A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seal pattern?  (Read 1909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kimidawn24
« on: July 14, 2005 02:04:09 PM »

Hello all!
I was wanting to knit a 'thank-you' gift for my grandmother for teaching me how to knit and her favorite animal is a seal.  Anyone have a link to a free pattern for a knitted seal?

I'm pretty sure I can find one in a knitted toys book, but I thought I'd ask if there were any free ones out there.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aurélie
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005 05:27:48 AM »

Hello,

I know you want a free pattern if poss, but in case you don't find one, there's a seal pattern in the Kath Dalmeny book World of Knitted Toys. They'd probably have this one at your library.

Be warned though, if you do get this book out, be prepared to get very sidetracked!!!  Grin

All the best
Aurélie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005 05:44:43 AM »

Hello,

I know you want a free pattern if poss, but in case you don't find one, there's a seal pattern in the Kath Dalmeny book World of Knitted Toys. They'd probably have this one at your library.

Be warned though, if you do get this book out, be prepared to get very sidetracked!!!  Grin

All the best
Aurélie

You should absolutely get this book from the library or try to save up for it because you will definitely want to knit everything in it. Here's my Sea Lion from this book, it's basically the same pattern as the seal:

He's been loved a lot by my 5 year old, hence his scruffy appearance.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 10:51:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aurélie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005 06:15:56 AM »

Ilovepaper: aw, he's so cute. I made a baby kangaroo from the book, and it turned out a bit 'special', but I like it anyway! I have a half-made cat too (poor thing is missing an ear and 3 legs... *guilt guilt*). I only did the cat in one colour, and it doesn't look too cat-like at the moment, but you never know... I had a half-made wombat too but the wool was horrible, really getting on my nerves, so I ripped it  Cry .

It's such a fun book, and all my friends have put orders in for animals... so it should keep me busy for about the next century or so! A great standby for kids gifts, and a good way to use up left-over wool. So it's worth saving the ££s I guess. LOL Dalmeny should maybe pay me royalties  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimidawn24
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005 07:05:14 AM »

Your sea lion is adorable!!  This was the book I had my eye on, and now I will definately get it.  Baby kangaroos?  I'll have to make one of those for my husband, cause his name is Joey!!  Thanks for the help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview with Rick Springfield at Home in Malibu
Deadly Charm Book Announcement by Claudia Mair Burney
Novelist M.T. Anderson Talks About His Characters
Interview with American Subversive Author David Goodwillie
Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi: the Time of My Life
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...