A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,485
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hamstergurumi Cuteness comes in a tiny size...FREE PATTERN  (Read 875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

akira_minou
« on: July 30, 2014 09:41:53 PM »

Hi everybody long time no posting an amigurumi !!

You should probably seen a cute hamster while surfing for patterns, there is no link to a website for that picture, let's talk about the pattern or even the finished doll.

After a very long time i decided to give it a try and last night while i was very pissed with my brother i shut my room's door n started to work....and this lil fellow came up!! The name is Tobas like the first hamster i had when i was 18 ( i "had" two before but they were more my brother's)

Im very pleased, the result its a very tiny doll, cute as it cannot be...size is in cm since i dont use inches (live in Mexico City) 3.2 cm x 2.8 cm but u can get an idea about the size with the last picture. The tail its a small piece of white yarn (anyone u like) untwisted (if thats the expression, sorry) and attach with a hot glue gun (so as the felt parts)

Anyways hope u like it, and if its right with the moderator, i will gladly share my pattern, clearly written for u to understand so u can get an accurate result

Thanks for ur comments!!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014 08:44:33 PM by akira_minou » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrashKnits
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014 09:52:18 PM »

This is so adorable!  I hope you do end up sharing the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014 12:13:02 AM »

Aaaaaw, how cute!
And so well made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014 07:39:41 AM »

This is so cute! You did such a good job making your stitches so even.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
IndieCraftSampler
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014 09:12:42 AM »

so squeeeeee I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
akira_minou
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014 08:39:01 PM »

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments Cheesy ok HERE IS MY PATTERN. the way i made this cute lil fellow. If you find any mistakes please let me know.

-Yarn used: baby or any fingering of your choice, mine is a mexican very cheap but rockin brand; suitable for a 2mm hook if you use metric, if no a B would be fine, the point is use a small hook. White and beige (camel, peanut or even a very light hazelnut) or if you have a hamster the colors of its fur.
-fiberfill for stuffing
-pair of 3mm eyes
-felt in pink and camel
-wine red thread to embroider mouth n nose
-hot glue gun
-yarn needle

BASIC SKILLS
sc. single crochet
INCREASE. crochet two single crochet in same place.
DECREASE. crochet two stitches together to get one.

TO GET AN EVEN STITCH LIKE MINE, try to use only THE TIP of the hook. Many of us because of the hurry tender to slip the hook a lot while taking the yarn, making big loops and very loose stitches. Try using the tip and quickly grab the working yarn to make the stitch, takes a few stitches to practice but u will achieve it Smiley

BASE. With the 2 mm hook and white baby yarn make an 8 sc Magic Ring, close tight but DONT SLIP STITCH, in this or any round AT THE BEGINNING.
ROW 1. 2 sc, an increase (1V for japanese pattern readers) in every stitch to get 16
ROW 2. 1sc (1x) followed by another 1sc, followed by a 2sc (increase) in next stitch (1V) continue this all around to get 24.
ROW 3. TRCKY PART. Do not take the whole stitch, you are not gonna trough it, only take the loop is benind, confused? ok take ur work, grab it with left hand (im right handed) and turn it to you,  so you can see the row from the top, it looks like a wheat grain, the loop is the one next to the working yarn....this kind of movement u will find it underlined in other patterns Smiley
Once you have done this proceed and make 24 sc (24x) all around.
ROWS 4-8. 24 sc (24x). Take them as usual through both loops.
CHANGE COLOR
ROWS 9-10. Do another 24 sc (24x).
ROW 11. Make 1 sc (1x) followed by another one then DECREASE (1^), do it all the row to get 16 stitches again.
ROW 12. Make a DECREASE the whole row to get 8 stiches. Stuff now.
ROW 13. Make a DECREASE, 4sc, then another DECREASE, SLIP STITCH (get 5-6 stitches). To close pull the yarn tighter and use the needle to close, hide the yarn inside the body.

EARS. Make two.

Use ONLY a 6sc Magic Ring, DONT CLOSE and dont PULL TIGHT, leave it a lil bit loose, then YARN OVER AND THROUGH THE LOOP IN THE HOOK, pull and leave a long tail so you can attach the ear easily to the head.
Cut a small felt circle and use the hot glue gun to glue it firmly.

TAIL.

Use a small piece of white yarn then undo it you will get a fuzzy scrap material, but use your fingers to make a small ball, attach it to the body with the hot glue gun, press n secure in place.

Using again the hot glue gun add the rest of the details, using the picture as a guide. With the wine red sewing thread draw (embroider) the nose...voila Cheesy !! u have the most cute hamster ever done !!!!!!!!!!

first pattern written in english and posted on a site lol, hope u like it. Buenas Noches Cheesy !!!!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014 08:46:35 PM by akira_minou » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrashKnits
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014 09:32:48 PM »

Thanks for posting the pattern!  I'm going to try it out this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetable Korma
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
How to Make Healthy Nigiri Sushi Recipe
How to Make Indian Dal
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...