A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
352 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124532 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2250 on: July 30, 2008 08:33:49 AM »

I opened my shop earlier this month and would love some honesty!

http://irasema.etsy.com

thanks a bunches!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2251 on: July 30, 2008 08:37:31 AM »

I love the look of it, colorful, modern and clean! I'd suggest adding a bit more to your announcement and profile to personalize it. I don't know about all shoppers, but I am more compelled to buy when I feel a "connection" with the seller, I enjoy a little story to go along with the product, etc. It looks great to me, otherwise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
irasema

« Reply #2252 on: July 30, 2008 08:41:20 AM »

thanks! i do lack in my writing skills. I tend to be silly or I feel like I am talking way to much about myself! i will spruce it up and add some meat to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2253 on: July 30, 2008 08:45:38 AM »

If you want to post possible writing on here, I'm sure we can help polish it up! It helps to have other people look for stuff you miss and offer suggestions!

I'm curious about what other people think about this? I just opened up and as a mainly-buyer, I am really into the text part of the shops, but I don't know if I'm typical. Do most people think it makes a big difference, or not? I haven't had any sales yet (well, one, a non-payer that was canceled) so I'm not sure if it matters as much as I feel like it does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
allyinthevalley
« Reply #2254 on: July 30, 2008 01:46:23 PM »

I agree that a bit of a background can be helpful. Though, if I'm searching for something specific and I find it, then I'll just buy it whether I feel a connection or not. irasema~ Be sure to use up all of your tags. When somebody is doing a search, your tags make your item pop up. So with the "Plain and simple" card with the flower, somebody may be searching for a card by typing, "flowers" "summery" "striped" "grey" "greeting" "simple" "hello".... a bunch of different things that could apply to your card... but they'd never see it because you didn't use up all your tags. So fill them up to get more hits!
I like your cards, I think they're lovely, but (and this is just a personal thing, but I'm sure it applies to more people than just me) I won't go onto Etsy just to buy cards. For me, if I need to get a card for someone, I have to do it right away because I procrastinate too much.  Roll Eyes I don't have time for it to come in the mail so that I can turn around and send it back out. BUT-------- If I'm buying something else, and there happens to be a really cute card in the same shop, then I'd buy the card, too. So what I'm getting at is, is there anything else that you could add to your shop to help draw in customers? Just a thought.
Ugh... Sorry, this post was really long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2255 on: July 30, 2008 02:00:25 PM »

I agree, if I just see something I "need" (lol) I will just get it. But it's the impulse purchases and stuff I wasn't looking for where creating a little story can put me over the edge.
I have bought cards off of etsy a number of times, but usually far in advance and if I've seen a great one, or if I have my act together and remember to go to etsy first. Maybe part of your little story could be encouraging people to keep cards on hand for future card emergencies. A little pitch  like "These cards will bring a smile to anyone in your life. Keep a few on hand and never be cardless again!" Or...OK, maybe that needs a little work, LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Things
irasema

« Reply #2256 on: July 30, 2008 02:45:29 PM »

oh i am most definitely going to add other things. I just wanted to start and test the waters. I will be working on other products this weekend and will probably have them up by next week.

i have sent my new bio to my husband for him to help me beef it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #2257 on: July 31, 2008 01:38:14 AM »

Katrina...try listing more than the 7 you've got listed...and don't list all your items at one time. That way you'll get more hits. And also add your monkey earrings to your shop if you're using them for your avatar...or change out your avatar to show something your selling. If you post in the forums...people see your avatar...and as a buyer I get bummed out if I go to someone's shop because of something I liked in the avatar...only to not find it for sale there. Hope that helps! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
dangerous suburbanite
the dangerpreneur

« Reply #2258 on: August 02, 2008 08:02:29 PM »

So I've been thinking about selling for a few years and I just recently opened my Etsy shop.  I'm applying for some craft fairs and markets as well, so product critiques as well as shop critiques are more than welcome.

My shop: www.dangeroussuburbanite.etsy.com

I know some of the close ups are blurry, I can't do much about that at the moment (cheap camera).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2259 on: August 03, 2008 11:22:29 AM »

Your stuff looks pretty nice, even so. Love the dark colored baroque earrings (forgot the name already and it's only been 3 seconds!) and the knotted necklace - the end pieces really make it nicer than if there was just a crimp there.

You might consider shortening up your shop announcement so folks can see the featured products without having to scroll down. A lot of that stuff can go into your profile if anyone wants to read all about you.

Also, in your product tags you might want to include colors. If I'm looking for jewelry etc. a lot of the time I would want to find a specific color.

The banner - can't read your name. Maybe put it in a light color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Succeed on Jeopardy
How to Succeed on Wheel of Fortune
How to Succeed on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
How to Succeed on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
How to Play Flip Cup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...