inspired by yatta's clutch
so finally. i have moved to another online picture host.
i hope these pictures show up,
dont look too closely, the handiwork is as crappy as ever
when i made this bag, i didnt take the time to measure and make things straight and neat. but it works out fine.
1. cut out a 8 x11 piece of fabric. this will be the inside of your clutch. for the outer layer of your clutch. I did not take exact measurements. Instead, place your 8x11 piece on top of the desired outer layer fabric and cut 3/4 of an inch away from the edge of your fabric for the inside. like so.
2. pockets take patience. cut out a 8.5x4.5. this will be the middle pocket for ur money and whatnot.fold down/ sew the edge of the fabric so that fraying will be avoided. this is ur opening! it is up to you how much u want to fold it. however, make sure the fold will allow u to put things into the pocket. Now is also the time to attach velcro if u want to keep that money safe. u dont want a teeny weeny pocket. now fold up all the edges and the bottom and sew it onto the fabric for the inside. Again it is up to you how much u want to fold the edges. Just make sure u have a reasonably spacious pocket AND DONT FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE AT LEAST 3/4 to 1 inch from the vertical edges of the pocket to the vertical edges of the fabric.
3. its more pockets.pockets for cards. again, no precise measurements. for shame!! anyhoot, cut out 6 pieces of fabric that are 3x4.5. On each pieceof fabric trace the outline of a card (safeway, costco, id card, driver license whatever). On each piece of fabric, fold fabric's top edge until it meets the top edge of the card outline. and then sew.
4. Fold the rest of the edges on all 6 pieces of fabric. the edges of fabric meeting the outline of the card. Sew this onto the fabric for the insdie of ur clutch. After sewign the first pocket. the pockets below (on top of/ overlapping the first pocket) the other pockets will be sewn the same way EXCEPT when u fold the bottom horizontal egde u will have to fold more and more as u get closer to the last pocket.
*********REMEMEBER 3/4-1 inch between all edges of pockets and edge of inner fabric********
5. For the third section of ur clutch. u can do some more pockets. u may want to follow the same steps to make a pocket like the one in step 2. In fact, make 2 of those pockets overlapping each other just like u did in step 3, 4.
6. Now for the front of your clutch,. this is the time to add velcro so that ur clutch will close and open. As for decorations, it is up to you what u want to do with it. However, YOU MUST LEAVE 3/4-1 inch of fabric on all sides empty without decor. I'd be happy to tell you what i did if you're interested.
7. In between the inner and outer fabric, i put felt to make it look fat. i think interfacing works great also. To complete ur clutch, sandwich the felt or interfacing between two of ur fabrics. MAKE SURE EVERYTHIGN IS FACIGN CORRECTLY AND THIS IS THE WAY U WANT UR CLUTCH TO LOOK LIKE WHEN CLOSING AND OPENING IT. To close it up, there should be extra outer fabric sticking out. this is good. Fold ur outer fabric once to meet the edge of the inner fabric and fold it again to sandwich and have the inner fabric under the outer fabric. Sew all edges this way.
8. ta da
MY APOLOGIES. if my instructions are really confusing. i can answer questions