A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Meal Planning and Prep Cook-Along  (Read 4280 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2014 09:33:11 PM »

My brother just re-built our front porch and got us a BBQ so I am excited to grill!

Yeah, this week has been rough for dinners. Yesterday I had an officer meeting in my vice president's fabulous backyard. It was a teensy bit warm but we were in the shade. I brought spinach-zucchini-broccoli-feta fritters with tzatziki, we had fresh peas and cucumbers from VP's garden, a meat/cheese/cracker tray, a yummy salad with raw red and yellow bell peppers, kidney beans, and barley. Such a nice fresh meal! I assume that's the best I'll eat all week lol, still haven't had dinner tonight (930 now).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2014 09:37:39 PM »

It is hot here, too!

I bought feta cheese pasta Greek salad and chicken tenders already cooked for dinner for one...

Tomorrow, I am going to try to fire up the grill myself as I bought two salmon burgers, corn on the cob, and coleslaw mix...

I also bought more zukes to spiral and tofu...going to try the Thai salad, lime!

I was going to make candles tomorrow, but it is too hot...I think I will make Mint Julep ice tea instead and sit outside under the oak tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2014 10:37:21 PM »

I've been taking a late afternoon/evening nap and then eating dinner super late. Not ideal, but I need the nap after my nephews wear me out all day!

Cold pasta salad sounds really good! I think I may mix some up to throw in the fridge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2014 02:54:37 PM »

I know just what you mean!! What part of the country are you in, CLM? I'm in the PNW where a 90 degree day KILLS us (or me, at least!). 73 degrees is about my max Smiley.

We r in southern Ontario, Canada. It's parallel with northern Cali/southern Oregon so wine region, our fruit belt, lots of farms outside of the cities. Frikken hot the last week, my goodness. Then we left for camping (in southern Michigan) and the weather broke so I had way underpacked, lol. At least the cooking part was bearable without running the AC in the RV the entire time, ha. We roasted weenies and marshmallows last night, it was SO fun! Back home tomorrow and will have to work really hard to figure out meals now with my work schedule and the kids being off school. I don't know how other parents do this :/.

Perhaps if you share that recipe for mint julep iced tea AIMR, that might help me get through this summer Wink.
It does have liquor in it, right? Say yes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2014 03:50:16 PM »

Tonight we're grilling a pack of chicken sausages and a big ole pile of veggies to eat off of for a couple days. Loving my grill tray/pan and new barbecue grill! I'm going to also grill chicken breasts for salads for the week, hard boil some eggs, and get out my mini food processor to shred carrots and slice celery and whatever other veggies I have in the fridge. Trying to not do too much grocery shopping early in the week since I am going out of town Thursday and will need to get groceries to take with me. Condos with full kitchens are the way I vacation Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014 03:50:51 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2014 04:35:40 PM »

OH YUCK. You know when you get back from holiday and have nothing much to eat in the house? Frozen gluten-free gnocchi is undelicious no matter what you prepare it with. Ugh.
I'd like something like this portable fold up grill, I don't have space for a char-b-q le sigh http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/napoleon-travel-q-scissor-cart-grill-0852201p.html#.U7sukukU-9A
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2014 08:29:57 PM »

I can attest to the fact that MareMare knows how to eat really well while being away from home. I've been lucky to crash one of her condo trips Smiley.

Oh dear, CLM. Frozen gluten-free gnocchi does not sound particularly delicious.

Here's my dinner plan for this week.

- Monday - Zucchini Noodles Aglio et Olio (from the link Mare shared earlier) + Tomatoes Provencial
- Tuesday - Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- Wednesday - Veggie Tacos
- Thursday - Chinese Chop Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
- Friday - Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps + Rice Salad with Miso Dressing

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2014 04:30:03 PM »

Lime, where do you find the juice to make such things at the end of the day? Your list sounds delicious and... exhausting to prepare!
I'm realizing that meal planning only works insofar as I've got the energy to actually make what I've planned. Sometimes I am So tired after my jobs that there is just no way. I have to stick with big-batch cooking so there's ready made stuff, that's about the only sort of planning that's going to be manageable for me.

If you are growing zucchini in your garden you're probably in for a glut as they just seem to keep coming and there's never enough to do with them all. I came across these 2 recipes today that look great, an entre and a dessert. I'm going to try them both out on the kids, wish me luck!

http://www.doitdelicious.com/recipes/make_it/quinoa_zucchini_and_toasted_walnut_pilaf

http://www.food.com/recipe/zucchini-cobbler-9795
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014 04:34:01 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2014 06:41:07 PM »

Zucchini cobbler! That looks really good - I've never seen/heard/tried anything like that.

It sounds like you're figuring out a system that will work for you. I'd like to do more big-batch stuff but with just the hubby and I, we end up eating it for days and get bored of it.

Cooking dinner is how I wind down from work. I put on Buffy the Vampire slayer, chop veggies and let the stress of the day roll off me Smiley! Also, I don't have kids to deal with so my attention isn't divided.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
calliemae
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2014 10:35:47 PM »

When it gets really hot I tend to live on salads and lettuce wraps. I do that for most of the summer so that I don't have to turn on the stove. Otherwise, tacos are always quick and only need the stove top so don't heat the whole house, or else I'll use the bbq to actually cook food. I got home from camping this evening and even my basement was crazy hot. Not looking forward to the rest of the summer.

I'm going for groceries tomorrow. My meal plan for the week so far is:

Wednesday: Grilled romaine leaves with corn on the cob, red bell pepper and some red onion, that will be drizzled with some kind of salad dressing (whatever I pick up tomorrow)
Thursday: Greek salad with romaine, feta, cucumber, red onion, scallions and maybe some croutons
Friday: Grilled romaine, soy chicken pieces, corn on the cob, red onion salad
Saturday: Some kind of grilled fruit with some feta cheese, and some fresh spinach leaves
Sunday: Strawberry & spinach salad with feta cheese
Monday: Some kind of noodle salad in lettuce wraps
Tuesday: Tofu in bbq sauce probably served in flour tacos

The zucchini cobbler sounds really good, might have to try that sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Gifts in 2014: 17
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crab Cakes Recipe
How to Make Better Bacon
Four Cheese Mac & Cheese
Apple Sauce Cake Recipe
Authentic Bayou Country Gumbo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...