A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CRAFT MY PET FOR ME! (SU FULL;SO July 21, 2014) ***PARTNERS ASSIGNED***  (Read 3839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stillatthetop
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014 11:32:27 PM »

In tears at the moment. Such wonderful furry beasts, er..I mean pets. Grin
Several stories for you:

Daughter loves dogs. We came upon a service dog in a coffee shop. Daughter was about 5 years old. She rushed up to pet it, and I had to stop her. She did not understand. The lady momma gave the go-ahead command, and let my daughter fondle the dog. Service dogs are on command. Not to be messed with without permission.

Daughter was mauled by a pit bull at age 9. Still is missing part of an eyebrow  Cry And many stitches later on the side of her face.
Her councilor at school tried to convince her that she had a trauma. Daughter again did not understand...and has no trauma. When I originally got to the hospital, she was watching 101 Dalmations!  Grin "But Mom, I like the movie!" She still rushes up to animals. 22 years old now.

Having fun seeing all your furry family members. And reading the stories about them. I can't wait to see what gets crafted for this. If I had good pictures to post, I would jump in. I miss my beloved Jose, the calico cat. She lived 20 years! Yup. Long time for a cat. Most of the photos I have of her she is curled into a ball of fur. But I just might have to make my own Hoopla for her from memory.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014 12:40:53 AM »

Oh, I hope I get a spot before this fills up!  I need art of my lil man, Sherman!  I hope I get in this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
Blasphemy the Blasphemer

Cats are my life.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014 08:39:34 AM »

I sent my questionnaire.  I couldn't turn this one down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is only one god, and his name is Java Update.
And there is only one thing we say to Java Update:
Not today.
Watsonc7

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014 01:35:42 PM »

We have two dogs, but I signed up for this mostly to get my daughter some Bay Bay swag Smiley. Here's a quick run-down of both:

Two years ago we decided to start looking for a family pet and adopted a 7yo (she's turning 9 this month, booo) chihuahua, Chi Chi, who, within a few weeks, decided she hated everyone in the world but me (I love my Chi!).  I think she is hilarious...how she prances around the house yapping at my husband and daughter if they look at her or walk up to her, she thinks she runs this!  She is the cutest lil beast (she nags a lot, but has never bitten).  Everyone always wants to pet her but she's not having it.  I keep trying to explain to her that she would get so much more lovin if she wasn't so icy.  She is attached to only me, she gets so excited every single time I pet her. She loves to hunch down and pat her front legs really fast on the ground like she's going to attack and play bites and licks me.  My husband and daughter use to be bothered by her rejection but they have moved on lol, she's here to stay.  I was thrilled that she accepted Bay Bay so she has a mini playpal.  Her adoption paperwork said she was basically a breeder dog and was kept in a kennel her whole life, which I feel is why she is like she is, very untrusting.  I had to train her to potty in the grass rather than on our concrete back porch....I think that made me the most sad (and mad), picturing her living her first 5-6 years of life on concrete.  She's living the dream now though Smiley. The picture below is at her 8 birthday party last year. My daughter wanted her in an angel dress, wishful thinking...it didn't take.

We adopted Bay Bay in February of this year (but it feels like he's been with us for forever!).  This 4 year old boy is the most hilarious dog....but the best thing about him is that he is madly in love with our daughter, which is the reason I wanted to join this swap....so our daughter could get goodies made of her bestie.  He is a super under-the-covers snuggler, looooves going on walks, chasing squeaky toys, laying on his back, "sunning" in the backyard, and letting my daughter dress him up (she likes putting him in his vest and telling him he's "standing like a gentleman").  He follows her everywhere!  If I say "go wake up Jada", he will run upstairs, jump in the bed and lick all over her face and then roll over on his back with his paws dangling and wait for her to wake up.  I'm not totally sure why he was given up but we were so lucky to have found him the very day he was brought into the shelter.  He is an excellent playpal for us all (even Chi Chi!) and he's turned into quite the little guard dog lately...he's not so nice to strangers coming up into his Jada's space, he lets them know to back up a bit Smiley
He's a tan/brown and white dachshund with a really long body and short legs with feet that face out, like a duck.  He has the softest floppy ears, and he loves loves loves attention.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014 01:39:51 PM by Watsonc7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
chrmisha

"I always wanted to use that spell"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014 02:33:20 PM »

Hi,

I haven't had a chance yet to update the numbers of people (I'll do that tonight), but for those of you lurking/considering this swap, we are up to 7 or 8 people.

THE LIMIT IS 12 PEOPLE!

So don't delay!!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014 02:35:33 PM by chrmisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014 11:39:26 PM »

It is so cute how pets look like their owners! Jada and the dog. Too cute.
I want to join, but have no way to post good pictures of my beloved Jose.
They are old school. I have nothing online. She was calico kitty.
Can I just mail a print/photo, and the partner can craft from that?
I would wish for a hoopla, or a stuffy. Or something ceramic.
She was so pretty with her colors.
I can find a good photo {or two or three} and just mail it that way.
If that will work, PM me, and count me in.
And I will fill out the questionaire from there.
Thanks!

~T

Darn in tears again! menopause. Another square for my "Walk of Life: embroidery inchie panel.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014 11:44:33 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Watsonc7

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014 07:43:42 AM »

I'm just now getting a chance to read everyone's stories....

What a sad story about George, that must have been a horrible day for you. Many years ago I had a dachshund that I had to let go of because she had cancer.  I remember being baffled...I mean, dogs get cancer?! I had never heard of that, it was some painful stuff, for both of us to deal with.  When I read your story I thought the same thing....dogs get diabetes!?  I'm not sure why I have such a hard time accepting that they get actual diseases, uggg.  What an unselfish thing for you to let George go....it's not easily done. Tia is an adventurous looking dog, loooove those ears and that face is saying "really mom, take the pic...I got places to be".  So you never got any other dogs after these cuties?

Toby:  I have never heard of a lab-shih zhu...and my pervy mind immediately tries to picture how that managed to happen.  Ginger's story was cracking me up!  Ooh and I love labs, Troy is handsome.  I've always been a big-dog girl but since we live so far away from all of our family and have to travel a lot, little dogs are our best option right now.

Ahhhh Burton's face!!  He's the perfect combo of my two favorite small dog breeds, so adorable.  Sassy Annette is so cute. It's so interesting how different she looks as an adult compared to her baby pic.

I've never actually seen a greyhound up close, Cooper looks like he was very intelligent. It looks like he's trying to say something in the pic, so neat...those eyes!  Cancer again, it still baffles me that animals get cancer.  How sad

I love all these interesting dog names. I don't think I will let our daughter name any more dogs lol.  She insisted on Chi Chi for our Chihuahua.  Even though Chi was a 7 year old dog named "Lydia" when we adopted her, we decided to give her a new start, along with a new name, for her new and improved life.  She didn't really respond to Lydia at all, I don't think she had much interaction like that.  We kept Bay Bay's name when we adopted him because he responded to it so well.  

This is going to be an interesting gallery, can't wait

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
stillatthetop
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014 07:48:27 AM »

I submitted my questionaire. Looking forward to getting furry this round!

~T

Yes. Animals can get all sorts of human disease. I have a sneezie kitty right now. He has the same allergies that I do. I wipe his paws with the purell stuff. And bleach the floors. But he goes outside, and brings it back in. But he is active and playful..so he is OK. I wipe his eyes with baby wipes. Same as I do my own {different fresh wipes}. Other black cat is not affected by it. And I wash my hands constant. Before, during, and after. For anything. Cooking, cleaning, litter box...outdoor chores.

If I don't go through a million bottles of cleaning products a week?? This is my life, and I deal with it. My baby kitties are worth it. My newest ones are my pie babies. Coconut cream pie, and Moon Pie. I lost Key lime pie to the tire in the sky. Cry

But I wish for Jose pie to remember. She was such a sweet cat. I talked with Mom today, and even she remembered. Jose has been gone for a while. My calico. Ms. Pretty Kitty Jose pie. Left me 2005.

Key Lime is just your standard black cat with golden eyes. For anyone wanting to add on to my list. I don't have photos of that cat. She left me too soon. 2012. But a sweet cat all the same.

~T
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014 01:03:25 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014 06:28:34 PM »

I love all the animal stories being shared, and the pictures!!!!!  OMG - the pictures are so sweet! 

If it helps with the visualizations - Toby's mother was an 85 lb lab and the father was a sickly half blind 15 lb Shih Tzu - he was terrified of his own puppies, the only way he would go and do his duty in the back yard was when all the puppies were rounded up because at 1 month they were as big as him and loved to play Hop on Pop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
stillatthetop
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014 10:02:18 PM »

Hop on Pop  Cheesy Too funny. And how did a shitz zoo ever manage to wrangle the momma dog? He must have raped her while she was sleeping! Scared of his own pups. Even funnier. This will be a fun swap, for sure.

My photos are in the mail. I have no way to post them, but our organizer Chris said she will for me.

If anyone has good crochet patterns for animals...or have links to some? For little stuffies? I would appreciate them. Other members here probably could benefit with this information, too.

I am limited on my computer at the moment. So I will be tracing your doggies/kitties/pets off the screen  Grin
Old school. But I can master it...no worries.

Look forward to getting my partner, and learning about the pet.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Rum Muffins
Sweet Potato Pie
Roasted Pepper and Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
Arctic Char Filet with Citrus Sauce
Burgundy Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...