A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,425
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mega Man 3 Papercraft Diorama  (Read 2771 times)
Tags for this thread: papercraft , diorama , megaman , capcom , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Twilight says wash your screen; it tastes dirty!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2014 08:55:52 AM »

My recent Castlevania: The Adventure papercraft diorama came out well, so, I was eager to get started on another one. This time I selected a scene from the Snake Man stage in Capcom's 1992 Mega Man 3 Gameboy video game (original Japanese title: Rokku Man Wa-rudo 3, which translates to Rock Man World 3 in English--Rock Man is Mega Man's original name in Japan, if you didn't already know).

Here's the reference screenshot I worked from:

Mega Man vs. Big Snakey:

More photos/information:

Cardboard, game graphics printed out on white paper, white glue, newsprint, permanent marker, and a wire twist tie (mounts for floating elements only).

8.4 cm (3.3") x 7.5 cm (3.0") [widest point x highest point]

Three days: June 3-5, 2014.

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014 12:10:07 PM »

So impressed by the way you have managed to turn a 2 dimensional picture into a 3 dimensional model.  How did you know what the top of the snake's head looked like?

Twilight says wash your screen; it tastes dirty!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014 08:53:41 AM »

@elderflower:  As it's a 2D game, there's no way to know what the top of the snake's head looks like, so, I just edited the game graphics to make something appropriate and glued that onto the head geometry.

@craftylittlemonkey:  Glad I could be of some inspiration to your son.  Tell him to pay attention in geometry class in school, that and drafting and wood/metal shop are probably the classes that gave me the most useful knowledge/skills for constructing/designing papercraft objects.

That web site you gave the link to looks cool, and I've seen some of those ready-made paper origami/model books too.  When I was a kid, we used to have these magazines that you could buy in the store with people, buildings, etc. that you'd punch out and then fold up into 3-Dimensional structures, which were great fun (I seem to recall circus and farm themed ones in particular).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...