A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 233
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a critique of your Etsy shop? This is the place!  (Read 124050 times)
Tags for this thread: critique  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theantihipster
« Reply #1930 on: January 31, 2008 03:33:43 PM »

so here's my etsy shop, desperately in need of a critique! I've got a craft show coming up this weekend so I've been listing all my vintage stuff until it's over.

I feel like I should have more stuff but it's discouraging when I've only sold one item.

I also feel like it's a little schitzo because I've got many kinds of things, but I make many kinds of things. Not sure how to reconcile this.

www.evermore.etsy.c om

thanks!

You have cute offerings.  Smiley  It takes a while to get going with sales and I think we probably all need to self promote to get anywhere. 

It's probably a good idea to use correct punctuation including capital letters on your listings.  You'd be really surprised how many people have a pet peeve about that sort of thing.

Good luck at your craft show!

I never thought about the punctuation thing, that's a good idea! I usually do what looks good before rather then what is necessarily correct. thanks very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new etsy shop! come see! come see!

www.madebylaurenb.e tsy.com my new stuff
IamSusie
« Reply #1931 on: January 31, 2008 05:34:12 PM »

Now it is my turn!! I have been on Etsy a year or so, but not focused, not networking, not active in forums, not promoting (too much time spent on Craftster, I think  Grin). I am finally getting focused and serious and am now looking for some feedback. I have started working on my photography (you can tell a difference in newer listings and older ones) and I know I have no real cohesive presence ... I have Creative ADD. So, I have been slowly weeding some things out of my shop. Please take a look, and let me know what you think. If you have comments that you are uncomfortable putting in public, just PM me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5036637

I appreciate all feedback, especially in these areas (no particular order):

1) Pricing
2) Which items would you get rid of (either don't fit well with the other items or any other reason)
3) Descriptions - what are your impressions, and do they leave you with unanswered questions?
4) Shop announcement - any recommendations to make it more interesting or anything that should be here that I have missed.
5) Any feedback on specific items in the shop is more than welcome also.

Thanks, in advance, for taking the time.

I am baffled by pricing, so I have no opinion or advice about that.

All of your offerings show appealing color and attention to details. Your crazy quilt pillows are really great!  I think etsy suggests that we make sure we use all 14 tags on our listings so your tags could reflect the colors and materials and even crazy quilt.  They even suggest using handmade as a tag and also your username so people can find you.

I see the term OOAK all the time, but I have to say that I can never remember what that means.  You might want to be even more specific about how your stuff was made.  Especially if you did all the handstitching and also dyed the fabrics.

Short and sweet shop announcements are always best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1932 on: January 31, 2008 07:37:38 PM »

Thanks for the feedback ... yes, I have been trying to do more with tags on the newer items. Now that you have given me a kick in the butt  Smiley, I will go back through some of the older listings this weekend.

Thanks for taking a look!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bode22
« Reply #1933 on: January 31, 2008 10:44:08 PM »

Oh! Any comments/suggestions would be SO appreciated!!! Please tell me how to make my banner, my listings, my products - ANYTHING better!!!

http://bode22.etsy.com

Thank you so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1934 on: February 01, 2008 07:40:01 AM »

Your shop looks so professional!! I love the colors, and love your banner. I read through your listings and your profile and it all was very simple to understand.

I noticed your location ... if you haven't joined the UtahEtsy street team, you might want to check them out.

http://team.etsy.com/profilest/ut.shtml
http://utahetsy.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: February 01, 2008 08:24:04 AM »

No one has any feedback on my pricing question?  It's back a couple pages, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
IamSusie
« Reply #1936 on: February 01, 2008 08:30:30 AM »

No one has any feedback on my pricing question?  It's back a couple pages, I think.

Sorry!  I offer no opinions about pricing.  I just recommend that you do a search online for items similar to yours and then price in line with what you find.  Smiley

You have funny descriptions on your very edgy offerings for kids!  I love the thing about "hefty amounts of awesome"  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 01, 2008 09:49:12 AM »

I suck at pricing of most items and didn't want to give advice where I don't have much experience. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Beckybean
« Reply #1938 on: February 02, 2008 03:11:06 AM »

Hi there! I have been listing for a couple of weeks now, and I'd really appreciate any feedback offered.

Sometimes I worry about my photos, and whether they are clear and professional enough.

I'm also wondering if my descriptions are friendly yet detailed/professional....I think maybe some are too dry? I don't like doing any kind of 'selling' stuff in the description, as it's not really me (you know, like "how could you resist a gorgeous bag like this" type of description...) so I've pretty much just described each item in as much detail as possible and that's it.

Thank-you  Smiley

http://wheresbeckybean.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RobinLynne
♫ He spoke to me, I took his flute ♫

Disaster has befallen my wheels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1939 on: February 02, 2008 09:45:26 AM »

Hi there! I have been listing for a couple of weeks now, and I'd really appreciate any feedback offered.

Sometimes I worry about my photos, and whether they are clear and professional enough.

I'm also wondering if my descriptions are friendly yet detailed/professional....I think maybe some are too dry? I don't like doing any kind of 'selling' stuff in the description, as it's not really me (you know, like "how could you resist a gorgeous bag like this" type of description...) so I've pretty much just described each item in as much detail as possible and that's it.

Thank-you  Smiley

http://wheresbeckybean.etsy.com

I think your shop is fabulous!  Your descriptions are very very detailed, all the information I'd need is definitely there.  Your pictures are wonderful and bright, annddd your bags are awesome!

That's all I've got Smiley

Oh! And your banner is super, too Smiley
-----

Anyone wanna critique me? I'm feelin' iffy about ye olde shoppe.  http://byrobinlynne.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop on Etsy: For Jason ♥ Help Jason win the war against pancreatic cancer![/url]
My Blog: Purple Petition
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 233 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play My Tractors Sexy on Violin Fiddle
How to Play The Adams Family Song on Violin
How to Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Violin
How to Play Happy Birthday on Violin
How to Play Ode to Joy in Violin
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...