A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124393 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftinator
« Reply #1960 on: February 24, 2008 02:48:09 PM »

I know I just posted but that was for CheetahChiq - now I would like to ask anyone's opinions of a few changes I made in my shop:

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.craftinator.etsy.com')

I had the privilege of being one of the lucky shops that got critiqued Monday night in the Treehouse Virtual Lab!  Yay!  It was cool.

So, I took their advice and changed my avatar and am working on changing the pics of my Puff-Me-Knots.  They suggested that I take pics with colored backgrounds instead of white.  Well, I changed a few of them and, frankly, I'm not sure if I'm happy with them.

So, a few are changed, but not all.  Could you please look at the pics of the Puff-Me-Knots and let me know if you like the ones with colored backgrounds better than the white??

And, any other suggestions would be welcomed with open arms.  Smiley

Thank you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mindfulmother
« Reply #1961 on: February 25, 2008 02:12:40 PM »

I think they're both wonderful but the colored ones really pop! So, natually, I like the new avatar as well. I would change them all if I were you, the colored backgrounds really provide a nice contrast that make them stand out so someone scrolling by will be much more likely to stop and click =)

Can someone critique my shop?
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5651721
I just created it today and I need to know how to improve
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1962 on: February 25, 2008 05:19:33 PM »

Hey all,

I just ran across a storque article about shop critiques.  It gives a list of things to look at when critiquing a shop and I thought it would be a good thing to share here. 

1) Storefront (avatar, banner, shop title, shop announcement)
2) Profile
3) Listing Titles
4) Listing Descriptions
5) Tags
6) Photo content & Quality
7) Pricing
Cool Policies (shipping, custom orders, returns)
9) Three strengths in the shop overall
10) Any special requests the seller has for the critique - special areas that need attention, etc.

Just some things to keep in mind while critiquing shops.  These are all areas that I'm sure people posting here would love constructive criticism on.  So, next time you critique, if you have an extra moment, take the time to look at one of the items listed above that you don't normally look at and share your opinion!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 05:19:46 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #1963 on: February 25, 2008 09:00:34 PM »

I think they're both wonderful but the colored ones really pop! So, natually, I like the new avatar as well. I would change them all if I were you, the colored backgrounds really provide a nice contrast that make them stand out so someone scrolling by will be much more likely to stop and click =)

Can someone critique my shop?
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5651721
I just created it today and I need to know how to improve

You make sweet little angels!

Can you be more specific in your description about the type of clay you use? I know you have this in your shop description, but you should maybe put it in your item description instead. 

You've got to get an avatar! Without one, you look like an invisible person  Cheesy  Choose a couple more featured items so the top line in your shop is full.

My favorite backgrounds you've used are the lavender wall and the green landscape.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyBSN

Cut, Sew, Ask questions later...

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 26, 2008 12:42:10 AM »

I'm just wondering if anyone would like to critique my shop.  I had some traffic (can't really tell now with the counts reset), but I don't know if my products aren't that good, my pics, my shop...

I would appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #1965 on: February 26, 2008 07:05:04 AM »

I'm just wondering if anyone would like to critique my shop.  I had some traffic (can't really tell now with the counts reset), but I don't know if my products aren't that good, my pics, my shop...

I would appreciate it.
Nice jewelry and I love your smart little red plaid bag!

Can you lighten up your photos a little bit more in photoshop?  They look a bit murky.  You've staged your jewelry nicely and have gotten good focus and nice angles on each item. 

On your earrings, be sure to say what kind of metal you've used. Lots of folks have allergies to certain metals. 

We get 14 tags!  Use all of them!  Do your username, any descriptors you can think of, colors, materials, "handmade" as tags.  Tagging is how people will find your shop if they do a search.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

deruku
« Reply #1966 on: February 26, 2008 07:07:18 AM »

I'd love a critique of my etsy shop.  It's hard for me because all the time I spend on the business aspect takes away from the time I could use for painting. I haven't been marketing myself at all because I'm a bit discouraged. I'm not even sure where to go to advertise my shop. Some pointers would be much appreciated. Smiley http://bottledutopia.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

__smellmop
no; you smell mah poo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1967 on: February 26, 2008 05:25:14 PM »

I'd love a critique of my etsy shop.  It's hard for me because all the time I spend on the business aspect takes away from the time I could use for painting. I haven't been marketing myself at all because I'm a bit discouraged. I'm not even sure where to go to advertise my shop. Some pointers would be much appreciated. Smiley http://bottledutopia.etsy.com

i really love your use of color in your pictures, and i think you're shop is very clean and simple. [in a good way]

i've been on etsy for a month and i haven't sold ANYTHING :[
could someone please critique my shop too?
http://madelineshope.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #1968 on: February 26, 2008 09:08:45 PM »

i've been on etsy for a month and i haven't sold ANYTHING :[
could someone please critique my shop too?
http://madelineshope.etsy.com

I think your hats are cute! Your banner is nice with very appealing colors.  Use all 14 tags!   I think it is a good idea to remember grammar and capital letters in your announcement and descriptions.  You would really be surprised how many people have a pet peeve about that sort of thing.  Smiley

Is there any particular reason why it takes a week to get your items in the mail?  You should explain that.  If people pay promptly, they usually expect their items to be shipped within a day or so.

Hang in there... sales take awhile... mine only trickle in  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deruku
« Reply #1969 on: February 27, 2008 07:58:10 AM »

Thank you, smellmop! I think your shop is very fun and cute, and your pieces are especially inexpensive. I think you should challenge yourself to think creatively, think outside the box, and make something that has never been done before. I think you've got a great start, but you have a lot of potential. And I think you can raise your prices a bit because that tells the viewer that it's a very well-made piece of work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katy Perry Roars Into Fall With Leather
Luli Fama Spring/Summer 2014 - Swimwear - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Biggest Fall Fashion Trends
DIY Cut Off Denim Shorts
Luxury Lounge-Wear for Less: Cozy Up in Style and on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...