A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap RD 3 Send out July 22  (Read 5349 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2014 06:03:25 AM »

That sounds interesting, Wulf!

I saw a couple of techniques last round that I have yet to try...and I have been wanting to try sun printing for a while as well, and now that summer is well on its way here, I might have a chance to do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pioneer9

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014 03:14:14 PM »

Got started on some pages today...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014 06:25:52 PM »

I've got two projects for art submissions...one is an ATC call fro entries (check out Cloth, Paper, Scissors...they have a call for entries for ATC size ornaments using old books...black and white and read all over. Due early July)

And a chance to do an art installation for our church. We are installing a rainbow flag in the entry way clearistory and I am submitting some rather ambitious designs.

Out of this should come some fun fabric pages....I love it when ideas run wild. This is such a great way to try out techniques and textures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
madcrafter
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014 06:40:47 PM »

cmarion3 and angielou1, I looked at your links and I am intimidated!  But I will put those feelings to use and make something amazing!  That is the plan anyway.

cmarion3 - I have a idea for your page and I would like to know if you would like extra fabric around to seam the finished piece.  I enjoyed your "Art Journal" and got some very good tips from your most recent entry.  This is going to be fun!

angielou1 - I looked at your pinterest and you and my sister have a lot in common.  A yew vague ideas are formulating.  In the category Cats/Famous Felines did you want only famous cats?

I'm looking forward to developing some ideas for your squares.

Madcrafter
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014 07:02:36 PM by madcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
angielou1
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014 07:36:16 PM »

Grin "madcrafter".Don't be intimidated! It's the fun of getting partners with different styles and taste. You get to experiment and have fun.
 In reference to Cats/famous felines I love cats as pets in general and cats in the wild, and by famous felines I mean like Morris the Cat, Egyption Nubius,The Spinx, Pepe le Pew's "girlfriend",Grumpy Cat,Pink Panther,any CAT that is known by name Grin
 I also have some ideas working on Nature, Gardens and walking barefoot.  FEEL SO GOOD!! You read about Earthing/Grounding?Awesome, no wonder I am always barefooted.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014 07:54:04 PM by angielou1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014 08:28:59 AM »

cmarion3 and angielou1, I looked at your links and I am intimidated!  But I will put those feelings to use and make something amazing!  That is the plan anyway.

cmarion3 - I have a idea for your page and I would like to know if you would like extra fabric around to seam the finished piece.  I enjoyed your "Art Journal" and got some very good tips from your most recent entry.  This is going to be fun!

Madcrafter

Madcrafter - He he, don't feel intimidated...we all feel that way...it's built into crazy crafting people. After all we only post and swap our "good" stuff. You should see the failures (or maybe you will...they find their way "transformed" into other pieces). I like simplicity, clean lines, messy, flat and 3D...so you see you cannot go wrong.

Yes extra fabric is good. I only have a few pages in my fabric journal and haven't decided on how to bind them into a journal yet. Right now they are on my bulletin board to cheer me up.

I've been designing for both my partners, but no set ideas yet. I like to let it mull around up there in my big empty head until the deadline gets real. I seldom go with my first ideas anyway unless they grab hold of me and make me create them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2014 11:38:52 AM »

I have started on one of my partners, it's a little different then I usually do. It'll work I'm pretty sure & I have a few other ideas in my head for more pages.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
Smmarrt

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014 01:49:26 PM »

Madcrafter - He he, don't feel intimidated...we all feel that way...it's built into crazy crafting people. After all we only post and swap our "good" stuff. You should see the failures (or maybe you will...they find their way "transformed" into other pieces). I like simplicity, clean lines, messy, flat and 3D...so you see you cannot go wrong.

The "cover" photos that I used for this round and Round #2 are two of my fails from the first round - I can't seem to throw them away. I believe they will inspire and teach me something in the future. So try something and see if it works out for you. This swap is about using up what I have so it's no biggie (to me) if I need to make one or two or three versions until I get it right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
madcrafter
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2014 05:13:01 PM »

Madcrafter

Yes extra fabric is good. I only have a few pages in my fabric journal and haven't decided on how to bind them into a journal yet. Right now they are on my bulletin board to cheer me up.

I've been designing for both my partners, but no set ideas yet. I like to let it mull around up there in my big empty head until the deadline gets real. I seldom go with my first ideas anyway unless they grab hold of me and make me create them.

Thanks for the encouragement!  I have a cool idea for your journal page, just need to figure out what techniques to use.  Who knows I may just embroider the whole thing if I can find my embroidery frames.  It is interesting that I usually go back to my original ideas after thinking about things.  I look forward to getting started but I need to get stuff ready for the Fair.  Lucky for me I can work on one project and think about future projects at the same time.  Unlucky for me I hear my loom muttering that I really want to weave these pages.  It would be cool to have the warp threads hanging from the finished pages, but it would be a lot of work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

madcrafter
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2014 05:45:02 PM »

The "cover" photos that I used for this round and Round #2 are two of my fails from the first round - I can't seem to throw them away. I believe they will inspire and teach me something in the future. So try something and see if it works out for you. This swap is about using up what I have so it's no biggie (to me) if I need to make one or two or three versions until I get it right!

When I saw your note about those pages being fails I couldn't tell what was wrong.  I thought they were beautiful.  Having talented swap partners is really great because I will learn so much from them.  But this will be my first fiber journal pages.  I've seen finished journal pages in magazines but never thought of trying to make one myself until this swap.  I have a mount Craft worth of supplies and odd and ends that the possibilities are endless.  I'm sure that I will have some fails but I always seem to be able to use even mistakes in the end.  After all some mistakes are even better than what we started to make.

Thanks
Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Jagged Edges - Shake 4.1
How to an Create Expression - Shake 4.1
How to Use the 3D Keyer - Shake 4.1
How to Create Textures - Motion 3
How to Use Masks - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...