A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2014 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 1552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 01, 2014 10:36:19 AM »

Swap name: July 2014 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 July 2014 to 31 July 2014
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a swap mod if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite. We recommend having at least 200 pins before you start a Pinterest Swap.

If you are late in a previous Pinterest swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in any previous round, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending. Also, these swaps are totally independent of each other so if you have maxed out your unreceived but not late claims in last month's swap, you can still make that number this month. Also, the swap organizer reserves the right to refuse participation to those C-sters that she does not feel can meet the requirements or that do not jive well with the group.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM (including the month of the swap) when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in this thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell her who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims
         - if you are joining specifically for Christmas presents or for a birthday or some other special occasion

--It is OK to link to specific items you want in your bio, as long as there is flexibility and people can still claim you for other items from your boards. This is not a Wishlist swap, but putting your top items in one place is OK--

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins. Annchen posted a great reply about this in the December swap that I highly encourage reading if you are not being claimed.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: July 2014 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014 06:38:25 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014 10:45:16 AM »

Discussion and Gallery thread
Please no talking in this thread!

Swappers : Name links to Bio
Bold = claiming more than claimed = give love!
(w) Swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
(3) rscowtown 3/0/3
(2) dessadoll 2/0/2

(2) ladybugsandbumblebees 2/0/2
(1) GingerKnitter 1/0/1
(2) Annchen 2/0/2

(5) anna.wahnsinn 5/0/5
(2) Sylvan 2/0/2
(3) brandyk 2/0/2
(1) onthinice 2/0/2

Claims
Sent
Received
Late with communication
Contact Jexxican immediately!

Due July 19
Annchen --> Dessadoll for something fairy inspired]Annchen --> Dessadoll for something fairy inspired 7/20 --> 7/31

Due July 20
dessadoll --> Annchen for some felt book marks and perler bead owls 7/15 --> 7/21
GingerKnitter --> dessadoll for a knitted slouchy cap for A 7/21 --> 7/31

Due July 22
rscowtown --> ladybugsandbumblebees for quilted water bottle carriers 7/22 --> 7/24

Due July 23
ladybugsandbumblebees --> rscowtown for an unstuffed, crocheted, flower pillow form. 7/18 --> 7/28

Due July 24
anna.wahnsinn --> GingerKnitter for a circular needles storage hanging thingy and stitch markers 7/25 --> 8/12
anna.wahnsinn --> Annchen for a project bag and stitch markers 7/25 --> 7/28

Due July 29
onthinice --> anna.wahnsinn for embroidery thread cards and pen straps 7/28 --> 8/9

Due July 30
Sylvan --> anna.wahnsinn for a hanging organizer! 7/30 --> 8/7

Due July 31
brandyk --> Ladybugsandbumblebees for 4 zippered pouches 7/22 --> 7/24
ladybugsandbumblebees --> brandyk for several (5) crocheted dishcloths "gifts for others" 7/30 --> 7/2

Due Aug 2
8/1, 8/2 rscowtown --> brandyk for the patchwork bathmat with a towel as backing 8/5 -->
rscowtown --> onthinice for the patchwork bathmat with a towel as backing 8/1 --> 8/4

Due Aug 3
8/3 dessadoll --> sylvan for some felt ornaments and a surprise 8/6 --> 8/7

Due Aug 9
onthinice --> anna.wahnsinn for a journal 7/28 --> 8/9
annchen --> anna.wahnsinn for some carved stamps and a matchbook needle book. 8/5 --> 8/7
brandyk --> anna.wahnsinn for 3 fabric bins 8/8 --> 8/15
anna.wahnsinn --> rscowtown for an eclectic braided bracelet 8/7 -->

Due Aug 10
8/7 Anna.wahnsinn --> brandyk for a Fimo pendant 8/11 --> 8/17
8/7 Anna.wahnsinn --> sylvan for beaded jewelry 8/11 --> 8/19

Due Aug 13
sylvan --> rscowtown for travel pillows 7/30 -->
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014 05:16:02 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat cancer!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014 11:47:51 AM »

HI all I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. Im married and we have 2 grown kids, and a 4 year old grandson who recently broke his arm (he was pushed off the slide at daycare). We have 3 rescued dachshunds presently, i love the old ugly ones no one wants, 2 of ours have no teeth, and one had back surgery.  

My pinterest boards are here: http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/

Look under the letter "O" on my boards for wish lists, there are 2 of them (Oh Yeah part 1 and part 2). Please pm me if you find something you'd like to make on another board as I don't update as often as I should and sometimes I pin just for ideas and not necessarily something I want Smiley

I love patriotic stuff, have it up all year round...hint, hint, hint Smiley

Have a great day all!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014 11:48:39 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostessing: OWS round 107 runs 9/4/14 thru 10/4/14
dessadoll
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014 12:00:48 AM »

Hi all, happy to be back!  I am Brieanna from Saskatchewan Canada.  I have 3 beautiful children.  My bio daughter is Audessa, who will be 14 in a few months, and a brother/sister sibling set we adopted from foster care 2 years ago.  Ronan will be 9 this month, and Jade will be 7 this month.   
We also have 2 siberian huskies, a mini daschund, and 3 cats.  I cant promise what I send will be hair free, but I will do my best.  I tend to craft of my breaks at work to aid in that.

All of my boards are fair game Smiley

www.pinterest.com/brieannao
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014 07:43:21 AM »

Hello!   Cheesy  My name is Barbara (a.k.a.-LadybugsAndBumblebees) and I am from Long Island, New York.  I am a married mother of three wonderful children and during the school year I am a preschool teacher for "at risk" students.

There are no allergens or allergies in my house.  PLEASE NO claims from people who smoke or who have smokers in his or her house.

MY BIG HOPE FOR THIS SWAP IS THAT I RECEIVE ITEMS THAT I CAN GIFT TO OTHER PEOPLE DURING THE HOLIDAYS/BIRTHDAYS, ETC...  I have several co-workers, my girls have many teachers (they go to both religious school and dual language in public school), plus family and friends and anyone else that I would like to give a gift to.  We also celebrate both Hanukkah AND Christmas!  Roll Eyes

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider claiming me from my 'Please Make Me A Gift For' boards first.

But here are some suggestions that may not be on those boards as of now:

GENERAL GIFTS:(I can use multiples of these, obviously not in one claim!  Smiley)
-chapstick cozies on keyrings
-lipbalm
-bath fizzies
-home made soap (BIG WISH)
-sewn pouches with a zipper closure (to put the above three items in)
-mini coin pouches
-anything else that you figure would be a good gift for a large group of people (please ask me before making)

FOR BFF #1:
-anything 'Beeker' (from the Muppets) themed
-lime green pillowcases
-lime green pocketbook
-lime green wallet
-anything 'Woodstock' (you know, Snoopy's friend  Cheesy) themed

FOR BFF #2:
-Disney princess themed pillowcases
-purple or Disney princess themed pouch with zipper closure
-preschool appropriate teaching items (I have a 'Ideas For My Classroom' pinterest board that you could use for ideas for her for this item)
-tote bags

FOR DS:
-anything you think would be useful for a 20 yr. old living in his first apartment in the city
-nautical themed items
-"preppy" themed items
-mature fox themed items (he's 20 yrs. old)

FOR DH:
-bug related items (He's an exterminator.  Please touch base with me with your idea(s) before you claim me for this to make sure he doesn't already have what you are planning to make.)

FOR DD AGE 10:
-decorated headbands
-some sort of decorated container to hold her jewelry, makeup (she's only allowed to wear it at home), etc...
-a case for her ipad that has a closure of some sort to stop it from falling out (PM me for measurements)

FOR DD AGE 12:
-a case for her tablet that has a closure of some sort to stop it from falling out (PM me for measurements)

*One wish for little old me!  Wink  I have a photo of my "Queen Bee" tattoo in the 'Off Topic Crafty Tattoos' thread (something like that).  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a stamp made of my tattoo, as I want to make my own fabric labels to sew into my craft projects!*

I'm sure that there are more items that I could list here that I'm just not remembering.  If you have any ideas that are not listed here, please pass it by me!

My pinterest link is in my signature.

Thank you in advance to whoever chooses me!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014 05:21:05 PM by LadybugsAndBumblebees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014 03:11:03 PM »

Hello from Sweden! I'm excited to be back Smiley

My name is Ann and I live in Stockholm with my husband Gustav. No pets or kids. I have no allergies, but some boards have claims for other people.

My pinterest can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/annchen82/

For colour ideas you can use this board: http://www.pinterest.com/annchen82/colour-texture-scents/

And here's where I put my most wanted pins for the moment: http://www.pinterest.com/annchen82/flavour-of-the-week/ (all pins can also be found on other boards. Will try to change this up periodically...)

I'm open to claims from all boards, and I don't need exact copies unless the pin says so. "Inspired by" is fine. A mash up of several different pins sounds like fun too!

Supply claims: I'm open to supply claims, but please ask me first! I recently cleaned up my craft room and "found" a lot of stuff I didn't know I had... he he. So to avoid more duplicates PM before claiming Wink Pre-loved supplies are fine.

Allergies: Gustav is sensitive to strong scents (triggers migranes). It would be nice if any baby stuff is smoke free and as pet hair free as possible since some of the kids/babies I gift things too are allergic. Give me a heads up if there might be animal hairs on it and I'll just wash the item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GingerKnitter
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014 10:15:08 AM »

Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I reside in New Jersey! I live with my roommates, which includes some humans, a cat and a hamster.

I am so excited to be back for the July round of OPS and big big thanks if you are generous enough to claim me! I have no allergies, but I am sensitive to smoke. I do have a cat, but she doesn't roll around in the crafts and such.

I am very big into veterinary medicine, sweets, animal puns and traveling. I love a variety of colors. Except orange. Orange is a silly color. You can just ask me, it's highly unlikely that I will tell you that something you want to do is a problem.

Knitting & Crocheting http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/crafts-knitting-crocheting/
Sewing & Clothes http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/crafts-sewing-clothes/
Jewelry & Accessories http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/crafts-jewelry-accessories/
Miscellaneous Crafts http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/crafts-miscellaneous/

The above boards are things I would love to do eventually. If something here tickles your fancy, then let me know! If I haven't done it yet, there is probably reason why and I would love to receive it! Even the knitting and crocheting board, even though I do both.

Swaps Board http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/life-swaps/
This is my general wishlist board.

http://www.pinterest.com/brandiknits/
And a general link to my profile.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to consider me! I look forward to crafting for you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014 01:40:58 AM »

Hi All, I'm Anne from Germany! This is my first round of OPS, and I'm very excited to get started!

I live in Bremen with my husband Uwe and two daughters, Lea (nearly 3) and Hanna (nearly 1). We don't have any severe allergies, but don't like cigarette or cigar smoke. We have no pets except for a few dustbunnies. At the moment I am not particularly looking for gifts for anybody, mostly for things to wear and use around the house. I'm fine with supply only claims.

Here is my Pinterest list http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/ and my Craftster Wishlist http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/craftster-ongoing-wish-list/. I have loads of other boards, and I try to keep them updated.
Other good boards to see what I like (or need) are:
http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/jewelry-id-love-to-receive/
http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/t-shirts/
http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/fabric-love/
http://www.pinterest.com/annawahnsinn/supplies/

Thank you for claiming me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
brandyk
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014 09:25:08 PM »

Hi all,
I'm back. I am Brandy from Minnesota. I'm mom of 3 kids who are growing up fast (14, 12 & 10), wife to a  fabulous husband, daughter, grandaughter & daughter-in-law. I love handmade stuff, but only have some skills. I can sew, but do not crochet. knit or hand embroider. I am jealous of these skills.

We do not have any allergies, but hate smoke. Please nothing from crafters where there is smoke in the home.

My pinterest boards are located at http://www.pinterest.com/mmandjsmom/. Feel free to craft from any, but the ones that will be most helpful are  http://www.pinterest.com/mmandjsmom/most-wanted/, http://www.pinterest.com/mmandjsmom/gifts-for-me/ and http://www.pinterest.com/mmandjsmom/gifts/. I also have a board titled Projects to Try, but I rarely get them tried, so feel free to craft from there too.

I also really want some fabric napkins, but none of my stash seems right. I want them to be not-girly (3 boys live in the house) and not light colored....blue would be best to go with the kitchen/dining areas color scheme. And a cute dish drying mat. I thought I had pinned one, but now can not find it to move it to my Most Wanted board.

Enjoy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014 09:35:34 PM »

Howdy from Missouri, USA! I have two dogs, two cats, and a turtle. I don't smoke, but with that many furry animals in the house, I cannot guarantee a pet hair-free package to you. I will try my best to keep my craft offerings as clean as possible, but if you are super-allergic you might want to say something if I claim you. Cats do what cats want to do, and that is usually get all in your business when you are working hard on creating something. It is what it is  Cool

Here is my Pinterest. Most of my pins are things I am interested in making, but since I obviously cannot cover that much creative territory, please consider everything fair game to claim.

I love jewel tones, but don't hold yourself to those as the only color option. Other color combinations are lovely also. However, I'm not much of a fan of pink. If you pick me, feel free to message me with any questions. I'll probably edit this post and add more information as I read other, better written posts by the rest of you. Thanks so much if you pick me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Handle Color Management
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Personalize Lightroom
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Set New Catalog
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Setup Preferences
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...