A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2014 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 9715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014 08:36:45 AM »

Wow... That's a huge difference. I have to either add 85 SEK for tracking, or send as a parcel instead of letter since those are tracked. But it's usually cheaper to go for letter + tracking. And depending on what I send I skip the tracking. Sometimes when I work from stash it's cheaper to re-make the item on the off chance it disappears.

In other news I've found a suitable box to send my claim in. I wasn't sure I would be able to fit one of the items, but this will work like a charm! Now to wait for some glue to dry... I should be able to drop the package off tomorrow after work or on saturday before work, depending on how quickly the last pieces dry.

Gluing stuff to other stuff = good day. I've finally figured out how to attach the camo to the geocache I'm making so it's in progress now instead of sitting in a shoebox looking sad.

EDIT: Anyone interested in stamps from a newbie stamp carver? I'm still learning, and my eyesight isn't very good so I can't really do tiny little details. But carving is fun and I'd love to share my creations Grin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014 08:38:04 AM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014 12:31:42 AM »

Ooohh, stamps, yes, here! I've been actually asking for a "simple sparrow" in the OWS, if that helps. I call my babies Sptzchen, and I love sparrows (and chickadees) anyway. And I could use some simpler, largish ones for little hands because the bigger little one starting fabric printing. All by herself. Strawberries on white velvet.  Roll Eyes It did smell delicious, though...

Postage is weird, yes. I avoid paying huge amounts (50+ EUR) for small to medium packages by mailing them as letters, and adding the registered mail feature. That's not as quick, but I usually stay well under 10 EUR and it provides decent tracking - mostly via the recipient's country's post.

Okay, and now let me think which board I'm on and what I came here to say...

Ah yes, Annchen: The only thing is I had to switch fabrics, so no silk taffeta for you (no silk for me either). Plain cotton all the way, but at least it might last a bit longer that way.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014 12:35:47 AM by anna.wahnsinn - Reason: info on stamps » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014 02:36:54 AM »

I'll see what I can do! I think this calls for some experimenting before my claim to make sure I can pull it off. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2014 05:09:52 AM »

I claimed brandyk for some crocheted dishcloths, now I just need to go shopping for some yarn.  Cheesy  Today is cleaning day, however, so I'll have to go tomorrow.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
onthinice
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2014 07:13:53 AM »

Wow, postage costs really suck sometimes. I guess I need to re-read the swap rules because I thought tracking was required on US domestic packages, but wasn't necessary on international swap packages.

I have two days off from roller derby practice, so I can craft late into the night - yay! anna.wahnsinn, your embroidery cards exist, and now I get to do the fun part of decorating them. My rubber stamp collection is spread out all over my dining room table, so I can see them all at once  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Sylvan
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014 08:38:39 AM »

I'm going to be hiking 2-4km to reach a campsite this weekend, so I will not be working in Anna's organiser. :p
I have my fabric picked out, and I'm going to go nuts on Monday! Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2014 12:27:55 PM »

That's correct, but sometimes I still get tracking. Smiley The regular receipt I get just says "stamps" and the date.

I could probably send cheaper if I paid online, but I kind of like putting stamps on a padded envelope so I don't Smiley Now to put the finishing touches on dessadoll's package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2014 01:05:31 PM »

Yeah, not everyone discussing postage right now is in the US so not all the same rules apply, I think. If you don't get tracking, it's always nice to offer a receipt from the PO though. And ALWAYS keep your receipt either way.

I see Dessadoll has Pinned some Monkeys and it's tempting to jump in and claim her for them but I think I need to see how market goes tomorrow first. Someone told me last week that she thought my monkeys were "creepy" and that was a little disheartening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2014 04:22:51 PM »

jexxican, I have to tell you, I've NEVER been a fan of sock monkeys---but honestly, I've also NEVER found yours creepy either.  I think that remark tells more about the person who said it than your monkeys.

rscowtown's claim went out today and I purchased the yarn for brandyk's claim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
dessadoll

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2014 06:15:34 PM »

Jexxican I love your sock monkeys and they are not creapy at all! 
If you do claim me, I would be happy with anything you have pre made Smiley
I made some for our little 2 when we adopted them, but they are well loved and full of patches.  They both asked me for new ones last week.    Also dont feel like you have to claim me either. 

Time to stalk everyone so I can make another claim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Message From Audrina Partridge
Demon from the Dark Book Trailer
Robin Wasserman Talks About Crashed
Alysia Sofios Reveals Her Best Quality
Anna Badkhen Talks About Peace Meals
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...