A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whimsical Shrine Swap (SU CLOSED, SO 8/11)  (Read 18293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014 07:37:03 PM »

OKie dokie, so it needs to be regular sized altoids tin size or larger (which I was planning larger). I keep working on questionnaire but am a tad nervous cause if I end up with a partner who says scifi stuff lol I will be in the dark as I think I must be the only one around here who doesn't do dr who etc! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014 08:04:00 PM »

Don't be nervous!  I will try to match people up with similar tastes (shipping and allergies allowing) but also please remember that everyone's giving at least 5 different themes.  For instance: yes, I love Dr Who, but I also love fairies and forests and rubber duckies.  So even though steampunk or sci-fi might be *one* of my themes, you certainly don't have to pick that one!

Granted, I've only gotten a few Qs so far, but the themes on those were as varied as mine, I think everyone would be able to find something they were comfortable with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014 08:23:10 PM »

okie dokie....ya talked me into it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014 08:26:36 PM »

I know I don't really have room for this swap, but just for future reference, I have a question:

I wasn't following the thread too closely on the "Swap Ideas" Board, but I was interpreting "whimsical" to cleave pretty closely to a "fairies in the woods" kind of theme.  However, it seems like as long as the theme is fantastical in nature, then it's kosher?  Or Smeddley, you mentioned rubber duckies in your previous post -- is pretty much anything open game?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    Smeddley

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014 08:33:22 PM »

I know I don't really have room for this swap, but just for future reference, I have a question:

I wasn't following the thread too closely on the "Swap Ideas" Board, but I was interpreting "whimsical" to cleave pretty closely to a "fairies in the woods" kind of theme.  However, it seems like as long as the theme is fantastical in nature, then it's kosher?  Or Smeddley, you mentioned rubber duckies in your previous post -- is pretty much anything open game?

I'm pretty much going with anything, though I think you can do anything slightly whimsically (which has two similar definitions, I think, cute and cartoony or actually more along the "fantastic" side of fairies and unicorns and such).  Still, I didn't want to put much of a limit on it since I'm trying to get people in a very competitive swap market...  Wink

I was going to change the name slightly but... I wanted to stick with the recognition from the swap idea board and to be honest I didn't really have any other good ideas?
    THIS ROCKS   Logged
    ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014 09:42:02 PM »

Yes! Working on a questionnaire now...

Questionnaire sent! And my whimsical themes were not related to fairies, but to things I like (like books! and gardening! and dogs! and the ocean! and pirates!)
    I took whimsy to mean not serious, like an actual religious shrine might be.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2014 09:58:32 PM by ChameleonHound » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
    aada
    If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014 10:11:41 PM »

I did the same thing, ChameleonHound!

I also came up with about 500 shrines I want to make for myself...  Roll Eyes
    THIS ROCKS   Logged
    Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014 03:44:44 AM »

Oh, I know about unfinished objects... *stares around at mess*  I completely understand.... but... it's just one little bitty teeny weenie thing... *tempts*  Smiley

Erghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!  I need some whimsy in my life.  Let me sleep on it - I had a particularly rough, hot, sweaty, and quite frankly a bit tearful shift... I will decide in the light of peace and sanity tonight.  Right now I am rather burnt crispy.

... and I am not so much into fairies as my whimsy as animals, dogs, steampunk, etc.  BUT on saying that, I don't mind being matched with someone who may not share my tastes, because it never hurts to stretch a bit creatively and learn something new!
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2014 03:48:31 AM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014 05:02:33 AM »

I took whimsy to mean not serious, like an actual religious shrine might be.

That is a GREAT explanation, and it makes so much sense.  Yes, this.  This is what I meant!

Awwww, Onyxnox , I'm sorry you had a rough time!  Sad  Bad days are the pits.  And you still have well over a week to think about it, anyway, no pressure (well, no real pressure, I'll still whisper softly "you know you want to join..." every now and then...  Wink )

I'll get all the fabulous new people added when I get home from work, I need to run now (I'm late! I'm late! For a very important... okay, not a date, and probably not that important, but... work).
    THIS ROCKS   Logged
    artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014 08:10:36 AM »

Oh Onyxnox... I am sorry thigs have been rough lately. Hang in there. Rest, drink something pleasant, watch nature. I hope that you get to feeling better!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

50 in 2014
    50 in 2015
    Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
    only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    Production Tech Tips: 3D Camera Systems
    Small Tripods / Equipment to Stabilize Your Camera - Road Gear - Video ...
    How to Paint with Light - A Photography Technique
    How to Build a Bulldog 5x4 Large Format Camera
    Learn about Camera Exposure
    Latest Blog Articles
    @Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
    August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
    Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
    Moderators

Follow Craftster...