I embroidered this for my boyfriend a few days ago. He said he wanted me to surprise him and I thought this pattern would be perfect!
(here's a link to where I found it)http://zuill.us/andreablog/2009/06/28/julys-embroidery-pattern/
It's pretty much all back stitch, with two strands of floss. The only exceptions were the eyes and teeth - for those I only used one strand of black. Also, the dot in his eye is a teeny tiny french knot!
As for the crayon tinting, it was super simple. I had never done it before, but I wanted to try something new and make Godzilla a little bit more special.
Basically, all I did was:
1. Trace the pattern onto my fabric with a pencil (pencil is best, because you can easily hide it with your stitches).
2. Put fabric in a hoop and pull tight (this makes it easy to color with the crayons).
3. Color inside the pencil lines.
4. Iron the design between two sheets of regular printer paper to set the crayon and soak up any excess wax.
5. Embroider as I usually would.
It was so easy and I think it makes him really pop! I love this technique so much.
Here's a closer view of the stitches.
Hope you guys like him!
Thanks for looking!