficult...and thus more expensive. Smiley In the materials box, I would just put "sealer."
Be sure to use the tags to your fullest advantage. For your hemp keychain, don't stop at "keychain." You could add "hemp, green, gift." If you're not sure what to use for tags, look around to see what others are using. It might inspire you. Some people put tags like "elegant" or "cute" or "trendy." You're allowed something like 20 tags I think. Take full advantage!
Another typo in the "spring fever necklace" description. "when everything in growing" should be is growing.
The description for the "green serpentine bracelet" is superb. I especially love "chunky and funky, yet elegant." It just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

I know that seems like a lot, but it's all really minor. Like I said, I had to search for it.

Best of luck. I've hearted you!

project wonderland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2006 11:33:29 AM »

wow! thank you. very helpful. i know i should look hard for typos. i make them all the time. i never really thought about the tags. i'll definitely work on them. for the lime box- i didn't even realizes i didn't specify inches, and thanks for pointing out about the modpodge. Thanks again, i know the smalls things can make all the difference. i hearted you back.

goddamn right it's a beautiful day

easily distracted by shiny objects

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: July 05, 2006 10:18:05 AM »

after having my ego stroked by so many lovely crafsters, i decided to take the plunge and start my own store.  what could be the harm?   Grin

i'd be happy for you to take a look and let me know what you think about my items (there's only a few now but more are coming soon!).

thanks for looking!!

there are no mistakes in pottery....only planters.

much of what i make is available on etsy at: http://madebymarmalade.etsy.com/

Help create a Glass board for Craftster!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=102159.0
« Reply #556 on: July 08, 2006 06:14:33 PM »

Hello, I finally made a sale a couple of weeks ago and boy have I been busy since. I am adding new photos as I type this message check me out and tell me what you think??

I want to be with you

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 09, 2006 02:09:52 PM »

Your ruffle bag rocks ! I like the fact that you sell supplies too.  I think i'd really like the pearls! Maybe i'll buy...one day...gosh I'm such a procastinator!!

Took for granted all the little things.
But now it's over,
All I can say is goodbye.
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2006 03:00:15 PM »

thanks for the comment but i have so much fabric that my fiance siad i could not buy anymore until i use what i have so i am trying to sell some so i can start looking for some for my fall and winter bags
Avid Reader

Oh You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2006 06:12:21 PM »

I just started selling baby clothes, and I'm wondering if my prices seem right, or a bit high/low?

opinions please  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flu Alert: How to Handle Flu Season
How Does a Fever Help You Get Well?
How Does a Cold Spread?
Anna Post Shares Her Flu Tips
Amazing Facts About the Flu
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...