A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whoa! What a fee!  (Read 697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shadojake
« on: July 25, 2014 07:55:32 PM »

I got a phone call this week from someone at a local radio station.  The radio station is planning a women's expo type event but it will be on a small scale, based on where the event is located.  The woman at the radio station said she got my name from a platation that used to run a craft show for many, many years but recently discontinued it.  They thought I might be interested in the womens expo.

The event will be indoors.  Booths are 10x10, 10x20 and antoher size which I cannot remember but is between the two sizes mentioned.  The 10x10 booth is $300.  Of course the booth fee is more as the booth gets larger.  They are providing a tent and one table.  The even is for 4 hours (2-6 PM) on a single day.

I was quite surprised at the booth fee .... $300 for only 4 hours.  I have paid close to that for a booth but it was a 2 day event that was all day long both days.  I am quite curious if they will be able to rent any booths.  I am already comitted to a 2 day even that weekend.  Even if I weren't committed, I would not do this small event.  It is a lot of work to set up, even given a 2 day weekend.

I am curious .... what is the most you have paid for a booth?  What is the shortest event you have done?  Would you consider a short event again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
shadojake
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014 07:58:52 PM »

Forgot to answer my own questions .... I have paid $250 for a 2 day event and that is the most expensive.  My shortest event has been the typical 1 day event that was about 8-9 hours.  I will not consider a show that is less than a full day.  it takes as much effort to set up for one of those as it does a full 1-2 day event.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Chris in VT
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014 03:32:35 AM »

I wouldn't even consider that show.
It's a women's expo which means you will be among makeup companies, jewelers galore, pots & pan sellers, cutlery, etc if in fact they're selling spaces at all.
I always figure when they start looking for crafters selling things aren't related to the event, they're now 'selling real estate'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
shadojake
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014 10:57:26 AM »

Even if I were not booked that weekend, I would not do it.  It is too much prep and set up for such a short event.  Plus too much of a fee for the short selling time.

You are probably right though about them looking for fillers for spaces.  I don't know many local people who first --- can afford that fee for such a short event, second --- who have the weekend available at this "late date" if they are serious about their business.  Down here Sept., Oct., and Nov. are prime months for shows.  Weekends in those months book fast and some shows have been taking apps for a while now or have already closed registration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Chris in VT
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014 03:30:45 AM »

We're pretty much booked every weekend from Labor day until the first weekend in December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.shadypinestudios.com
joluvko
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014 05:56:32 PM »

We have paid $400 - $450 but it usually a two or three days shows that have good attendance numbers. I personally would not go to that show and pay $300 for a short period of time. Your time is money, set up, and your expenses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014 03:25:30 AM »

We have paid $400 - $450 but it usually a two or three days shows that have good attendance numbers. I personally would not go to that show and pay $300 for a short period of time. Your time is money, set up, and your expenses.
Welcome aboard! Where are you located and what do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.shadypinestudios.com
alteredsense
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014 06:20:46 PM »

This expo doesn't happen to be in Battle Creek, MI does it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shadojake
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014 05:59:50 AM »

If you are referring to the original post, no, it's in Louisiana.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

alteredsense
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014 08:06:42 AM »

Oh okay. we are thinking of doing a Women's Expo, and it is the same fee, and same size tables. Fun stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Primal Cuts of Meat
Introduction to Beef Basics
How to Make Cucumber Appetizers
Plating the Crab Cakes
Making the Aioli for the Crab Cakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...