A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R2- Gallery!  (Read 9055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 19, 2014 12:11:14 PM »

Patch made by roler!

Post all of your fabulous patches here!

Sent
Received
Received & Posted Pics
Feedback Given
Sending Late w/Communication
Contact Organizer

Participants:

BriannaB03: DaphadillyArt
cabaute: Watsonc7, goatgoddess
craftADDchick: Watsonc7, goatgoddess
Craftsunderground: Sharalee, madcrafter
crazyda79:smileyyogini, jkaywiz
DaphadillyArt: BriannaB03, milkeway
fancybutch: jkaywiz
goatgoddess: craftADDchick, cabaute
GoldenSunshine: milkeway, noodle-bug
Inselaeffchen: Sharalee, madcrafter
jkaywiz: fancybutch, crazyda79
madcrafter: Inselaeffchen, Craftsunderground
milkeway: GoldenSunshine, DaphadillyArt
noodle-bug: GoldenSunshine, quaggy
quaggy: noodle-bug
Sharalee: Craftsunderground, Inselaeffchen
smileyyogini: crazyda79, stillatthetop
stillatthetop: smileyyogini
Watsonc7: craftADDchick, cabaute

Original Swap Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434143.0#axzz37wWGRQLb

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014 05:20:19 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014 05:31:15 PM »

YAAAAYYY  First Received Post!   Cheesy

I received two awesome patches from Watsonc7 today!  I thought at first I was going to be stuck with unfocused pictures because my camera was acting up, but I tried again and thankfully the pictures came out much better, so that ya'll can see them in all their true glory.

First, for my 'gnomes' theme, she sent me this adorable little guy

I love his (very TM!) hat, his stripey outfit, and his little curly toes!!   Cheesy

You can't really tell, but every polka dot on the background also has a little stitch through it, to give it extra texture.  <3

The second patch is for my 'birds' theme, it is this sweet dove:

I really love the colors of this patch, the purple with the green 'confetti' style stitches makes my heart happy, and the turquoise border is perfect.  There is a cool newsprint-like print on the dove, which gives him just the right amount of character.

OH!  And, I also LOVED the cute packaging - a pretty note card and each patch carefully wrapped in their own tissue sheets...  I got presents!!!  Grin

Thank you SO MUCH, Christie!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014 05:33:20 PM by cabaute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014 05:47:54 PM »

'Watsonc7"  I love the gnome, he's so cute!  The dove is beautiful too! Great start to our Gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014 08:03:47 PM »

What a great start to the gallery! I absolutely love the gnome (what a cute little face!), and the dove is just lovely. I also received today and have two more fantastic patches to add to my science collection- I'll have enough to start my wall hanging before I know it!

Mine are also from Watsonc7, and came in cute wrapping:

And then I opened them to reveal... a quote by Thomas Edison (the text is stamped so neatly!):

And.... A PLANT CELL!

I can't believe how great my patches are! Thank you Watsonc7!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
BriannaB03
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014 08:11:57 PM »

I love the patches so far! 
The gnome and bird are so cute!

But I have to say the science ones made me squeal with nerdy delight!  I love the plant cell!  And they were wrapped as perfectly preserved specimens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014 08:26:36 PM »

Wow, you ladies are quick!  So glad y'all liked them, they were a blast to make. The plant cell was definitely the most fun to stitch up, I like throwing in texture whenever I get the chance. After I mailed them off I realized I totally forgot to backtrack through the discussion to see if y'all had a finishing preference...All my patches have the scruffy wonky edges Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
madcrafter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014 09:09:07 PM »

Whatsonc7 all of your patches are so cute and creative.  My favorite is the plant cell.  The embellishment and colors of the plant cell patch is really marvelous!  Your patches also made me realize that I've been overthinking again and to be more spontaneous.  I think I will just "go for it!"

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Watsonc7

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014 09:34:20 PM »

Whatsonc7 all of your patches are so cute and creative.  My favorite is the plant cell.  The embellishment and colors of the plant cell patch is really marvelous!  Your patches also made me realize that I've been overthinking again and to be more spontaneous.  I think I will just "go for it!"

Madcrafter

Hahah, believe it or not, I'm a serious over-thinker too!  Making these patches is slowly helping me be a bit more random, but mostly I have to have a pretty solid plan on what I'm going to do before I start (I can't even pre-make pillows, I have to know the subjects before I can start grrr).  Like this round I decided not to try to pick the edge thread colors...I just had a scrap pile of different flosses in different sizes and randomly pulled them out, so the patches have 1 to 3 colors around the edges, and I love how they turned out, so that's one less thing I'll overthink ever again Smiley. It's the little things that make life easier lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
madcrafter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014 11:44:32 AM »

Whatsonc7 all of your patches are so cute and creative.  My favorite is the plant cell.  The embellishment and colors of the plant cell patch is really marvelous!  Your patches also made me realize that I've been overthinking again and to be more spontaneous.  I think I will just "go for it!"

Madcrafter

Hahah, believe it or not, I'm a serious over-thinker too!  Making these patches is slowly helping me be a bit more random, but mostly I have to have a pretty solid plan on what I'm going to do before I start (I can't even pre-make pillows, I have to know the subjects before I can start grrr).  Like this round I decided not to try to pick the edge thread colors...I just had a scrap pile of different flosses in different sizes and randomly pulled them out, so the patches have 1 to 3 colors around the edges, and I love how they turned out, so that's one less thing I'll overthink ever again :). It's the little things that make life easier lol.  

Actually I am quite good at  picking up a thread and needle with only a vague idea of making some kind of flower.  But that is for me!  When someone else is to receive a piece I tense up and start over and over again.  It doesn't help that I have had a few swap partners that weren't polite enough to post they received my swaps for several days or that
I have gotten my own work sent back to me with my swap partners name on it.  That is why I like swapping here on Craftster.  There are a lot of great and talented people to swap with here.  Anyway I also use the random pile of things and threads to help break up my over planning.  First thing I do is select the colors I want to use and then pick out fabric and threads that would look nice together.  Then I add seed beads and crystals, buttons and other odds and ends including wires.  To say the least I make a mess.  Since I also do multiple projects at the same time this gets to be a hugh mess!  Somehow if I don't have this mess I find it harder to make projects.  Right now I am sitting under a looming pile I call Mount Craft!  Sometimes the cat causes a craft slid but I can usually shore it back up.  Maybe they will make it into a disaster movie someday!

Madcrafter
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014 11:45:06 AM by madcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
fancybutch

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014 06:02:41 AM »

Those squares are all great but the plant cell is my favourite!

The tm patches are good for me in helping me embrace some scrappy style, which I like but often have found myself too symmetrical and 'neat'

I can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Drum Set
How Drawings Express Feelings
How Colors Represent Emotion in Paintings
How to Express yourself with Colors When Painting
How Colors Represent Energy in Paintings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...