A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another TM Patch Swap R2- SU: closed; SO: August 11, 2014 (new SO Date)  (Read 15198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014 11:26:50 AM »

I just sent my questionnaire in. This will be so fun! I think I'll make up some of those little pillows in different colors & sizes, then when I get my partners I'm sure some of them will be the right colors, & size, then I'll embellish each one to what each of my partner wants, that's the most fun!

Yes "stillatthetop" those practice pieces would be great for TM Patches. Most of time I make my patches the same size not really measuring to much, but that's a good idea to make the back a little bit bigger. I used different fabrics but mostly cotton. I have never use the knit though.

I guess you can put a stabilizer on the fabric if it needs it. Yes they can be wonky.

Yes they are so easy to take with you, or while you're waiting like in the Dr's office or traveling & watching TV. You don't really need a hoop.  It doesn't need to be perfect that's why they are so neat to make. Everyone has their style & technique.

"Stillatthetop" I'm sure you'll make beautiful patches. I can't wait to see! I don't usually use a thimble but I probably should. The last TM Patch Swap was so much fun!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014 03:35:38 PM »

Yes to all of it! I think that, as long as your partner is okay with other fabrics, anything goes! I did a lot of embroidery (and a wee bit of applique) for the last round, so I may try a few other techniques this time around.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
milkeway
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014 03:48:13 PM »

I think I need to jump in on this swap!! I've never done a TM swap, but I made a TM purse for my partner in the Catching Fire swap. Very daunting at first considering I'd never made a TM patch before, but it was super fun!! I'll do my questionnaire a bit later
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014 05:45:18 PM »

Definitely jump in! And, that goes for anyone on the fence. You can always sign up to do 1 patch... I'm hoping to get one more patch for my science collection finished before the swap starts, which will give me some more practice. And, I think I'll be packing up supplies for my vacation (long flight...) so I have to decide on whether I want to make more than 1 patch for the swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014 07:27:23 PM »

What we need is more needle cases  Grin And mini tote bags for supplies. Those would be great additions for extras  Roll Eyes Lots of pockets. Velcro/zipper.

You know, the take along variety. I know many members here that travel subway, and train. These patches are the perfect little project for that. With just a little roll pouch and needle case?  Grin Then you only need to iron out your fabrics and get your patterns ready?? {A zippered bead pouch.} Then you are on your way. In less than an hour you can have one of these puppies done. They are simple. Let them go wonky. Most all I have seen do not have regular edges. Close. But not perfect.

I can't wait. My mind is busting with ideas. I can't seem {seam} to get my sewing machine in order. But this swap will be a "by handy, dandy needle thing". I could switch to another sewing machine, but am not wishing to at the moment. So switching gears into the needle threaded/hand kind is OK for me. Plus I miss my beading, anyway. And these I can take with me wherever I go.

Incidently, I also meet new friends when I work on my art in outdoor places. They are interested in what I am doing. And want to see things, and understand what and why.  Grin Similar to when I go fishing, but then I smell funny  Roll Eyes

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
fancybutch

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014 07:15:54 AM »

ok I have been eying the tm patches and this looks like a good opportunity to jump in and try some!  I love swaps that get me to try new things. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
stillatthetop
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014 08:26:57 AM »

Jump, Jump, Jump  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcQJDpj5TSY
{They hate me on here for my songs, but I find them motivational.}
Children's song by Patty Shukla. A bit silly, but gives me a good tickle  Cheesy And the kids are really cute.

These are easy patches to make, gang. And this gives you a great reason to try new things without spending lots of money or time. If it bombs...scrap it into something else.  Roll Eyes Don't worry...over 40 years of sewing, and I sometimes bomb, too.

If anyone needs some supplies {newbies???} just PM me, and I can send you something. Beads or fabric patches, unstitched, of course. To get you riding on the carousel.  Cheesy

Can you tell I am excited for this swap??

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Linakins
Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014 09:52:37 AM »

I'm in!

I've been thinking about making these, and now I have the chance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
jkaywiz
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014 11:58:07 AM »

I'm in!  I missed the last one so I have been eager to make patches!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014 06:17:50 PM »

Whoo-hoo! A bunch of new swappers have just been added! And, stillatthetop is right- the patches are pretty portable. You can make patches that are in so many different styles. If you've never made them, check out the tag cloud under "Teesha Moore" and you'll be inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Ways to Fix Static Cling
Sarah Jessica Parker Shows Off Her New Shoe Line for Nordstrom
Angel Sanchez Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
Which Country Has the Best Olympic Uniforms This Year?
The Best Dressed Stars at the Grammys!
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...