A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124069 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Beckybean
« Reply #1940 on: February 02, 2008 12:37:11 PM »

I think your shop is fabulous!  Your descriptions are very very detailed, all the information I'd need is definitely there.  Your pictures are wonderful and bright, annddd your bags are awesome!

That's all I've got Smiley

Oh! And your banner is super, too Smiley
-----

Anyone wanna critique me? I'm feelin' iffy about ye olde shoppe.  http://byrobinlynne.etsy.com

Thanks so much for your comments. I was feeling particularly worried about the photos and descriptions, so you have made me feel more confident about them - much appreciated!!!

I have just been to have a look at your shop. I REALLY love your banner. So bright, simple and eye-catching, and it says exactly what you do!

You've got great stuff - in particular I love your button jewelry. So bright and gorgeous! One thing about the photos - I like that you have money in them for size reference, but being in Australia, I really don't know the size of the coin....if that makes sense....it looks to me about the size of an Australian 20 cent piece....but that's just a guess. That's about the only constructive thing I can think of. It looks like you're doing really well. Best of luck with it all. Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RobinLynne
♫ He spoke to me, I took his flute ♫

Disaster has befallen my wheels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: February 03, 2008 06:35:18 AM »

I think your shop is fabulous!  Your descriptions are very very detailed, all the information I'd need is definitely there.  Your pictures are wonderful and bright, annddd your bags are awesome!

That's all I've got Smiley

Oh! And your banner is super, too Smiley
-----

Anyone wanna critique me? I'm feelin' iffy about ye olde shoppe.  http://byrobinlynne.etsy.com

Thanks so much for your comments. I was feeling particularly worried about the photos and descriptions, so you have made me feel more confident about them - much appreciated!!!

I have just been to have a look at your shop. I REALLY love your banner. So bright, simple and eye-catching, and it says exactly what you do!

You've got great stuff - in particular I love your button jewelry. So bright and gorgeous! One thing about the photos - I like that you have money in them for size reference, but being in Australia, I really don't know the size of the coin....if that makes sense....it looks to me about the size of an Australian 20 cent piece....but that's just a guess. That's about the only constructive thing I can think of. It looks like you're doing really well. Best of luck with it all. Cheers!

The coin thing occurred to me after I'd taken all the pictures with it in there, haha.  I've (recently) just begun holding pieces in my hand for reference.. but then, I could have massive hands! but.. they're actually tiny. Anywho, thank you! I change my banner once a week it seems.. I can't pick one I like.  (I don't even have the piece that's in my banner for sale yet, d'oh.) anyway! I'll probably re-do the money for reference thing with.. a ruler.. or a piece of paper with ruler lines. yes! thanks again, Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop on Etsy: For Jason ♥ Help Jason win the war against pancreatic cancer![/url]
My Blog: Purple Petition
eclecticpixie
« Reply #1942 on: February 04, 2008 05:21:36 PM »

Get people to buy from you on Etsy? I've been on for about 4 months and have not sold anything.

What do I need to do to get it promoted? Is my stuff overpriced? Unappealing?

http://eclecticpixie.etsy.com

Any input, criticism is appreciated.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1943 on: February 04, 2008 06:24:54 PM »

I don't know. Your items are exactly what I would buy, if I had any spending money. Some of your items could pass for mine, they fit in so well with my tastes. (I don't mean our items look the same, I mean we seem to have extremely similar styles.)
You would likely get better info by posting on the board that is specifically for selling on etsy. I opted not to use etsy because it seems to require too much politicking to suit me. Good luck finding out what's going on, cuz I love your products.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eclecticpixie
« Reply #1944 on: February 05, 2008 01:41:23 PM »

I don't know. Your items are exactly what I would buy, if I had any spending money. Some of your items could pass for mine, they fit in so well with my tastes. (I don't mean our items look the same, I mean we seem to have extremely similar styles.)
You would likely get better info by posting on the board that is specifically for selling on etsy. I opted not to use etsy because it seems to require too much politicking to suit me. Good luck finding out what's going on, cuz I love your products.

Thanks SmileySmileySmiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowplum

yellowplum beads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1945 on: February 05, 2008 03:45:38 PM »

Hi Eclectic--I don't think the issue is your work or your pricing, which is perfectly reasonable.  I haven't had massive amounts of sales on Etsy either, but one thing I hear over and over again is that you have to promote, and that the best way to do that is to network everywhere you go, both online and off.  I spend most of my time on promotion and I think it's starting to pay off.  It's *a lot* of work though!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowplum beads ~ contemporary designs in beaded jewelry

www.yellowplumbeads .net

Etsy: http://yellowplum.etsy.com

Boundless Gallery: http://yellowplum.boundlessgallery.com
IamSusie
« Reply #1946 on: February 05, 2008 08:41:14 PM »

eclecticpixie- Selling on etsy is a bit frustrating.  Most of us get pretty excited about occasional sales.  It really is all about self promotion.  You have to network and talk yourself up.  Be sure to use all 14 tags on your work so that people on etsy can find it when they do keyword searches. 

I think your jewelry is quite nice and you have real talent.  Your descriptions are sort of bland and need a bit of personality Wink.  Sometimes you haven't included all the measurements of your pieces.  Be sure all the photos you post have good color, brightness, and focus too! 

(I still haven't found the magic way to successful photographs...)

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKuchiki
« Reply #1947 on: February 16, 2008 06:24:06 PM »

I just made a shop on Etsy today:).
what do you think?
www.Kinoko.etsy.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flia
Purple butterfly

Yarn, pearls, thread, pearls, yarn, yarn, yarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1948 on: February 17, 2008 04:37:31 AM »

There's no information if you actually made the attachments yourself and how.
Tell about the fabric, the cutting, the painting, the glueing.

Now it looks a bit as if you just picked something and glued onto a hairclip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissKuchiki
« Reply #1949 on: February 17, 2008 10:13:09 AM »

There's no information if you actually made the attachments yourself and how.
Tell about the fabric, the cutting, the painting, the glueing.

Now it looks a bit as if you just picked something and glued onto a hairclip.

Thank you:).

I did not even think about that,
I actually made them all from my drawings:).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Dinner With Aphrodisiacs
Your Next 21 Meals Planned by Chef Ryan Scott
How to Make Mouthwatering Ricotta Pancakes
Fluffy Pancake Recipe From Clinton Street Bakery
How to Make a Valentines Day Meal for the Whole Family
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...