A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 744 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 23, 2014 12:42:20 PM »

So I organized the OPS for a while but it was kind of dying so I took a break. Here is the last round in case you don't know what's up with that. Some people said they would still be interested in it again after a little while. Would July be a good time to start it back up or should I wait another month or more? Would it be more interesting if each month there was a theme, like "Pinterest for my SO" or "Pinterest for Christmas" or something like that? Is it worth reviving at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
TiffanyCrow

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014 01:24:26 PM »

it was one of my Favorite Swaps (from the few times I got to participate), I liked the format of pick whoever you want from the list.

themed months would be fun I think.

July is not a good month for me because I am getting married at the end of July, But I would Love t see this swap come back.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014 02:29:48 PM »

I took a break from this swap to join some "regular" swaps.  But I am concerned about Xmas already so I would love this swap to come back as it was, or "Pinterest for Christmas" like you said.  I just need to finish an afghan I'm making for DH, and then I will join if/when it's open (the afghan is over halfway done).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
AmazingAlex
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014 03:16:42 PM »

I always wanted to join in on the Pinterest swap but wasn't able to. I think themed months would be cool!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an uber nerd that loves Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Supernatural, and Marvelverse (to name a few.)
Harry Potter Favorites Swap Is Live
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434138

I'm interested in personal swaps!
Sylvan
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014 03:51:19 PM »

Pinterest for Christmas sounds good to me, but I would join again no matter what Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brandyk

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014 06:28:18 PM »

I loved this swap just as it was. I think it's a great way to try new things & get creations that I don't have the skills to create. I could get behind some theme months, but really was drawn to OPS because it gave me the flexibility other swaps don't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GingerKnitter
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014 09:17:51 PM »

Completely agree with the flexibility aspect of this. I loved being able to choose what I wanted to do. Although I love the idea of themed months, I feel as though if you made people adhere to the theme then it would be way more limiting. Like, if the OPS is already struggling, would a strict theme make if struggle more?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014 10:13:24 PM »

Yep, I've been interested in joining one of these times so I was sad to see them stop for a while (though I can understand the need for a break). I'd have a hard time with joining for some of those swaps though. I'd have a hard time with a Christmas swap since I honestly don't have much to get claimed, and some of the other themes would be hard either for my board or for others. Perhaps each month could have a suggested theme as long as people aren't held to it? Like for Christmas month, encourage people to pick giftables for those who have a good selection with the option to do a free-for-all choice. No idea how well that would work, but maybe some kind of variation on that. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014 03:40:17 AM »

I'm game for another one! I like the free for all aspect so for me it probably wouldn't help with themed months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dessadoll
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014 08:09:58 AM »

I'm seriously missing my swap buddies.  Anything you arrange will be good with me.  I don't care if its themed or not.  If someone is really hoping for a certain theme, they can always put it in their bio as well.  I go off those before I pick an item to make anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Classic Bouncing Putty
How to Make Blue Playdough
How to Make Fake Blood with Golden Syrup
How to Make a Fake Mustache
How to Make Green Playdough
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...