A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,351
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Nerd Games 2014 Swap  (Read 6985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014 04:18:18 PM »

Cool TM patch!  Those nesting pouches are awesome, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014 06:15:16 PM »

I'm so glad you like it, craftaddchick! I have complete and total respect for you TM patchers after my first foray.

Yeah, I did do couching with clear thread Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014 03:20:52 PM »

The Totoro felt bag and the TM patch and zipper bags are awesome!  I received today from LovelyMiss, and maybe I shouldn't have told her I was going to send extras (because she's awesome and amazing for doing all she does for the Nerd Games, and if anyone deserves spoiling, it's her!) because she totally outdid me!

First, the card.  Now, she doesn't know this, but back when I did a Stig Needlebook for the Movie/TV swap, I tried so hard to do s Stig silhouette and ended up having to go with a cartoon Stig.  She, on the other hand, nailed the classic Stig in her paper cut-out:

Then the supplies, which she said she intentionally went light on because I may have a slight hoarding problem (when two people inside a month have the same "whoaaaaaa" reaction to your craft room, you might have a problem...).  So, fluffy fluffy soooooooft yarn (I think I already know what I'm going to make with them!):

And an awesome bag of random bits and bobs, the which is so much fun!  I am positive I'll find tons of uses for them - I'm a huge sucker for "random bags" and whatnot:

And the crafts!  Oh, yes, craft*S*!  First up, a pretty pretty suncatcher, which I'm sorry I can't photograph in all its glory (well, actually only slightly sorry, because if it was sunny out today I think the heat would be complete unbearable instead of only mostly unbearable!):

And a handy Tardis-blue braided key lanyard!  That will be nice for carrying the key when walking the dog, since I don't always have pockets...

And a Pi hoop!  I admit to making a slight squeeing noise when I saw this, because my love for Pi knows no bounds, and it's just so cute!  I love the layers:

And there you'd think it was a pretty awesome package, yes?  I think anyone would be happy with it.  BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  Behold, a mini-shrine of many many things I love, all eclectically jumbled together, exactly like the inside of my head:

I honestly could not tell you what my favorite part of it is, maybe the little square root of negative one clipboard... or the tiny little mushroom... or the books, oh my the adorableness of the little books!

I can't say thank you enough, it is awesome!  I hope you like your package half as much!  *chews on nails anxiously*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014 03:46:51 PM »

Mini shelf shrine! Love it! What a great design!
Beautiful lanyard and excellent assortment of bits and bobs too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roler
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014 02:13:33 AM »

I love the useful-looking pouches that Calabaza sent; what a nice gift!  And I am avidly following the science patch collection that craftADDchick is accumulating - it's so fun to see all the different science-y things people come up with!  And wow, LovelyMiss!!  I'm starting to feel like my package wasn't nearly enough... that collection of crafts and supplies is incredible!  The silhouette is perfect, and that little personalized mini-shrine is really something special. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for personal swaps!  TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, Doctor Who, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
LovelyMiss

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014 06:22:30 PM »

I received a fantastic package from Smeddley today!  First up are the card and a pack of mini canvases!  I have wanted some of them for so long!

The card had an ATC attached!  Here is a closer look at that...so cute!

What else was in the box?  A little Dalek and fantastic hoop!  I LOVE them both so so much!

As if that weren't enough, she also included a zipper pouch and a bunch of cute fabrics!

And a TON Of Fun Fur!  I am looking forward to using this for some of the Uthando dolls I am planning to make this Fall.

Thank you so much, Smeddley!  I truly loved my package, and I hope we get to swap again in the future!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014 06:59:27 PM »

I can't say thank you enough, it is awesome!  I hope you like your package half as much!  *chews on nails anxiously*

Again, I'm so glad you like it!  And I did like mine...much more than half as much!  Cheesy

I'm starting to feel like my package wasn't nearly enough... that collection of crafts and supplies is incredible!

Your package was great!  It's all about 1) meeting swap requirements and 2) being in agreement with your partner about whether or not to send extras.  There is no need to compare what you sent against other swappers, especially since your partner was happy and you fulfilled the swap perfectly!  (Extras can get crazy...some swaps ban them, but I think they can be fun if you talk to your partner about it first.  Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roler
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014 04:00:04 PM »

Thanks very much, LovelyMiss - that's all very good to know!  As this was my first swap I just wanted to make sure I wasn't skimping or anything!  But yeah, I'm glad everyone is enjoying everything so far! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for personal swaps!  TM Patches, mug rugs, magnets, felt, ornaments, Doctor Who, etc...

Proud member of Team Multimedia in the Nerd Games craftalong!!
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014 02:13:34 AM »

I'm starting to feel like my package wasn't nearly enough

There is definitely no need to worry from my point of view roler  Grin your package was perfect and very much appreciated. I love my Totoro felt badge and stash of ribbons - I am so excited to use them  Grin now for your package to arrive - I am so chuffed to be your partner for your first swap!!  Cheesy

And wonderful packages everyone - the crafts and supplies are all magnificent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014 01:52:39 PM »

I am finished (I think -- maybe a couple tweeks tonight) -- and am hoping to mail Friday when I get paid!  Thanks for being forgiving & understanding with mailing late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Wood Carving
The Art of Eskisehir Stone Sculpting
How to Make Clay Pottery
How to Make Ceramic Art
Top 5 High Tech Public Art Masterpieces
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...