A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,975
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SWAP swap/Scouting Swap?  (Read 531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2014 08:43:26 AM »

Call me weird if you will, but I think my favorite thing about Girl Scouts was swapping SWAP's (Some Whatchamacallit Affectionately Placed - basically a broach of any kind or style).

I currently don't have any Girl Scouts, but I do have a Boy Scout and don't see why SWAP's should be limited to girls only anyway or kids, or people with kids.

Over the years I have received some amazing SWAP's - felt, foam, shrinky dink style wrappers, candy, perler beads, googly-eyed monsters.

Do you think a one tiny thing swap sending just the SWAP would be better or should their be an additional more significant crafted item? (that's not to say you can't make a significant crafted item as a SWAP). Anyone who is into SWAPs knows they tend to be made in bulk for serious trading so I am thinking if we stick to OTT people could swap their SWAPs with multiple partners.

Is there any interest in having an option for anyone who has a troop/den/pack/whatever, to trade a bunch to another leader of a group. The sizes aren't likely to match, but ideally these should be something inexpensive and not horribly time intensive or heavy to ship so making a few extra shouldn't be a problem. Hmm, might be able to work for an individual and a group too - Swapper A makes 11 copies of her item and sends them to Swapper B to distribute to her Girl Scout Troop of 10 and Swapper B sends 11 SWAPs back, ideally one from each of her 10 girls and one from herself.

Any thoughts, ideas, concerns, interest?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014 08:51:48 AM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014 02:12:25 PM »

I would love to participate in a SWAP -swap.
I am game for any number of styles of swapping.  I would love to create one for numerous people. I don't recall-what does OTT stand for?  It would be fun creating a swap for another adult/older teen. I love to make swaps for my troop girls but creating some special ones that I know will not just end up lost after a troop event would be fun.
 I also have a troop of girls (7) and a son who would be interested if anyone wants to do a youth swap of swaps.  My son just did a neighborhood ATC swap.  I am sure he would love to have a swap partner/s.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014 03:03:28 PM »

I'm down for this. I do 5-6 year olds and 12-14 year olds.
I'm so excited! Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014 03:33:59 PM »

OTT = One Tiny Thing. So that would mean no extras, just the SWAPs. If we are matching partners one to one, I would like to craft more than the SWAP, but if we were going to have multiple partners, I'm not so sure I would have time for more than the SWAPs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014 01:37:40 PM »

YES
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014 10:42:58 PM »

I think making swaps based on what the partners like would be fun.

Instead of the basic 'scouting/camping' swaps, I received some awesome Harry Potter and Minecraft swaps this summer. Just an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Fish for Sashimi
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Making Tuna Maki
Making Wasabi
How to Make Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat
Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...