A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Gift Idea? HELP please!  (Read 915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

acorn86
« on: August 19, 2014 08:34:57 PM »

Okay. So. My best friend is turning thirty in October. We have been best friends since we were teens and I really want to make her birthday special.  I usually do a theme for her birthday and make/ buy gifts to match the theme. This year Ive decided to do thirty (mostly small) gifts. I would like to make approximately half of them since she always likes the things I make better than purchased gifts.

Anyway, I would really like to include at least one gift related to each of our favorite TV shows: Sex and the City, Girls, Breaking Bad, and True Blood. The ideas could be related (I thought about doing a framed quote from each to make a display) or they could be unrelated.

Really needing some help with this one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014 08:36:46 PM by acorn86 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014 08:02:53 AM »

Embroidered or cross stitch quotes from shows are always good. What about a tutu or some fancy earrings ala sex in the city?

Oh! A crochet or some sort of puncture wound choker would be cool for True Blood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acorn86
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014 02:45:13 PM »

I like the idea of cross stitching quotes from each show to make a mismatched set. Cross stitch is my first love and favorite medium. <3 Ive just started dabbling in embroidery and like it very much also.

I really like the idea of the choker but I couldn't make one. Sad The tutu is an awesome idea. Of the characters of the show she is the most like Carrie so she would really like that. I wonder if I could find a tutorial online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JackieNAngela
OregonPatchWorks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014 06:28:53 AM »

It would be good if you can stitch something. You can write his/her name on handkerchief. it is very easy and inexpensive gift. It would be great present for your friend.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014 07:51:15 AM by kittykill - Reason: To comply with Craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abhayaahuja
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015 12:49:28 AM »

If it is a classic friend, consider assembling a photograph album filled with pictures and commentary during your friendship. Its a stroll lower memory lane! Birthday celebrations really are a advance in existence, but we're where we originate from. I love this method since it lightly reminds us to appreciate the folks within our lives. Plus, together with your commentary, it adds an individual touch theyll love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Send Rakhi to India | Send Rakhi to USA online with Rakhi Gifts for your brother and sister.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dress Your Baby Like Prince George
Fashion Fit for a Royal Baby
Hospital May Have Sent Still Born Baby Remains To Laundry Facility
Children Play in Style at Kids Fashion Week
Christina Applegate and FabKids Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...