A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
859 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: JULY 14 UPGRADES!  (Read 17860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005 12:41:11 AM »

I couldn't get in using Firefox where I'm also always logged in.  It told me to check my cookies.  When I tried to sign in with the correct username and password, it wouldn't let me.  When I clicked on "forgot my password", it told me my username didn't exist.  Kiss

I opened up ms internet explorer and was able to log in and post this.

I use Firefox too and experienced the same "cookie" problem when trying to log on... I also had to use ms internet explorer...

Is this permanent with not being able to use Firefox to access/log on to Craftster?  I hate using internet explorer because it's really slow and inconsistant...

I'm not sure how firefox works, but in safari, I just cleaned out my cookies and it let me log in (preferences-security-show cookies)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loveliness
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2005 02:47:28 AM »

I couldn't get in using Firefox where I'm also always logged in.  It told me to check my cookies.  When I tried to sign in with the correct username and password, it wouldn't let me.  When I clicked on "forgot my password", it told me my username didn't exist.  Kiss

I use Firefox too and experienced the same "cookie" problem when trying to log on... I also had to use ms internet explorer...

Is this permanent with not being able to use Firefox to access/log on to Craftster?  I hate using internet explorer because it's really slow and inconsistant...

I haven't had any problems at all using Firefox when logging in on Craftster. Strange...

(Oh, I just noticed that the spell check function works again! Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2005 05:02:01 AM »

I'm not sure how firefox works, but in safari, I just cleaned out my cookies and it let me log in (preferences-security-show cookies)

Worked in firefox too.. Tools - Options - Privacy - Cookies - View Cookies - Remove all Cookies
Phew! Got scared there, 'cause only about 70% of craftster works in IE for me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2005 05:20:54 AM »

Got scared there, 'cause only about 70% of craftster works in IE for me...

Wonder why IE works for some people on Craftster & not for others?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2005 05:23:05 AM »

Did Craftster log you out recently?

If you are having trouble logging in, try removing all of the browser cookies that start with "www.craftster..." and "craftster..."

If you forgot your password, then just try logging an and when that fails, look for the link that says "Forgot your password?" and click it to get a password reminder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2005 05:29:37 AM »

Got scared there, 'cause only about 70% of craftster works in IE for me...

Wonder why IE works for some people on Craftster & not for others?

Well, personally, my main problem with IE seems to be that I run windows XP, and windows is fazing out all Java code and does not willingly support it... They do have some sort of support in IE, but not in XP, so after a while of hard use (I live by my computer, and I do a load of stuff on it, not just Office and webbrowsing and a little game..) it simply breaks down and can't handle any sort of java based code anymore. Maybe it's just pissed with my compiler, I don't know. I do know that windows will not allow you to both use the java compiler and the JVM at the same time, or atleast it does not support it and will want to crash the JVM... So maybe there's something there that breaks up the support in IE as well.
Honestly I have no idea, I'm thinking of crossing over to Ubuntu if we just figure out how to get our games working on it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2005 06:37:43 AM »

Well, personally, my main problem with IE seems to be that I run windows XP, and windows is fazing out all Java code and does not willingly support it... They do have some sort of support in IE, but not in XP, so after a while of hard use (I live by my computer, and I do a load of stuff on it, not just Office and webbrowsing and a little game..) it simply breaks down and can't handle any sort of java based code anymore. Maybe it's just pissed with my compiler, I don't know. I do know that windows will not allow you to both use the java compiler and the JVM at the same time, or atleast it does not support it and will want to crash the JVM... So maybe there's something there that breaks up the support in IE as well.
Honestly I have no idea, I'm thinking of crossing over to Ubuntu if we just figure out how to get our games working on it...

Ahh... I see.  I generally come on Craftster on my tablet, rather than our PCs which endure much more strain than this one.  We have Win XP Pro... so IE 6.0, as well.  I've never experienced too many difficulties in regards to Java, other than the original dl Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine thing, but I see how yours could just gets over java'd.

Ubuntu!  I don't know anyone who does, but I had read quite a bit about it at one point.  I think my boyfriend quite possibly could go into shock if there wasn't an interface to run our games, ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2005 06:54:23 AM »

I was uploading a single picture to Craftsters picture hosting.   Clicked the Upload button.  When the screen came up for adding descriptions there was someone else's picture of themself, the lone picture of my sewing machine I was trying to upload and a message that two other photos were too large to be processed.  Somewhere, a twenty-something is scratching her head trying to figure out where her pictures went.

BTW, I never had problems with the spell checker yesterday or today.  Cue the Twilight Zone music, please...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2005 06:57:30 AM »

To continue problems with pictures, the photo I uploaded ended up being assigned to "Unregistered" even though I was logged in at the time.  The title of the picture is My Sewing Machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
jennhi
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2005 08:24:59 AM »

is there a list of words you can't search for on the search page? I always got the most recent posts with pictures by searching back 1 day max for "img", then that wouldn't work and would search for "img http", but now it's not even registering that. Banned words? I've searched for other words and they work fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Bead - Peyote Stitch
Learn how to Bead - Introduction to Stitching
Learn how to Bead - Learn how to Make a Simple Pair of Earrings
Learn How to Bead - Stringing Knots Between Beads
Learn how to Bead - Stringing Thread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...