A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,746
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R2- SU: closed; SO: August 11, 2014 (new SO Date)  (Read 23685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2014 02:23:45 PM »

LOL! The problem I run into is that I can never seem to catch the FQs when they're on sale...

I think I can chop them up and still keep some for my stash. As for having the right colors, I'll admit, I did pick out the FQs based on some specific ideas, but I still have to have fabrics for the back sides, so I'll be using stash fabrics (including some of the new fabrics I bought... because they're now part of the stash, right? Grin ) for the back sides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
stillatthetop
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2014 08:54:40 PM »

The Lord can spank me, but I get free fabrics at my church. Pre-washed, pre-shrunk.

They throw lots of clothing away there in our clothing pantry. Local missions and women's battered shelters in this area just will not take them  Huh I have tried calling on the phone to many of them to see if they can use things. They say, NO.

Sad to see things go to waste to the dump.
I even tried our local animal shelters for use in pet bedding. Nope. They don't want it.
What is wrong with people?? I try to re-use and recycle where I can. So I swallow the guilt and move on.

I have enough white embroidered/tatted vintage cloth napkins for a dinner party of 25, or better  Grin I just can't resist the darn things. Placemats and tablecloths, same thing.  Roll Eyes Some that are given away are hand embroidered! I often wonder whose Granny did them.

smileyyogini is getting some primary color napkins {cut up} for her patches. They are like brand new, don't worry. Who uses cloth napkins anymore  Cheesy These don't look like they have ever been unfolded...wedding gift? But they will make great backgrounds and backings for things.

I am on a limited budget these days, but feel that I am resourceful. I have collected a lot over the years, so I have lots to play with. These patches will be FUN! And give me reason to go through my stash for {old} new eye candy  Cheesy I've forgotten a lot of what I have.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" fabric scraps for an iSpy quilt similar to this
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
goatgoddess
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2014 06:27:57 AM »

that is cool that you reuse thrown out things and the hand stitched items, I would think I had to save them all too <G>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
Re:
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2014 06:56:13 AM »

"Stillatthetop" That is so cool you get to have all of those things & recycle  them for  crafty things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins?filter=likes

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2014 07:39:54 AM »

I agree! I'm a bit jealous! Although, I would want to save everything... which wouldn't be a good idea, really Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2014 05:33:26 PM »

This song describes my sewing room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WAGkQUUL0

Stand Up, Sit Down, Turn Around by Patty Shukla..

{great children's song. And a good quick workout to stretch  Cheesy I enjoy a lot of her songs. The kids on the videos are cute, too.}

That is about all I can do in my sewing room at the moment. I have collected so much stuff, it is unreal. I can't throw anything away, either. But it is so nice to have when I need it, and don't have to shop and hunt special. We are limited for craft and fabric stores here in rural Tennessee, believe it or not. And I don't shop internet.

The older crafties are dying off, and their kids and grandkids just did not pick up the "bug". Sad.

For any newbies, or anyone with a fabric crunch, just PM me, and we can work a private fabric/other stuff trade.  Grin I hope it is OK to post that here. Seems a good place as any.

~T

Har, har, har...afterthought. I got the ugliest old man's suit at the clothing pantry. I figured it was a blessing that someone else would not wear it  Grin But I fell in love with the silk lining in it. Don't know what I will use the outside for. It could be good for a dog bed.  Cheesy It is hideous.

I collect silk ties there, too. I have been researching many designs for those {hippy skirts, vests, purses}. And did you know that you can use the the silk ties to dye Easter eggs? PM me, and I will tell you how.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014 05:43:47 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" fabric scraps for an iSpy quilt similar to this
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
BriannaB03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2014 05:59:42 PM »

I'm having so much fun stitching TM patches! 

I love the one I made already.  It is going to be so hard to send off!  (note: make another patch identical to the one being sent Wink)

Off to stitch another... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2014 08:29:55 AM »

"stillatthetop"  I kind of thought that about the older generation dying off & the kids & grandkids aren't interested in crafts, & mine don't seam to interested either, even my Oldest son who is a very good drawer he doesn't care to draw much & my younger son is good at mechanics. My girls though are not, they just don't want to craft, maybe when they get older they might start a little.
But when I see all the young people on Craftster I think maybe my confidence  is restored.
That suit sounds interesting. Dog beds sounds good, it would make good stuff animals, or backing for a quilt. Just a couple of ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins?filter=likes

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Watsonc7

« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2014 10:22:47 AM »

I have collected so much fabric over the last two years, I keep telling myself that I'm only gonna use my stash...but I have a hard time sticking to it.  I just love how piles of fabric look, I'm a hoarder for sure!  I finally started going through it and putting some aside (it's so hard to let go!) that I'm not into anymore and I'm thinking of starting a Pinterest board of fabric I would love to swap for crafted items. I think that would be an awesome swap idea, it would totally encourage me to downsize a bit. My office/craft room is an embarassing mess Sad

I have an 8 year old daughter who got into sewing a few times.  I really need to set aside more sewing time with her.  My nieces and nephews thought it was odd when I picked up sewing, I think they saw it as an old hermet craft lol, but with all the sewing I've done for them they now think it's super cool and I can't keep up with wishlists Smiley. I even passed on my first sewing machine I my nephews wife so she could learn, and I set my niece up with all her basic supplies when she said she wanted to learn to sew now.  I get so excited when someone says they want to learn to sew. 

I've decided on the look of two of my patches and started stitching a bit today so I plan on having those done this weekend...then finalizing the other two ideas I have.  I love both my partners categories...I'm especially enjoying doing a little science research Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2014 02:46:18 PM »

Last night, I could not sleep... and I wish I had thought to get up and play with fabric combos...

Today, I picked up some transparent thread so I could start sewing the "pillows" and not have to keep switching out the thread. After I take a nap (I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night), I'm going to work on my class assignments, and then wind down for the evening by playing with fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Smaller Images to a Larger One
How to Use a Mask and Brush Tool in Photoshop
How to Put a Zoom blur on the background of a photo
How to Remove Person from the background of a photo
How to Change the Color of Background Mat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...