A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet vs Amigurumi Swap Round 2 Signups July 13 - July 27; Sendouts Aug 31  (Read 11935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 13, 2014 01:46:48 PM »

GALLERY!!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435326.0#axzz3Bh2qthe5

Swap name: The Poppet vs Amigurumi Swap Round 2
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: mama24boyz
Sign-up date range: July 13, 2014 - July 27, 2014
Date to send item by: August 31, 2014
Limited to a certain number of people? YES. See below.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Age requirement? 16+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
***International participants, please take note of this! You MUST keep a record of your postage receipt, if for any reason your package is not received, we will need a copy of this receipt!***

Details of swap:
In this swap, one partner (the yarnie) will be crafting one large OR one medium AND one small amigurumi (you can also discuss with your partner potential other sizes/combinations). The other partner (the poppeter) will be crafting one clothed poppet.  This is a great opportunity to craft what youre good at, and receive something you dont make yourself!

Poppet vs Amigurumi Swap Round 1 - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424275.0#axzz37NojtWYf
Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425996.0#axzz2aT04lzvU

Sign-up limits:
Since each yarnie must be matched with a poppeter, it is important that we have the same number of each participating.  For that reason, sign-ups will initially be limited to 12 yarnies and 12 poppeters (for a total of 24 participants).  If there are more people interested, the limits will be expanded so long as the number of yarnies and poppeters are equal. If you are interested in swapping, but sign-ups are full, please still PM the questionnaire to the organizer, so we can keep track of interest and expand the sign-up limits if needed.

Things to keep in mind:
1. Flakers will not be tolerated.
2. This swap has a mandatory weekly check in. This means that you must post (at least) once a week in the discussion thread in order to keep both your partner and us, the organizers, in the loop as to how your crafting is progressing. We will be keeping a record of such posts and if you have poor communication, it will be noted in your feedback.
3. If you have not heard from your partner for awhile or notice that your partner has not been active on Craftster for a while, and you are feeling concerned, PM the organizers! Or if for any reason whatsoever you have concerns, feel free to PM us!
4. We will not approve anyone who has multiple feedbacks stating that they have poor communication, have not used a DC#, or have consistently been late senders.
5. Everyone is expected to send on time.  If you are going to be late, you must notify us ASAP (BEFORE the send-out date!). Those who are late and do NOT notify us, will receive negative feedback which will not be removed or corrected until we receive a DC# and the package is received by your partner.
6. When you send your package, PM the organizers and your partner to let them know its been mailed, and give them the DC# so they can track the package.
7.  Posting photos in the gallery is mandatory, and failure to do so will result in a comment in your feedback. If you do not have access to a camera, please contact your partner and ask if they can take pictures of both packages which they send/receive.
8. If you are an international swapper or sending internationally and are unable to get a DC#, you must retain a copy of your shipping receipt. If for any reason your package goes missing and you do not have a copy of the receipt to provide us the organizers, you will have to resend to your partner.

To contact the organizers, send a PM to mama24boyz.  In the subject line, put Poppet/Amigurumi Swap and sign-ups, question, sent, received, etc.

If you want to participate, copy the questionnaire below, and send it and your answers to mama24boyz via PM.
Name of swap: Poppet vs Amigurumi Swap Round 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (please break this up line by line like you would write on an envelope):
Would you be willing to ship out of your country?

Confirm that you are at least 16 years old (yes/no):

Are you able to craft a poppet, amigurumi, or both?
If both, which would you prefer to craft?
If there are an uneven number of swappers, would you be interested in having two partners (keep in mind that you would need to send both packages by August 31st)?
What type of poppet/ami would you like to receive from your partner (i.e. size, type, style, theme, etc.)?
What type of poppet/ami are you able to make for your partner?

Tell us a bit about yourself. Are there interests or things about yourself which you believe would aid your partner in crafting for you?
Favorite colors:
Least favorite colors:
Fave themes:
Do you have any allergies?
Do you live in a household with any possible allergens?
Do you have a pinterest/wist? If so, please provide it.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Helpful links:
Craftster Swap Info Guide: http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
Swap FAQ: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg3712343#msg3712343
Poppet-along: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205341.0
Ravelry: www.ravelry.com for lots of ami patterns, both free and paid

PARTICIPANTS
YARNIES
1.   mama24boyz - Canada
2.   Im Sew Silly - USA
3.   jkaywiz -USA
4.   mamarose22 - USA
5.   pookiemccool - USA

POPPETEER
1.   Tenitsu - USA
2.   Bobbysgirl - USA
3.   Sharalee - USA
4.   gotgrey - USA
5.   puamelia - USA

PARTNERS!!!!

Mama24boyz <--> Tenitsu
Jkaywiz <--> Sharalee
Pookiemccool <--> Bobbysgirl
Mamarose22 <--> gotgrey
Im Sew Silly <--> puamalia
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014 08:12:00 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Im Sew Silly

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014 02:22:30 PM »

Yay! I will send in my questionnaire as soon as I have more time this evening to sit down at the pc!  Grin I'd be making an Ami
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
CrazyFerretLady
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014 04:07:01 PM »

I don't have 15 posts yet  Sad  I hope I can jump in next time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014 04:16:56 PM »

Well, you have been a member for a long time, so go get chatty!!!  Cheesy  You can have 15 posts in no time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
CrazyFerretLady
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014 06:47:00 PM »

Well, you have been a member for a long time, so go get chatty!!!  Cheesy  You can have 15 posts in no time!

I'm a total lurker lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyFerretLady
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014 08:28:25 PM »

This is post 15! Sending in my questionnaire
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014 08:31:32 PM »

This is post 15! Sending in my questionnaire

Grin GOod for you! Not a lurker any longer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Bobbysgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014 09:11:31 AM »

Poppet maker here! Filling out my info and will send it in later this evening! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014 11:21:53 AM »

YAYYYY! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
jkaywiz
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014 11:45:48 AM »

Just signed up I am a yarny this time...I made a poppet last time, I would love my own poppet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Former Senator James Webb on Family and the Military
Jackie Collins Celebrates the Release of Her 30th Book!
James Joyce Changed My Life
Head Of CPI Explains Why He Gave Bylines To ABC Producers
Laura Bates on How Sexism Is Still an Everyday Problem
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...