A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 13 Days of Halloween Rnd 6 (S/O Sept 22)  (Read 29772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2014 12:44:00 PM »

We usually start around 6:00 when Halloween falls on a weeknight since I don't get off work until 5:00.  It's pretty much a free for all in terms of ages.  I have heard of small towns that do specific hours for trick or treating.  Does anyone else hate the teenagers that trick or treat?? If you are old enough to have a job go buy your own dang candy!

Just and FYI as of tomorrow I will be camping with no internet.  Will be back online Monday.

Finally, has everyone been in touch with their partners??  Please let us know ASAP if there is an issue.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014 12:47:19 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sederick

"Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now doughnuts!"

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2014 05:23:24 PM »

We moved to Bellingham so we went from over 400 kids a year to nothing. Since I am a home haunter this is not good *L I am going to have to figure something out.
On a swap note finished number 2 item. So far I don't want to part with either of these so that is a good sign
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kapow. Totally logical and irrefutable rebuttal to your possible doubts.
Deviantart http://sederick.deviantart.com/
Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrixiesTrash
Pinterest http://pinterest.com/sederick/
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2014 06:43:53 PM »

Hm, much of that sounds similar to here. (Southern Ontario, Canada, that is). I guess American TV shows often just show the daylight pieces!

In related Halloweenie news, my boyfriend and I are starting to think of house hunting, and I asked an important question: "How would you feel if I built a graveyard on the front lawn for HAlloween?" His only concern: "A real one?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #323 on: July 25, 2014 11:17:12 AM »

Eeeeeeek!  So excited!  Found what I needed for my 3 large projects!  Starting to think some of my small items need to be bundled together since they could never add up to the 3 new projects.  Now I am getting swap anxiety.   What if my partner thinks the smaller items are corny?  What if I dont send enough?  I plan on hand crafting all 13 items and sending a few store bought goodies to make up for the small things....but but but but but....
When I get to the middle of my projects for a swap I always second guess myself.

Sorry for the rant fellow crafters, I am sure we all feel the same way, I just had to get it off my chest and knew you would understand.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014 11:19:52 AM by dessadoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #324 on: July 25, 2014 02:07:10 PM »

I just finished an epic project. I am pretty pleased with myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2014 06:07:18 PM »

Sorry for the late check-in.  I've never had trick or treaters since moving to the city.  To be fair, I also don't stay home on Halloween most years.  If I have to work on Halloween, I do give out candy at the library.  Does that count?
I've finished a few items, still working on others, and planning out even more.  I'm happy with most but a bit worried about the colors on one item.  I like them but I hope my partner does.  I'm just concerned that I crafted more for my tastes than my partner's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

Re:
« Reply #326 on: July 26, 2014 02:27:11 PM »

I finished my first item! Super excited about it. Halloween stuff is being put out at the craft stores...definitely getting me in the mood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #327 on: July 26, 2014 03:33:12 PM »

Finished a couple of projects,  A few others are drying. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #328 on: July 26, 2014 05:02:22 PM »

Dessadoll, I'm sure I'll love everything! Don't second guess yourself!

Now that I'm home from Fringe Festival I have time to actually craft. Trading one happiness for another, basically. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Sparkledust
« Reply #329 on: July 26, 2014 11:43:21 PM »

Hm, much of that sounds similar to here. (Southern Ontario, Canada, that is). I guess American TV shows often just show the daylight pieces!

In related Halloweenie news, my boyfriend and I are starting to think of house hunting, and I asked an important question: "How would you feel if I built a graveyard on the front lawn for HAlloween?" His only concern: "A real one?"

We did this in the back garden last year. If you get some family members dressed up as zombies you can take some awesome pics of zombies coming out of graves. We made them out of cardboard (We had loads after moving) and used the lids to stand the side bits up with, painted them and added textural bits on, angled some and then covered these stands with soil when they were done to hide them.

We are in a close so didn't get too many trick or treaters last year but hope now we have been here a year that the kids know us now and will Smiley

Finished another one but onto a treat now that may take some time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Jeans to Work and Look Professional
Threads: Shaun Neff Takes Us Inside Neff Headquarters
How to Wear a Bold Skirt this Summer
I-DIY: A Quick Craft to Bring Some Flair to Your Army Jacket
The Fashion Trends Your Kids Will Want to Rock for Back-To-School
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...