A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Pretty Bird" Swap?  (Read 1900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Im Sew Silly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014 10:10:32 PM »

Ah man...I keep saying I wont sign up for any more until the ocean creature swap is almost done but if this one gets going I will have to do it....I love birds~!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
petskin

“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon”

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014 12:08:03 AM »

Keeping an eye on this swap too, as I love (making) sculptures of animals, bugs and birds (and 2D Tongue)- it's all about timing these days with all those awesome new swaps coming up.

I would love to either sew, crochet of felt a birdie Wink
(I crochet only free-form)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014 12:44:11 AM »

I am torn. I will be starting this one, or the Circus one, the last week of July or first week of August. What do you think?
How long does everything think they would need for crafting? Three, maybe four weeks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
petskin

“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon”

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014 01:32:25 AM »

Ah man...I keep saying I wont sign up for any more until the ocean creature swap is almost done but if this one gets going I will have to do it....I love birds~!  Smiley

... there's an ocean creature swap too???

(eep! I can't even go and see, I love octopi so much!)

I can't believe in how many tempting swaps there is going on right now!

I think 4 weeks for crafting for all swaps, a medium and up, is good- you know, just in case if something happens or inspiration takes time or something fails last minute and needs to be redone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014 07:35:01 AM »

I'm thinking 4 weeks.  That pelican stuffie that I posted took me a wee bit to make, because he has LOTS of pieces.  He's a quilting pattern.  I will definitely sign up when this swap opens, as I just received feedback for the Enchanted Forest/Woodland Creatures Swap.  So, I only have 2 swaps in progress right now.  And, they are swaps w/a long crafting time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014 09:16:35 AM »

It would be fun if those who has pet birds to post pics to share of them as well.  Smiley
I will keep an eye out for this one so I can join.
For years I had budgies. I LOVED my budgies. I had, Peet & Repeat (identical common greens), Zoe (light yellow albino who ruled the roost), Dot (green and yellow), Joques (Green & yellow) , Swayzie (my big baby who was huge and gorgeous turquoise), and I miss them terribly & hubby isn't a bird kinda guy unfortunately. *sniff sniff* Cry

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
artsycandice

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014 09:25:54 AM »

It would be fun if those who has pet birds to post pics to share of them as well.  Smiley
For years I had budgies. I LOVED my budgies. I had, Peet & Repeat (identical common greens), Zoe (light yellow albino who ruled the roost), Dot (green and yellow), Joques (Green & yellow) , Swayzie (my big baby who was huge and gorgeous turquoise), and I miss them terribly & hubby isn't a bird kinda guy unfortunately. *sniff sniff* Cry

Me too!!! I have had budgies since elementary school but got rid of my most recent ones only a few years ago mostly because my honey and the rest of the family was just annoyed with them. It's hard being a bird person in a non-bird house. Okay, in all fairness, they're not anti-bird as much as they are anti-birds as pets. No one could tune out all the chirping. I've had budgies, cockatiels, doves, finches, and a rosey bourke too. I do miss having birds around. My honey rolls his eyes at all the bird-themed art I have hanging up but alas, they don't chirp, so they are staying! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
My website
50 Projects in 2014
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014 09:44:07 AM »

Me too!!! I have had budgies since elementary school but got rid of my most recent ones only a few years ago mostly because my honey and the rest of the family was just annoyed with them. It's hard being a bird person in a non-bird house. Okay, in all fairness, they're not anti-bird as much as they are anti-birds as pets. No one could tune out all the chirping. I've had budgies, cockatiels, doves, finches, and a rosey bourke too. I do miss having birds around. My honey rolls his eyes at all the bird-themed art I have hanging up but alas, they don't chirp, so they are staying! Cheesy

lol, yeah, they can get lively at times for sure...but where others were calling it 'racket' I loved it cause it was like I was tuning into their conversations which at times were spirited. Smiley
I had a dark sewn cage cover that I would put over them at night and they would quiet down and I would get tickled cause in the morning I would walk in there and hear them beneath the cover whispering a conversation not disturbing a soul. haha then the party was on when the cover was removed!
I am hoping that one day I will wear him down and he will agree to one bird....until then I am catering the outdoor bird community banquet in my yard  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
artsycandice

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014 09:59:41 AM »

Okay, I am thinking late July, early August on this one. I need to look over my calendar then I will get back to everyone with a confirmed date. Stay-tuned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
My website
50 Projects in 2014
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014 10:07:22 AM »

Staying tuned!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easter Brownie Nests
How to Bake Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
7 Easy-to-Make Yogurt Snacks That Taste Like Dessert
How to Make Carrot Cake Pops
How to Make Flower-Pot Cakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...