A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CRAFT MY PET FOR ME! (SU FULL;SO July 21, 2014) ***PARTNERS ASSIGNED***  (Read 4787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chrmisha
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"I always wanted to use that spell"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 06, 2014 09:32:50 PM »

Swap name: Craft My Pet for Me!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: chrmisha
Sign-up date range: June 7-21, 2014
Date to send item by: Monday, July 21, 2014

GALLERY

************************************************************[/size]

Limited to a certain number of people? 12
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Open to FIRST TIME swappers? NO

If you have, or have had, a pet that has changed your life, than this is the swap for you! Join this swap to celebrate a current beloved pet or to honor a deceased beloved pet.

Details of Swap:

You will be crafting for the SWAPPER, not the pet. You can make any sort of pet-themed items you think your partner would like related to the particular pet they've asked you to focus on. You will be required to SEND A PICTURE of the pet you'd like your partner to focus on WITH THE SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE. If you have more than one pet, or would like to share more pictures, those kinds of discussions should occur with your partner, once assigned.

Any type of crafting will work for this, so you can sew, paint, knit, crochet, get crafty with paper or polymer clay, etc, as long as you make something your partner will like, based on her pet, questionnaire, and pinterest, wists, etc.

Some ideas of what to make/purchase might include:

Drawings/paintings, hoopla, small models of purebred pets, jewelry, pouches, purses, pincushions, pillows, plush pet, keychain, coasters, mugs, placemats, appliques, t-shirts, polymer clay figurines, felted pets, etc. etc. etc.

This swap will be for ONE MEDIUM and TWO SMALL items (or the equivalent thereof; i.e., one large, or two mediums, or four smalls).

By Time
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = One single necklace or bracelet, a scarf, a pouch
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one likes to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery, and take pictures of what you make before you send it.
- HAVE FUN!

Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWAP, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

1. Fill out the questionnaire below.
2. Attach ONE picture of your favorite pet (past or present)
3. Private message items 1 and 2 above to chrmisha with the subject "CRAFT MY PET SWAP"
4. Post a message in this thread saying that you submitted your questionnaire
5. Have patience with me, I'm a first time swap organizer ;-)

QUESTIONNAIRE:

Name of swap: Craft My Pet for Me
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (YES/NO)

Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)

Confirm that have successfully completed AT LEASE ONE swap prior to signing up for this swap (YES/NO)

1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?

2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or certain animals/products)?

3. Does your house have any allergens? (i.e., pets, smoke, wool, lots of dust, etc.)?

4.  Please list the number and type of pets that you own (or have owned that are special to you), including their breeds and names (ex: Brindle boxer named "Benji", Siamese cat named "FuFu", Clydesdale horse named "Shy", big brown mutt named "Sugar")

5. What particular pet (past or present) is the most special to you/do you wish to receive crafted items related to?

6. What made this particular pet so special? (ex: physical characteristics, the story of how you found/purchased/adopted it, any special memories, funny traits/behaviors/tricks, an emotional time/momentous event/time in your life, etc.)

7a. If you have many pets, would you prefer items crafted around MORE than one pet? (YES/NO)

7b. If YES which ones? (Or you can leave it up to your partner by saying "Feel free to craft any of my pets").

7c. Some people have expressed interest in having their many pets crafted for/crafting for a partner's many pets. PLEASE COORDINATE THIS WITH YOUR PARTNER DIRECTLY (as it will probably go beyond the requirements of this swap). However, please state here if you are interested in crafting for more than one pet (I will use this for matching purposes): (YES/NO/MAYBE)

9. Please list a few items you would especially love to receive:

10. Are there any items or types of crafts you do not wish to receive?

11a. What crafts do you do?

11b. Are there any particular crafts that you want to mention that you do NOT do that a partner might commonly ask for? (eg., I don't know how to knit or crochet).

12. Favorite colors?

13. Least favorite colors?

14. If you have any strong dislikes that might pertain to the swap, please let them be known:

15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):

16. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of who you are. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you.

17. You MAY include something for your partner's pet(s) as well, but that is totally optional.

18. BE SURE TO ATTACH A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE PET TO THE PM WITH THIS QUESTIONNAIRE. (If you have more than one picture, or more than one favorite pet, please coordinate that with your partner. DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE PICTURE. If you must, you can send a collage of pictures but it has to be in ONE picture file). You will not be admitted to this swap UNLESS your questionnaire contains the required picture! NOTE: I guess you can't attach a picture to a private message. Either send me a link to the picture (preferred), or leave me a note and I'll give you my email address and you can email it to me separately.

TO PARTICIPATE, DO NOT REPLY HERE. SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO ORGANIZER CHRMISHA (click here to send her a message) .

Feel free to post pictures of your lovely pets (past and/or present) to this thread when you post to say you have submitted your questionnaire.

Here is the GALLERY for this swap.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

PARTICIPANTS & PARTNERS:

1. Chrmisha (SENT & RECEIVED) <> Sharalee (SENT & RECEIVED)

2. Alittlemusthave (SENT & RECEIVED) <> Crazyda79 (SENT & RECEIVED)

3. Onyxnox (SENT & RECEIVED) <> Legatostroke (SENT & RECEIVED)

4. Rockmygypsysoul (SENT & RECEIVED) <> Watsonc7 (SENT & RECEIVED)

5. Blasphemy the Blasphemer (SENT & RECEIVED) <> I sew cute (SENT & RECEIVED)

6. Stillatthetop (SENT & RECEIVED) <> Rantyhippie (SENT & RECEIVED)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014 12:04:42 PM by chrmisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chrmisha

"I always wanted to use that spell"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014 11:38:33 PM »

I'm looking forward to receiving everyone's questionnaires!

(Picture not my own, from dogshaming.com)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014 11:39:24 PM by chrmisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alittlemusthave

Another cup of tea ?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014 11:43:42 PM »

Sent in my questionaire Grin of course I would be first...lol
Here is my two dearly missed deceased dogs George the cocker spaniel and Tia my Kelpie.
The photo is not the greatest quality as it's back when we all used camera film.. Remember that 24 exposures and maybe you kept 4 or 5 that turned out! Ahh that was the days.ugh
anyway this is George my lovely english cocker spaniel. we lost him after he got diabetes. When we found out by the vet, after he had started vomiting that he had severe diabetes. Everything went really really fast after finding out. His urine was like syrup from all the sugars in his body, he began to wee all through the house because he couldn't hold it. Within 2 weeks he was completely blind. It absolutely destroyed me seeming the beautiful gentle giant who absolutely loved running in the fields and swimming in the river go through all this. We decided it kinder to put him at rest, as he just didn't know what was going on, it was cruel to watch. I still feel like crying to this day and it has been 7 years since he passed. He always reminded me of a majestic lion, and he had a heart of gold.
Tia was more my husbands dog and the first pet we bought together as a couple. She could run all day and then drop a ball at your feet to place fetch, she had so much energy! My husband thought it good to teach her to jump on very high round hay bales. A big mistake. She then decided to jump our front fence everyday after my hubby left for work, and our fence was higher then my head! Her biggest downfall was she had a taste for chicken and killed 5 of the neighbours chickens and bought them home, very proud. After months of trying to stop her jumping the fence, we finally gave up and she went to a home in the country in a apple orchard. She broke my husbands heart, to have to give her up but I think she deserved to be able to run free.
Tia was the smartest dog we ever had,a little too smart....

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014 06:05:33 PM by Alittlemusthave - Reason: A little backup story for you all » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014 05:46:18 AM »

I think I will join up!

This is Toby, the booboo bear - he was our first love, born May 23, 1999 - sent to the Bridge July 23, 2012.  He was a Labrador-Shih Tzu mix who chose us when we went to go visit the litter of pups born to our friends, and he was the only one in the litter that wanted to nibble our toes, and let us handle him.  He was a funny looking, full of love fuzzy little guy who stole our hearts.  When he was a pup, I took him for walks at the local part and there were dozens of swallows who loved to fly low in the field.  He would chase them, and seemed to think that if he ran fast enough, he would be able to lift all 4 legs and fly with them - it was so funny to watch, but it kind of broke my heart a little when he finally realized that he would never fly.  He loved tennis balls, and snowballs, and I will never forgot the wonder in his face when he first learned about snow and snowfall - he was so thrilled to be able to play with that white stuff that came from the sky.

This is Ginger - the babyboo , the Princess Gingerella - we got her when Toby was 4, and she was a funny little puppy - a little snotty and bossy, but also cuddly, and sweet.  She couldn't stand to be too far away from any of us and followed Toby around everywhere.  She used to drive him crazy.  She is also a mighty bee hunter - she learned to hate them after Toby accidentally lay on a nest and a swarm attacked him, and she went to his defense.  She is also a bit of a diva actress suck.  She once had her ear nipped by a JRT at the park, when DH took her.  It had scabbed over just fine, but when I got home from work, she made sure that, as I was sitting on the bed changing, to jump up and lay that paw over my thigh and kept giving me sad eyes until I kissed the ear and fussed over he.  She broke a dewclaw playing at the park with me one day, and did not give a dang about it, even when she was bleeding everywhere.  I fixed it, wrapped it, and she did not fuss at all.  But when DH got home with some friends, about 4-5 hours later, she made sure to go to everyone, lifting the paw and whining, until she got sympathy from everyone.  She had knee surgery on both back legs when she was younger, and SIL noticed years ago that she will play and run just fine when no one is watching, but when she knows she is being watched, especially by the men in the group, she will start limping just a little bit.... clap for my Oscar award worthy Ginger!

Finally, this is Troy - the buddyboo - or also know as NUTNUT - we got him last year, from a local shelter.  We couldn't stand Ginger being alone much longer - she missed being with another dog so much that she would whine and cry when seeing another dog on the street opr park and would drag us over to see them.  We did not realize it at the time, but the day we adopted him was actually Toby's birthday, May 23, so it was meant to be.  He was found abandoned, tied to a bench, at a park in the region.  He seemed so quiet, and calm.  But when you let him off the leash - ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM - he is off and nutting about in the woods (hence the nick name NutNut), deliriously happy to run about, chasing after all things small and furry.  Including big bumblebees - yes, they are small and furry to him.   He is so obsessed about chasing something or digging something out of it's burrow that I have seen him try to dig into a tree, using not just his paws, but his entire head, including his mouth.  We have seen him try repeatedly to run up trees - not fallen trees either.  He will spend hours staring at or digging out a burrow.  Thank goodness he has not been successful.  Except he and Ginger did manage to successfully pull a VERY LARGE raccoon out of it's burrow in the winter - thank goodness that fight did not end as badly as it could have.  He has also burrowed so much that we have pulled more ticks off him in one summer than we have ever had to off of the other two dogs through their entire lives.  Yet when he is inside, he is so calm - it's like Jekyll and Hyde.

I love my little boos passionately.  Can you tell?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014 05:52:55 AM »

I am enjoying the stories of eveyrone's little loves!! 

Makes me happy to be doing my modding duties early in the morning to start my day with such a warm feeling in my heart!

You guys are just wonderful with your care and compassion...can't wait to see what kind of projects are made honoring the little lights in our lives!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014 08:18:43 AM »

This thread is going to break my heart. But I love seeing all the little critters all the same. And hearing their stories. Such a bunch of cute furries that we all love and live with. I collect kitties. But, the doggies are cute, too.
I can't wait to see what gets crafted for these "mini people" memory shrines.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014 12:04:48 PM »

I forgot one story about Toby that was a bit of a favourite memory of mine.  It was when it was just him - no Ginger yet.  One way I would connect with some of my patients was to see if they were also dog lovers or had a pet.  I would then pull out a picture of Toby and have them try to guess what he was - very few people could guess what he was crossed with.  One of them was a lady who was with us a long time - she was not that old, and was in a recent MVA where she had some chest injuries from the steering wheel on impact.  Unfortunately, when they scanned her for injuries, they found that she had advanced breast cancer.  She was also a West Highland Terrier breeder, and she and I really bonded over our dogs.  She finally couldn't stand just looking at pictures of Toby any more and asked me if I could bring him in.  My manager gave the go ahead, and after I worked my night shifts, I went home, bathed him, and brushed him, and brought him in to visit.  He was good as gold, and it made her day to see him.  We sat and talked for a couple of hours and he just sat there with that same happy look on his face as in the pictures.  She kept saying to me, "Oh, he is looking at you with love in his eyes."  That phrase always stuck with me.  Also, she was in a semi private room, with another elderly lady on the other side of the curtain.  She kept peeking around the curtain looking at him, and after about a dozen peeks, she finally came around, clapping her hands, begging to pet him.  Toby loved it - he was so good.  He was also super sweet on the subway ride to and from.  The only trouble he gave me was when walking down the back lane of the hospital - there are huge vents there that blow the air out quite strongly periodically and he refused to walk on them.  I had to pick him up over them and let him walk on the concrete flower planters between them - and he may look small but he was about 58 lbs!

But I always think of that phrase when I look at pictures of Toby, "He's looking at you with love in his eyes." and am glad Toby and I got the chance to brighten someone's day like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014 02:15:16 PM »

Sent in and also loving the stories and pictures so here goes... Wink  Both our pups were from accidental litters so we got them before they ever made it to the shelter

Burton Guster, usually called Gus or Guster, our chiweenie.  When we got him he was so tiny you could carry him in your hand and in fact my husband would pop him into his jacket pocket sometimes.  He was the runt of the litter

Now he's huge comparatively!  Nine pounds, all of it attitude!  He's deaf and has severe allergies so we give him shots and he is super paranoid.  He loves his Bear and is a total mama's boy.  He kisses me if I blow on him and he sleeps more soundly on me than anywhere else.  He is super resilient and doesn't respond to negative reinforcement AT ALL.  He loves to go outside but will plop down and refuse to move when he gets hot which takes about 90 seconds during a Texas summer.

Annette Bening, called Bening, is my Maltese/poodle/chihuahua mix.  She came to us as a little gray and tan fluffball.  She would sleep in the goofiest poses and actually still does sometimes.  She loves when I sing to her, I think because it's what I did during the 2 hour drive home after I picked her up when we got her.

Now she's a 14 pound, extremely awkward looking but still gorgeous dog.  She's a teenage girl inside and full of sass and is super moody.  She likes to be delicate but is a ruthless scavenger.  Daddy is her favorite except that he won't let her lick him (which mommy allows).  She's an anxious pup and - I swear to heaven - can understand and will respond to full sentences and complex requests.  She's still gorgeous but her legs are too tall for her body and the black and gray stayed where it was while the rest of her just grew blonde.  She looks like a different dog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014 02:50:38 PM »

Oh I just put my questionnaire in! I love all these stories. We could probably make a book from all of them. Well here is my great guy!

This is one of the best pics I have of him. He was so devoted to us. He would cry when we would come home from work. Just literally cry & wine so much. We didn't have him very long. He was 8 or 9 from someone at my husband's work that couldn't keep him anymore. He blended well with our family Our Schatzi girl took him in right away. She would howl so bad after our other greyhound passed, so we thought he would be good for her & he did. But it wasn't going to be for very long about 2 or 3 yrs we found out he had cancer in his shoulder. Our vet's assistant thought first it was just a sprain & we did too but it wasn't healing & he was in a lot of pain. So we went back & saw our Vet & after more ex rays, yes it was cancer. Just like our other Greyhound a few years earlier. Same thing we kept him on pain medicine for awhile until we it was time. I guess we were being selfish but we loved him so & we didn't have him very long. He tried so hard to be with us but it wasn't meant to be. So our beloved Cooper went over the Rainbow Bridge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014 03:32:31 PM »

rockmygypsysoul-I absolutely LOVE that you have a dog named Burton Guster. That is all kinds of awesome. I will work on getting my questionnaire done this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Formatting Media Cards
How to Get a Model Release
Photography Tips - Taking Panoramic Photos
Choosing a Media Card For Your DSLR Camera
Eliminate Background Chaos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...