A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: John Deere booster seat covers  (Read 633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ValiantSeraphim
« on: May 26, 2014 04:14:50 PM »

I had twins in March-- a boy and a girl. They're two months old now, and instead of getting two more high chairs (my toddler still eats in his) I decided to get booster seats to save space. I'm very particular with my twins-- I want them to have matching things that are gender specific. So I ordered the same booster seat but from two different websites so I could get my boy and girl ones. Unfortunately, one came with a vinyl, gross feeling seat cover and the other didn't come with one at all. So I decided to make some.

I used John Deere fabric that I found in pink and blue, which is awesome because my dining area is John Deere themed. I used two layers of quilt batting on the inside so it's slightly cushiony, but not so thick that I can't fold them up for traveling.

This is the first project I've done in a long time that wasn't just straight lines. There are even large button holes for the straps, something I haven't successfully done in... ever. Thanks for looking! I need to learn how to sew clothes, because trying to get coordinating outfits for twins and a toddler is difficult.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014 05:06:27 PM »

These are wonderful and such cute fabric. Smiley Enjoy your twins! My friends had twins 2 months ago, and they also are a boy and girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ValiantSeraphim
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014 05:15:20 PM »

These are wonderful and such cute fabric. Smiley Enjoy your twins! My friends had twins 2 months ago, and they also are a boy and girl.

Thanks! It's definitely an adventure-- every day brings something new with three kids under three. I don't know how I find time to do projects like this  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014 05:23:03 PM »

It is good that you craft...you would never have found such adorable boosters for your twins...these are seriously cute and just so wonderfully coordinated!!

I just love the green and blue for the little boy and of course, John Deere pink for the little girl...perfection!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ValiantSeraphim
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014 05:29:37 PM »

It is good that you craft...you would never have found such adorable boosters for your twins...these are seriously cute and just so wonderfully coordinated!!

I just love the green and blue for the little boy and of course, John Deere pink for the little girl...perfection!

Thanks! I was so excited when I found those prints at the store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014 12:11:41 AM »

What a great idea. They came out great. Looks like a very "happy" mistake because they came out custom and fantastic. My hat is off to you being able to pull this off with three small ones. I sure hope you'll be posting more of your adventures cause this one sure is inspiring. and congratulations on the twins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
EXPOzed #33 - HD Expo 2008 - MACCAM Lighting
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 5
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches Ep4
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 3
How to Create Better Media - Motion Sketches 2
Latest Blog Articles
Keep Calm and Treat Mum
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...