(This is a craft fail from the first round. My partner was JessKelly and moon/lunar was one of her themes. I tried "couching" or what I thought was couching which is to stitch over yarn - in this case to make letters.)
Swap name: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap 3 (FAJPS 3)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: June 1 - 15, 2014
Date to send item by: July 22, 2014
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? Craftster rules
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Let's go again! We will swap one fabric art journal page with one partner. (If there is an odd number of swappers, I may make a 3-person group. Swapper A will send to Swapper B who will send to Swapper C who will send to Swapper A.)
You will craft a "page" - more like a quilt block - with unfinished sides and back and your partner will add it to his/her art journal or make a fabric book. Each swapper may choose the size they would like and the theme and their partners will have artistic license to interpret this theme as they wish. This could also be called a mixed-media fabric art journal page because you will add, incorporate and embellish with lots of goodies - fabric, buttons, ribbon, charms, sequins, paper and whatever else you can think of and/or already possess. NOTE
: We are swapping 2 or 3 pages with 2 or 3 partners as we have a small group this round.
As in all swaps, communication is key for a happy swap. So chat with your partner, chat in the discussion thread and ask questions This is a new technique and medium for most of us so we're all newbies in this swap.
Gallery 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429181.0#axzz2liffwRQa
Gallery 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430997.0#axzz33QXn2UJj
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap 3 (FAJPS 3)
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
List 4 - 8 themes for your pages:
Size of page and orientation:
(vertical/portrait or horizontal/landscape)
Least favorite colors?
Is it okay to use real fur or feathers or other natural items?
Any allergens in your home (pets, smoke, excessive dust)?
Have you participated in this swap before?
Who were your partners?
(I ask this so I don't pair up the same folks again)
Communication is the KEY to all successful swaps - do you PROMISE to keep in touch with the group, with the discussion, with your partner and your lovely organizer?
Links to Pinterest or other sites that might help your partner?
Any other information that you want to share to let your partner know about your tastes and preferences?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.