A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $2 Big ugly skirt becomes Hip mod Bikini (Tutorial Added)  (Read 16846 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005 10:01:05 PM »

Freaking amazing how pretty it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
michellecooley
just ME

prettymess

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005 10:06:29 PM »

OMG  I LOVE this suit  i have to make one i can never find ones to fit me ........ Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myspace.com/michellecooley

"Ever Day....... has a beginning and an ending......"
mayerlove
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005 09:12:43 AM »

i love it and i'm waiting for the tutorial! thanks much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
bethanne
The glass is not half-empty, its just twice as big as it needs to be

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005 11:34:48 AM »

So here goes... This is my first tut and I could only do it using these crappy paint drawings, but this was somewhat easy so hopefully it will help!

These are the pieces: the long straight ones are for the bottom band of the halter, the small straight ones make the bow on the front of the bottoms. The triangly ones are the cups and neck tie for the halter and the big pieces are the bottoms. These last 2 you will want to modify for your own size.

All of the pieces for the top, and the bow are sewn like a pillow (with the pieces facing eachother) and then reversed- the inside and outside will both look the same once it is assembled (you could even use 2 different fabrics and make it reversable!)

I made the bottoms like a pair of short shorts that were a little too big and then added the elastic around the waist and legs to cinch it in and give it that puffy vintage look. I also added elastic on the side of the bra cup near the armpits to keep my boobs from hanging out the side. The "bow" on the bottom also helps tighten it a little when you tie it in the front(not a real bow, but a knot)
Before sewing the triangles into the band I put the bra cups in (I just took pads from an old bra that had removable ones, but you could get new ones at a fabric store)

Then I just added the ruffles around the leg and on the inside front of the halter.

Hope its not too confusing!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009 08:55:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul."  ~Oscar Wilde
"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." ~Anais Nin
justxlove
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005 12:47:56 PM »

altho i dont have the patience for that its still lovely. and maybe ill attempt it one day, soon. when i learn to sew. hah. its really pretty. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
bethanne

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2005 12:21:30 PM »

Oh yeah, and as far as the makeup, I'm wearing eyelashes with blue feathers attached to the corners. Thanks everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul."  ~Oscar Wilde
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2005 01:15:05 PM »

Hey, regarding that statement, where'd you get the lashes? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
Merry Harridan
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2005 11:45:37 PM »

I LOVE that.  Great work.  You could so sell that pattern, or the suits themselves.  Everybody who sees it is going to want one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethanne

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005 10:36:58 AM »

I first saw the lashes at a belly dance import store, but I figured they'd be easy to make by buying a pair of thicker lashes and superglueing the feathers to the corner of the base. I want to make another pair with feathers accros the whole lashes for a very dramatic look!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005 12:08:18 PM »

I first saw the lashes at a belly dance import store, but I figured they'd be easy to make by buying a pair of thicker lashes and superglueing the feathers to the corner of the base. I want to make another pair with feathers accros the whole lashes for a very dramatic look!

That's so awesome that you made those! I wonder if they are heavy? or light as a feather lol. I saw some lashes that were blue/green/black on lime-crime.net ,and I must admit I REALLY want a pair, but I shall think of borrowing your idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
How to Do Cross Stitch Embroidery
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...