A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,306
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Indie Comic Book Store Seeks Crafty Consigners  (Read 1551 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2014 03:25:52 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be opening a comic book and collectibles store in Florida called Nyxia's Lair and I'm hoping to find a few crafty suppliers who would like to have their items in the store on consignment. Although I'm not done with the work to the store's interior,  I've added some pictures of how it looks right now to give you an idea of where I'm going with decor. I'm waiting for the gridwall to arrive, but I do have some really great islands and display cabinets, too, so I can feature just about any product style.

That said, I'm looking for items that would fit the theme of the store which focuses on comic books/graphic novels, action figures, Dr Who, manga--I think you'll get the idea. I'd love to have some amigurumi, polymer clay pieces, handmade jewelry, etc to add to the shop, so if you or a crafter you know has a product line that fits, please pass this on to them.

We offer great terms (which are negotiable based on your needs), full written contracts and payment every 30 days by either company check or Paypal.

Thanks in advance for reading and if you'd like more information you can PM me, email me @ nyxiaslair at gmail dot come or find us at facebook.com/nyxiaslair !

THIS ROCKS   Logged
smallhold
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014 07:26:48 AM »

Not to be nitpicking but... you do know that for instance all dr Who images are under copyright?
You can make them for personal use only.
Selling anything that resembles anything which is patented could get you into trouble.
Hope this is received as it was meant, constructive.  To avoid anyone perhaps getting trouble.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi, my name is Smallhold and I compulsively collect looms."
"Hi Smallhold."
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014 01:50:35 PM »

Please tell me that the second picture with Darth Vadar and Storm is the doors to the loo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
stillatthetop
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014 06:01:41 PM »

Not to be nitpicking but... you do know that for instance all dr Who images are under copyright?
You can make them for personal use only.
Selling anything that resembles anything which is patented could get you into trouble.
Hope this is received as it was meant, constructive.  To avoid anyone perhaps getting trouble.

Patent rights become very confusing. I have been studying them for years. Not an attorney. But you are right, you really have to tip toe around things for certain items. And the more popular the item, the more it gets scrutinized and challenged. But just using the idea, and changing it up artistically is allowed. An example would be my Dr. Who stocking that is on my "Made by Me" pinterest. This was a gift, but should I decide to sell them, it would be allowed. They are not commercially available this way, and I did not copy, even though it is the tardis. Artists gain certain rights in this realm. Same as if I quoted something in a book I wrote, as long as I gave credit to the original author and did not plagiarize, it is acceptable. Songs that I work on are the same way.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" fabric scraps for an iSpy quilt similar to this
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
How to Find the Right Size Shoe For You
Zoe Saldana Bares Her Abs in a Crop Top and Goes Bold in Hot Pink
The 6 Shoes Every Woman Should Own
How to Pick Underwear For Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...