A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Booth Etiquette  (Read 308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shadojake
« on: June 30, 2014 07:12:44 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I want to know how you would handle something that happened this past weekend at a craft show.  I was in the juried section of the arts and crafts show and this portion of the show was indoors.  All booths were 10'x10'.  No one insdoors was required to set up a tent.  Booths were delineated by taped corners on the floor.  Once the booths were set up the tape was not seen.

We did not set up any "walls" between us and our neighbor, nor did our neighbor.  In fact many didn't set up any walls.  (One neighbor was a no show.)  He offered a very different product than us.  The turn our was tremendous and we had quite a bit of traffic in our booth.  The issue is this ... sometimes people would be in our booth, leaning over our table looking into the gentleman's booth at one of his tables.  I am like, what?  really?  You want to stand in my booth and look at my perfectly nice neighbor's goods?

Once, a shopper was standing basically straddling our booths in the aisle.  She picked up one of his small arrowheads and asked, "Is this an Indian arrowhead"  I replied, "I have no idea, it belongs to the man in the next booth."

Has this type thing happened to anyone here?  If so, what did you do about it?

We plan on working up a wall "system" with drapes or curtains to separate us from the next both for future indoor shows where we do not need a tent.  What do you recommend?  Dh is thinking of using pvc pipe with fabric that has a hem in it that the pvc would fit through.

Thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014 02:56:04 AM »

I always use my canopy indoors when the space is 10x10. I just take the top off and use the frame so I can hang the sides. I do this for just the reasons you stated. I then use the top frame cross members to hang my lights. Can't have too many lights.

This way there's no canopy top to look kinda odd indoors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Nursery Series: Easy Tissue Paper Wall Art
How to Make a Dream Catcher Necklace
How to Make a Paper Mache Craft Bowl
How to Make an Awesome Key Holder
How to Make Bird Feeders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...