A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2014 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 2073 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2014 06:45:07 AM »

Swap name: August 2014 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 August 2014 to 31 August 2014
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a swap mod if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite. We recommend having at least 200 pins before you start a Pinterest Swap.

If you are late in a previous Pinterest swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in any previous round, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending. Also, these swaps are totally independent of each other so if you have maxed out your unreceived but not late claims in last month's swap, you can still make that number this month. Also, the swap organizer reserves the right to refuse participation to those C-sters that she does not feel can meet the requirements or that do not jive well with the group.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM (including the month of the swap) when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in this thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell her who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims
         - if you are joining specifically for Christmas presents or for a birthday or some other special occasion

--It is OK to link to specific items you want in your bio, as long as there is flexibility and people can still claim you for other items from your boards. This is not a Wishlist swap, but putting your top items in one place is OK--

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins. Annchen posted a great reply about this in the December swap that I highly encourage reading if you are not being claimed.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: August 2014 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014 06:47:07 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014 06:49:45 AM »

Discussion and Gallery thread
Please no talking in this thread!

Swappers : Name links to Bio
Bold = claiming more than claimed = give love!
(w) Swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
(2) onthinice 1/0/0
(1) rscowtown 1/0/1
(1) toralune 1/0/1
(2) SlickMariaVic 2/0/2
(2) jtlhmmwabodf 2/0/2
(1) IsikkahJai 1/0/1
(0) alterknitive 1/0/1

Claims
Sent
Received
Late with communication
Contact Jexxican immediately!

Due Aug 15
Toralune --> SlickMariaVic for some crocheted skillet handle covers from her Craft board. 8/15 --> 8/20

Due Aug 17
SlickMariaVic --> OnThinIce for "London Blue Topaz Aventurine Sterling Silver Necklace" 8/5 --> 8/9

Due Aug 19
SlickMariaVic --> jtlhmmwabodf for some lovely dyed locks. 8/7 --> 8/15
jtlhmmwabodf --> onthinice for a knitted octopus coffee cozy! 8/15 --> 8/22

Due Aug 20
8/20, 9/13 onthinice --> jtlhmmwabodf for dish towels

Due Aug 21
jtlhmmwabodf --> IsikkahJai for some cabled bracelets 8/15 --> 8/26

Due Aug 25
8/26 alterknitive --> SlikMariaVic for a market bag and a headscarf. 9/7 --> 9/20

Due Aug 26
8/29, 9/7 IsikkahJai --> rscowtown for your Bandanna Table cloth 9/15 --> 9/17

Due Sept 13
rscowtown --> toralune for a boat load of the un-papertowels... 9/11--> 9/16
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014 09:21:48 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat cancer!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014 09:00:59 AM »

HI all I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. Im married and we have 2 grown kids, and a 4 year old grandson. We have 3 rescued dachshunds presently, i love the old ugly ones no one wants, 2 of ours have no teeth, and one had back surgery. 

My pinterest boards are here: http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/

Look under the letter "O" on my boards for wish lists, there are 2 of them (Oh Yeah part 1 and part 2). Please pm me if you find something you'd like to make on another board as I don't update as often as I should and sometimes I pin just for ideas and not necessarily something I want.

Thanks in advance for claiming me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS round 107, 108 & 109
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014 09:39:52 AM »

Hi! Im from Kansas USA, recently finished up my internship in video production, and am pretty excited to give this Pinterest swap a try. Cheesy Im always into cute and/or colorful things or stuff based on my favorite fandoms, but definitely dont feel limited. Im mostly swapping for myself since I think most others Ive pinned for would prefer something Ive made, but if you happen on anything for my sister or my cousin you want to try then feel free.

Theres an adorable dog in the house whos unfortunately gotten his fur everywhere, though I try to keep it away from my projects. Im allergic to cats and gluten, though I suspect the cat thing is more likely to be relevant here. Tongue

My Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/rey32/

Best Pinterest boards to start with would definitely be the swap boards! I tried to roughly sort them by crafting type and try to keep them reasonably updated with swap-friendly ideas. Otherwise, feel free to get inspiration from anywhere else on there, though please ignore boards with words like ideas or inspiration since they wont really help much unless youre wanting to send supplies. Smiley

Thanks for claiming me! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014 07:58:27 PM »

Hello, my name is Maria and I just relocated to Olympia, WA (USA) along with my husband and dog. I'm an English teacher and just earned a job at an alternative high school that I am very excited about. Because it is my summer I have a little bit of extra time to craft for others and thought I would give this Pinterest swap a try.

I primarily use Pinterest to collect designs and inspiration, but I have a board titled "craft" which has some simple items I have collected specifically for this swap.  This is not to say that you can't create something from my other boards - it just might be more of a challenge. In general I love bright colors as well as rich jewel tones. Just stay away from pastels and you will be fine! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

You will have 10 years of good luck if you claim me!  Grin

www.pinterest.com/slickmariavic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
onthinice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014 07:11:50 AM »

I'm from Missouri, USA. I have two dogs (boxer & cattle dog mix), two cats (tuxedo & flame point Siamese), a turtle (red-eared slider), and a husband. I don't smoke, but with that many furry animals in the house, I cannot guarantee a pet hair-free package to you. I will try my best to keep my craft offerings as clean as possible and tape-roll anything sent out, but if you are super-allergic you might want to say something if I claim you. Cats do what cats want to do, and that is usually get all in your business when you are working hard on creating something. It is what it is  Undecided

Here is my Pinterest. Most of my pins are inspiration, techniques, or things I am interested in making, but since I obviously cannot cover that much creative territory, please consider everything fair game to claim.

I love jewel tones, black/white, red/black/white, colorful with a splash of clash, etc.,  but don't hold yourself to those as the only color options. Other color combinations are lovely also. However, I'm not much of a fan of pink. I like things that are "a little off", though normal is definitely fine too Grin Feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks so much if you pick me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
jtlhmmwabodf
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014 05:03:29 PM »

Hi!  I'm Syd from Ontario.  I'm a second year student studying molecular biology and environmental sciences.  I'm currently home for the summer, working my crappy part-time job haha, but I'll be off and away again come September.  There's not much space in the room I'm renting, so my only request is that I'd prefer not to receive knick-knacks, cute as they may be Cheesy 

My pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jtlhmmwabodf/

Any board is fair game, although 'food' probably won't help you much, and 'knitting' is mostly for inspiration.  Surprises are welcome.  Consider any pin as an 'inspiration', not necessarily something just to copy.  I love lime green, orange, yellow, grey, rainbow, and 'pops' of colour.  No allergies.  Thanks so much if you claim me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014 05:28:24 PM »

Heeeyyyy all  Cool Jessica from Southern Cali, USA dropping in for a change of pace  Cheesy I'm a SAHM of two wonderful little girls Moira and Cassidy (both 6 atm) and a wife of 7 years to my awesome hubby Tim. I have NO allergies except to YELLOW GOLD and NO allergens in my house
~I LOVE bright colors, jewel tones, black and white, metallics---any colors really Cheesy I'm in love with colors ^^
~I don't really have a lot of space for collectibles but I DO collect Amigurumis/poppets/stuffies as well as ATCs and NECKLACE PENDANTS!!
~Any and all wall art I'll freaking LOVE you for!! My house is mainly brick so I cannot drill into it with nails/screws for picture frames. I use lots and lots of double stick tape  Cheesy Canvases and hoopla are okay as they are lightweight ^^
~If you decide to do something for my kids please send one of each thing!! I don't want any fighting or tears  Cry
   Other than that any board is open for grabs really.
http://www.pinterest.com/isikkahjai/
There are a few obvious boards that can't really be used but anything is fine. Please PM me for anything!!! I'm chatty and open to just about anything Cheesy HAVE FUN!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014 04:46:08 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alterknitive

What fun creativity is!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014 09:20:44 AM »

Hi All!  My name is Julia, and I'm from London, UK.  I'm happy to be joining you all for the Pinterest Swap this month!  I live with my partner and two of his adult children (his 21 year old daughter has just had a baby a month ago!).  I work from home as a medical transcriptionist.  We also have a cat and two rabbits.

My Pinterest is:  http://www.pinterest.com/juliapeculiar71

My swap wishlist board is probably your best bet, but all boards are fair game.

~  I have no allergies, except wool, alpaca and mohair, but merino wool is fine.
~  My favourite colours are deep purple, black, olive green, duck egg blue.
~  I don't collect much due to limited space, except interesting shells and beach pebbles, and miniature perfume bottles   
    (and of course yarn and fabric stashes!).

I've already been Pinterest stalking you all for inspiration, and will be claiming shortly.  Have a great month everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be the change you wish to see in the world", Mahatma Gandhi
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Horses
How to Draw Hearts
How to Draw Flames
How to Draw Faces
How to Draw Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...