A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spirit/Intension Doll Swap Extra  (Read 311 times)
Tags for this thread: heart , papercutting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madcrafter
« on: June 21, 2014 11:19:35 AM »

This is an extra that I made for the Spirit/Intension Doll swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
stillatthetop
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014 12:03:32 PM »

What a splendid job! I love this style of paper craft art. I can't remember the name. Starts with an S. I have some magazines that feature these artists. I made one years ago for my Mom. I think they originated in Germany? Let me try to spell it...Schrenctite? ha, ha...bless you Google...Scherenschnitte, proper spelling. And yes, Germany.

Yours is very beautiful and detailed. I will have to keep this on my wheel of carousel ideas. I need to make some more hand made greeting cards. And recently bought a detailed coloring book with fine lines that could be perfect to adapt patterns for this. Off to rock you!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
madcrafter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014 02:08:28 PM »

Thank you for the compliment.  I have been trying to adapt simple drawing but hadn't tried a coloring book.  Thank you for the idea!

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

stillatthetop
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014 05:28:32 PM »

You're welcome. You deserve it. That is very tedious cutting! Can I ask what method and paper you prefer?

Exacto and embroidery/cutical scissors are my favorite. Papers, I generally just experiment with. Some seem to shape better than others. I'm not sure the difference there. I collect them from all over, and don't seem to keep up with what are the actual kinds. Many have just been shared with me as extras from swaps, so I don't always have the label for the brands.

I have started making the inchie house things, as well. Back into the miniature and tedious crafts. Roll Eyes I love collage and paper arts. In addition to my sewing projects.

Last Christmas I made a ton of really neat snowflakes for my house, and for friends. I love to fold and trim those. If you have not already YouTubed things, there are a lot of tutorials for all of this style of art on there.

I like your spirit doll as well. I have not tried one of those, yet. I make little tea dollies. Similar poly face, but the size to put a tea bag into the fabric pouch body, square with little rag arms and legs, and can be mailed into a greeting card. "Since you aren't with me, share a cup of tea"  Grin

Hope to keep in touch and be a cyber friend  Kiss

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
madcrafter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014 09:39:11 PM »

You're welcome. You deserve it. That is very tedious cutting! Can I ask what method and paper you prefer?

Exacto and embroidery/cutical scissors are my favorite. Papers, I generally just experiment with. Some seem to shape better than others. I'm not sure the difference there. I collect them from all over, and don't seem to keep up with what are the actual kinds. Many have just been shared with me as extras from swaps, so I don't always have the label for the brands.

I have started making the inchie house things, as well. Back into the miniature and tedious crafts. ::) I love collage and paper arts. In addition to my sewing projects.

Last Christmas I made a ton of really neat snowflakes for my house, and for friends. I love to fold and trim those. If you have not already YouTubed things, there are a lot of tutorials for all of this style of art on there.

I like your spirit doll as well. I have not tried one of those, yet. I make little tea dollies. Similar poly face, but the size to put a tea bag into the fabric pouch body, square with little rag arms and legs, and can be mailed into a greeting card. "Since you aren't with me, share a cup of tea"  ;D

Hope to keep in touch and be a cyber friend  :-*

~T

Tedious pretty much explains my whole life.  I had a supervisor at work who said that I had more patience than anyone he had every met.  He would sit and listen to my calls and just laugh as I would get callers who wanted me to pull IE out of Windows line by line.  I do tend to do crafts know one else has even heard of.  Tedious can be good though, I find paper cutting very meditative.

I have also tried many papers and have found that the old clay based papers are very nice but tear when the knife gets dull.  The paper I find most useful is parchment papers from the stationary section of the office supply stores.  I have a huge selection because I also do book binding.  I have also had good luck with the Astrobright papers but they do tear more easily.  So to get colorful cuttings I use spray paint for paper.  I mostly use a stencil knife and a Cutter Bee scissors.  I do have an iris scissors but have never found them very useful.  The iris scissors were purchased to do Pergamano , another tedious craft!  There are a pair of scissors I want rather badly and I made a bet with my boyfriend that if I get a Fair ribbon for the paper cuttings I can buy them.  Since paper cutting is a miscellaneous craft the odds are I won't even get "Honorable Mention".  Two years ago I lost to a scale model of "Hogwarts" out of odds and ends, it was wonderful!

I had never heard of "inchie houses" I will have to try that too!  Snowflakes are really fun to make and one of these days I am going to do a huge pile of fancy ones.  As for the tea bag that sounds like really a lot of fun.  This year in the Fair I am entering a 25 inch square pineapple doily made with size 30 thread.  Yet another tedious project that I just love to do.

Thank you for your kind remarks about "Living in the Moment" doll.  Maybe you can join  if there is another swap, lots of fun making dolls.

Please feel free to send me a personal message.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hand Sewing a Blind Skirt Hem
How to Make a Costume Corset
How to Make an 8-Bit Hoodie
Bead Artist Teresa Sullivan Speaks About Her Work
How to Embroider Constellations
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...