A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap RD 3 Send out July 22  (Read 6180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madcrafter
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2014 06:07:30 PM »

You all are so funny....and your own worst critics. The pages are wonderful and always will be wonderful. It is so hard to silence that critic in our heads, where and when did that little critter get stuck in there? Just tell it to shut up!

Our work is beautiful, inspired and you should never, ever apologize for your creations. (Especially before it arrives.  :D) We do ourselves and other crafters/artists a disservice when we put ourselves down. We put our hearts into these swaps and I always love what I get. It is fresh, original and always a wonderful surprise. Own your creations. Be proud of them.

And I am waiting un-patiently for my pages....wait.....wait...check mailbox....wait.

That being said the journal page still on it's way to you is the ultimate journal page ever made!  The page should be there tomorrow and you will see for yourself.  I really went far out of my comfort zone and mixed patterns and colors I would never have tried before.  That is why I am not very confident.  So I would appreciate an honest appraisal of my work because I'm a big girl and want to learn how to improve what I do.

Thanks
Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
angielou1
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2014 06:32:45 PM »

"madcrafter" I received your page today and I LOVE IT. It's beautiful. The colors and theme is so me.Thank you. I have no complaints whatsoever. I can't wait to see it in my Fabric Journal with some personal thoughts added to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madcrafter
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2014 11:32:48 PM »

"madcrafter" I received your page today and I LOVE IT. It's beautiful. The colors and theme is so me.Thank you. I have no complaints whatsoever. I can't wait to see it in my Fabric Journal with some personal thoughts added to it.

I'm so glad that you like the kitten.  But if you want to give it a face I understand.  I enjoyed finally getting to use the Molas book and of course the excuse to buy some colorful fabric!  But I think that I would change several things about the journal page.  Definitely have to do some more Molas!

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2014 06:12:44 AM »

I have not done a reverse applique in a while...I forget how wonderful it is.  I also love the colorful regular appliques done by the Cuna Indians in the San Blas islands...here is one I just framed for a friend:

I think you will enjoy this technique a lot...it just takes practice so feel free to send me any practice pages... Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
madcrafter
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2014 09:15:35 AM »

I have not done a reverse applique in a while...I forget how wonderful it is.  I also love the colorful regular appliques done by the Cuna Indians in the San Blas islands...here is one I just framed for a friend:

I think you will enjoy this technique a lot...it just takes practice so feel free to send me any practice pages... ;D.

Your Mola is beautiful!  Really love all the bright colors you used.  You're right about the practice but you also need a firmly woven fabric.  The Kona cotton I bought kept fighting me and raveling.  I keep wanting to make a coat using Mola applique with all the layers it should be warm!

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2014 10:26:53 AM »

I did not make that mola---I bought it at my Panama Canal Zone HS class reunion.

I have a lot of older molas that are made with very loosely woven fabric--what a pain it must have been, but it does make the designs easier since it is "moldable".  Traditional molas have red as the top layer.  The best molas are the ones with several layers...there are a lot of beginner molas and inexpensive molas that have only two or three layers.

It is a fascinating art form and is now protected for the Kuna/Cuna indians!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Malla Nunn on Present Darkness
Elizabeth Fremantle Introduces Us to Katherine Parr
Sarah Ban Breathnach: The New York Times Bestselling Author Who Lost It All
Motherboard: Author William Gibson on Real Life Technology
Chick-O-Saurus Rex by Lenore Appelhans and Daniel Jennewein
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...